Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I especially like the 5-minute test. More Americans will now want to get tested now. This "should" theoretically help flatten the curve as many do their part, especially if tested positive.

I more believe in because testing isn't widely available and people are not being tested.
Korea got many confirmed cases once they started testing aggressively, but that's the way to find any potential risk to stop it from spreading.
Any that's how it looks when America started doing more testing (animated chart of confirmed cases over time):
Not funny at all. The source of the information presented in an article is more important than the context of the article itself. There's a lot of bogus and misleading information out there. Some try to weigh it qualitatively over quantitatively, vice versa
What's also not funny is that some scientists think this was a deliberate act.

You actually think that's funny.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Its even possible that the more severe strain of COVID-19 hasn't spread enough in those areas and for the time-being S-strain is more prevalent. There are actually two strains of COVID-19, most countries with higher number of cases have the more severe strain (L-type).

I more believe in because testing isn't widely available and people are not being tested.
Korea got many confirmed cases once they started testing aggressively, but that's the way to find any potential risk to stop it from spreading.
Any that's how it looks when America started doing more testing (animated chart of confirmed cases over time):

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
The biggest problem with the Pandemic is that Amazon Prime no longer means 2-day shipping. I just ordered a monitor an wall mount and I might have to wait a week or two. I mean seriously, can't Amazon just soldier on?

(Yes, this is a sarcastic post)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

megazone23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The biggest problem with the Pandemic is that Amazon Prime no longer means 2-day shipping. I just ordered a monitor an wall mount and I might have to wait a week or two. I mean seriously, can't Amazon just soldier on?

You can do BestBuy store curbside pickup, it might be just the same risk as delivering to your home.

From another forum, people were rushing to Walmart to get cheapo pressure washers on clearnce :wtf:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you catch that $65 22-inch LCD Monitor on sale at Costco a short while ago? :p

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
The critical thing is that the drug be used in proper controlled trials so effectiveness be measured versus standard of care and with / without zinc / azithromycin etc. so that statistically valid comparative results can be obtained. No reason not to do this widely in the U.S. as long as proper randomization, data management, and statistical analysis can be performed.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Why would anyone use this as a source of credible news?

ZeroHedge
BY and large, not unlike Drudge. They don’t write much of it. They aggregate stories from other sources, which they typically cite and link to if you bother to read.

There are some very good ones on there today citing for example JP Morgan, the Wisconsin Governor, the NYT and Bloomberg, let alone The Fed and other world government officials.

Which if those sources do you not approve of?

As I’ve been forced to state previously, it’s but one of many sources I read each day, including Marketwatch and the Wall Street Journal which I watch much closer.

I will admit to having given up on CNN and MSNBC years ago as credible news outlets however.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Why would anyone use this as a source of credible news?

ZeroHedge
By the way, again for the reading impaired, that story that got them banned from Twitter (is that really a bad thing?) has been expanded upon by quite a few “legitimate” sources who have posed the same questions they have, indeed in stronger terms.

What they actually did was simply post a link to some Chinese scientist’s research paper who actually floated the idea. They didn’t make up the story, they reported on it.

Big difference.

UPDATE
CNN just published a story with the same 'speculation" from some of the same sources. Does CNN now get banned from Twitter?

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Coincidently they published an article on the subject just today. The thing is, ZH didn’t write a word of it. It’s an opinion by this guy:

Lawrence Sellin, Ph.D. is a retired U.S. Army Reserve colonel, who previously worked at the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases and conducted basic and clinical research in the pharmaceutical industry. His email address is lawrence.sellin@gmail.com.

....A while like the rest of the planet they publish quite a bit lately about Covid-19 (or whatever the politically correct name is this week) , their primary focus and what they are known for is their geo political and financial news.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just stop being an asshole...qualitatively or quantitatively.
Hello Q (Herman Munster). In general, I read your comments with interest. However, don’t you think that in this thread, the time has come for you to rise above it all?

I’m sure that we all still want to hear the result of Lily’s test (your wife), but being a vampire with a fiery temper I’m sure she’s immune and will be just fine. Here’s a couple of clips that I guess have probably already appeared, but they still make me smile:-

Attachments

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Can't deny the fact that no news outlet will showcase some biasness. I can't think of any media outlet that is bias-free, all have their personal agenda :lol:

BY and large, not unlike Drudge. They don’t write much of it. They aggregate stories from other sources, which they typically cite and link to if you bother to read.

There are some very good ones on there today citing for example JP Morgan, the Wisconsin Governor, the NYT and Bloomberg, let alone The Fed and other world government officials.

Which if those sources do you not approve of?

As I’ve been forced to state previously, it’s but one of many sources I read each day, including Marketwatch and the Wall Street Journal which I watch much closer.

I will admit to having given up on CNN and MSNBC years ago as credible news outlets however.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Earliest we can something is in the Fall of this year to as little as 12 months for a workable vaccine / drug for CV. Let’s hope that there are no further outbreaks later this year.

Scientists are working off the original SARS vaccine; both SARS and COVID-19 are 70-80% similar

Disclaimer: I don’t post nor endorse any type of conspiracy.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score