Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
What about all of those latex gloves laying all over the parking lots? Afraid to step on a used condom. Its too hard to distinguish the two especially when the sun sets. The gloves and condoms all look the same. I think the youth are using their free time wisely, spending their time qualitatively engaging in pranks. Its disgusting.

See if you can distinguish this,
WTF....you posted the following...I said no such thing (up arrow). I was only thinking that about you.

Capture.JPG

megazone23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Because they charge you to ship it...which isn't necessarily a problem (or you could be a Plus member) but the delivery date it weeks after when I need it. And, let me tell you how shitty their online order pickup service works. They give you a time slot, you wait for a text saying it is ready for pickup, you drive there, you wait in line to get into the store because there isn't a curbside service, then you get in the store, then they don't have your shit ready to pickup, then you wait in their toxic Covid-19 environment while someone goes to look for the item you already paid for.
My wife had good experience in recent pick up of diapers, might be a few days before they required lining up to get into the store. They're well ready to go when she went to the counter.
Your experience sounds like what I used to have at Lowe's (no wonder it always lacks behind Home Depot), the counter guy needs to find "someone" to get my pick up order which usually take 10 mins and it would be another 10+ mins for my order appear. Last time, they couldn't bring out 2 ceiling lights I ordered after 30mins, I just went to grab them from aisle and did self checkout
In contrast, Home Depot is usually quick (unless when I was picking boxes of tiles), some HD even have pick up lockers like Amazon, you just enter the code and get the stuffs from locker outside.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
No no, I was just sharing this you because you mentioned people's shoes being contaminated with the virus. :p

By the way, Obama is part of the equation too. Since he recently endorsed Biden we should factor him in the equation too.

WTF....you posted the following...I said no such thing (up arrow). I was only thinking that about you.

View attachment 59573

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What about Noob York? Cuomo just mandated the use of masks and face-coverings to be used in the public after days of thinking.

Because they charge you to ship it...which isn't necessarily a problem (or you could be a Plus member) but the delivery date is weeks after when I need it. And, let me tell you how shitty their online order pickup service works. They give you a time slot, you wait for a text saying it is ready for pickup, you drive there, you wait in line to get into the store because there isn't a curbside service, then you get in the store, then they don't have your shit ready to pickup, then you wait in their toxic Covid-19 environment while someone goes to look for the item you already paid for.

I expected those arseholes would have figured out to have a curbside area where you call or text a number and they bring the shit out to you. Stoopid me...I'm just as Floridumb as the rest of them.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Why couldn't she think of something else to lick? Psychotic Disorders prevail :(
Now what, do we blame this on 5G? :rofl:

I got my facts mixed up. $35,000 in groceries coughed on as a covid prank:

Another incident was $1,800 of groceries licked:

Sick people!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
No no, I was just sharing this you because you mentioned people's shoes being contaminated with the virus. :p

By the way, Obama is part of the equation too. Since he recently endorsed Biden we should factor him in the equation too.

Obama is a xenophobe/racist...he called it the "Spanish" Flu....

...and you thought you'd get that by me because I'm Floridumb. :p ...come on libs, you can't have it both ways unless you go both ways :wtf:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Who said every Noob York was a lib? lol ;) Wasn't it called the Spanish Flu due to the Spaniard's press involvement in reporting the pandemic?

Obama is a xenophobe/racist...he called it the "Spanish" Flu....

...and you thought you'd get that by me because I'm Floridumb. :p ...come on libs, you can't have it both ways unless you go both ways :wtf:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been wearing a mask since the middle of February of this year ever since acquiring a different virus that resulted in bronchitis. My immune system is sticking up the finger to SARS 2.0

So, if you haven't thought for days, you don't have to wear masks? ;) :p

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
They do it both ways at Sam's and WalMart. You can order for delivery or order for pick up. The problem is that if you want fresh or frozen items, you can't very well have them sent by UPS. So you at least have to go to the store.

WalMart will have a person bring your order out to your car. You park in a designated pick up area, let them know where you are, and they bring it out.

At Sam's, you let them know when you're there, and they bring it up to the front of the store, to a designated area, and you then wheel it out to your car yourself.

Either way it may be somewhat better than having to wander the aisles yourself picking the items.

I have to shop for my mother (89, and on chemo for cancer) and for my wife and I. I have an order at Sam's and one at Wally World both scheduled for me to pick up this evening. I guess we shall see how it all goes this time, but usually, it's pretty well-handled at the stores here.

Then I will sanitize everything before taking the order to my mom's place for her. And we will sanitize everything I get for us at home, too.

My wife works for an agency that's a branch of the DOE, handling electrical power grid infrastructure. She's been working from home for weeks. They're taking it very seriously.

I work at a municipal water treatment plant (drinking water plant). Naturally, I go to work. But I don't have to be there with anyone else. Effectively, the plant is quarantined all of the time, anyhow for security reasons. So this is not much different. However, now the other guys who work there and I do not overlap our work shifts at all. We never see each other.

And we're being careful elsewhere. So hopefully we won't all get sick at all, and if we do, we won't spread it to each other. This is a small enough plant that unless something big breaks down, one guy can run everything on his own.

The plant serves about 3,000 people.

Something you should all know is that apparently, both Chinese and Russian operatives have been actively working with various social media networks to sow chaos in the US.

Additionally, cyber warfare is huge. Where my wife works, they detect over a million attempted intrusions and attacks per day. Take security seriously, especially now.

And wherever you participate in social media, try not to let them sucker you into one-sided extremism. Try, instead, to arrive at and recommend rational solutions, and bring people together. The psy-ops are very real, widespread, and effective at hobbling us. This has been going on for years, and looking at how divided the US is these days, I have to say, it's working!

Don't be a dupe for our real enemies.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Something people could do to help would be to pick up groceries for at-risk people in their areas as well as for families with small kids. Without day care or school to keep the rug-rats occupied, moms and dads have no choice but to take the munchkins with them to the store, where they crawl on the floors, drool on the carts, and generally spread pestilence far and wide.

Stores should not allow young kids inside, and instead should do the shopping for parents who have no choice but to have their kids in tow when they venture out.

If I've got to go to the store, anyhow, I might as well pick up orders for other folks as well.

At Sam's, and probably Wal Mart, you can designate someone else to pick up your order. That's smart.

megazone23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Something you should all know is that apparently, both Chinese and Russian operatives have been actively working with various social media networks to sow chaos in the US.
Not new from China army (tried not to use Chinese as that refers to a broader group of people including those not in Mainland China).
CPC's "stability funding" each year including spending for Internet army is more than military funding.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Something people could do to help would be to pick up groceries for at-risk people in their areas as well as for families with small kids. Without day care or school to keep the rug-rats occupied, moms and dads have no choice but to take the munchkins with them to the store, where they crawl on the floors, drool on the carts, and generally spread pestilence far and wide.

Stores should not allow young kids inside, and instead should do the shopping for parents who have no choice but to have their kids in tow when they venture out.

If I've got to go to the store, anyhow, I might as well pick up orders for other folks as well.

At Sam's, and probably Wal Mart, you can designate someone else to pick up your order. That's smart.
This is a good idea. Maybe a developer will make an app for this sort of thing, like ride sharing, where people who live nearby each other can take turns with pickups, or pickup for the elderly.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Every store should have a dedicated reservation system with time slots for people to enter the store. The lines outside is an invitation to potential infection

National Strategic Stockpile anyone?

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
New Symptom to be added on the COVID-19 Symptoms List

1586994466650.png

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Every store should have a dedicated reservation system with time slots for people to enter the store. The lines outside is an invitation to potential infection

National Strategic Stockpile anyone?

An interesting thought to that is....how many hospitals and state/county agencies are actually hoarding equipment they don't need because they want it "just in case". President's son-in-law mentioning there was a request of 250 ventilators by a state/county entity where there were zero cases of Covid-19 within three counties. I betcha there's ton's of PPE being hoarded because the hoarders are afraid they might eventually need it while other locations desperately need it now.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
And yet politics is driving incumbents (R&D alike) to reopen the economy...

I do believe in a few weeks we will be past the hump but it will be a while before the right conditions are in place for a mostly normal situation.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk