Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Might need to go from 1.0x to 0.5x

What he’s saying is well said

Good catch there Arjun..... Conspiracy Theory... could this have been the plan?
Thanks for that Video Arjun

Exploitation and corruption has been with us since the dawn of history.

Balance of power is absolutely needed to reduce exploitation.

I'm now of the opinion: That rules should be applied for foreign companies which their countries apply to us.

For example:
In Africa, if African's can not own farmland in China - then Chinese can not own farmland in Africa.
If Chinese must be the majority owner of a company in China, then we should require locals to be the majority owner of companies.

Balance of some sort.

Africa is in real trouble. Can't believe the news in that video clip - That China now owns 30% of the land in Mozambique - that's crazy.

A quick search found a few references to land issues in Africa.
example:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
33.475500, -117.722192 *
*put that into Google Maps
The view looked familiar and reminded me of my time in Kalifornia another lifetime ago. Evidently, I'm been gone for so long that I wonder what happened to the beach (it missing)....must have been a storm.

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Good catch there Arjun. I mentioned this before but was mainly focused on American property and the super rich in America cashing in and reducing the middle class even further just like the Great Recession here in the USA. Countries have to put into place rules and protections during times like this so that those with money especially countries like the CCP, even the super rich of the USA not taking advantage of the economic hardships on people because of this virus. Conspiracy Theory... could this have been the plan?
In the south they were referred to as Carpet Baggers.

megazone23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know if they still have signs as it has been 15 years since I've been there, but in Singapore they have signs on the streets that say no spitting and it is strictly enforced as Singapore is quite the police state:
"Spitting in public. Singapore is not a place for spitters. Reasonably, it's illegal to spit in coffee shops and markets, but it's also illegal on public roads, sideways and any other place that's open to the public. If you break this law in Singapore, you'll be slapped with a fine of up to $1,000"

I think for America, right now, we need a "Finishing School" of sorts. TV and Multimedia Ads teaching all people of all languages to treat public restrooms with respect, don't spit anywhere there would be foot traffic or touching including grass and pavment, don't throw your Covid infected cigarette butts on the ground where people step on them, etc. etc., to name just a few things. Along with masks and glove usage, handwashing, etc.
Can't just do as simple comparison with Singapore. Singapore had dictatorship for over 30 years and it has been so successful because though as a dictator, Lee Kuan Yew was a great leader. Even now the government can set any laws that they like, e.g. regular non-herapeutic chewing gum is still banned (not just you can't spit it in public). The mindset of the people is to follow the leadership and orders, so it's much easier to implement policy and people will work together (willingly or unwillingly) to control the spread of virus.

In contrast, in USA, what has been taught is all about self "freedom". Even when your "freedom" will affect others freedom. I'm not surprised how the situation has gone so bad as there will also be some people don't want to sacrifice their "freedom". And the opposite party of the policy will also go against it even it's for good.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
and today HIS chief medical people came out against using it. Who would have thought scientists could come to a different conclusion than "I've got a hunch" trump
We shall see. But boy did CNN and MSNBC love this study which is sad on many levels...
But in this study the drug was administered to patents in the last stages and all were intubated.

I tried to find Dr. Didier Raoult's rebuttle but it is probably in French, I could not find it.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So you'd think this would apply as a good sampling, however it is not a random sample as they only tested those out shopping. Thus is could be significantly off.

Still even if we take it that 14% have been infected in NY, we're a long way away from 70-80% which is stated to be necessary for herd immunity.

1587706526335.png

rocky500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So you'd think this would apply as a good sampling, however it is not a random sample as they only tested those out shopping. Thus is could be significantly off.

Still even if we take it that 14% have been infected in NY, we're a long way away from 70-80% which is stated to be necessary for herd immunity.

View attachment 60267
I don't think they know quite yet if you can build immunity to coronavirus and if so how long it might last. Also what happens if it mutates.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What happens if it mutates again is the question. It’s been hundred years since the 1918 Pandemic and we’ve only come this far. That has a lot to say. :( I think we can do better.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score