Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hmmm... think you all may enjoy this channel...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thinking cap time folks!

Well, the campaign against hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) continues to intensify.

Yesterday, Chris poked an embarrassing number of holes in the main study being cited by the recent headlines that HCQ has "no effect".

Today, he looks at the growing media reports that HCQ is downright dangerous. Warnings of fatal cardiovascular risk and other side effects that are "inexcusable" to ignore.

It sure seems like we're being told we'd be crazy to put HCQ in our bodies if it does nothing against covid-19 but can harm us with bad, potentially fatal, side effects.

But is that true?

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Thinking cap time folks!
It sure seems like we're being told we'd be crazy to put HCQ in our bodies if it does nothing against covid-19 but can harm us with bad, potentially fatal, side effects.
But is that true?
Ideological rigidity from a scientist or doctor? Nooooo. Who'd a thunk.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes a non-mainstream news outlet has interesting news stories

NTD news ( bias they're anti-CCP ):

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Sometimes a non-mainstream news outlet has interesting news stories

NTD news ( bias they're anti-CCP ):
Interesting that they mentioned findings of blood clotting of Covid-19 patients by doctors in the Netherlands, and it not being related to any drug treatments. That could be the cardiac arrest issue in relation to those that want to blame it on hydroxychloroquine. But hey, I'm not an ideologically rigid doctor, so don't quote me.

And the CCP official saying AIDs started in the USA.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Not fake news at all. He actually said these things about light and disinfectant.
He did. But he did not say the general public should use these methods. He suggested we explore them. Doctors and scientists specifically. This is just like the hydroxy fiasco where the media ran out and said he told everyone to drink aquarium cleaner.

Couple of points on this that you probably won't hear on CNN....

There is research going on with LED infused trach tubes that would output UV light into the airways AKA "inside the body"

He said we should look into disinfectants that can be taken internally. He didn't say poisonous Lysol. He didn't say bleach. Is alcohol not a disinfectant? Hydrogen peroxide? Maybe there is no way to use these successfully internally, but he only suggested looking into it.

He has since said he was only being sarcastic. But jeez, the media just loves picking everything apart.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting that they mentioned findings of blood clotting of Covid-19 patients by doctors in the Netherlands, and it not being related to any drug treatments. That could be the cardiac arrest issue in relation to those that want to blame it on hydroxychloroquine. But hey, I'm not an ideologically rigid doctor, so don't quote me.

And the CCP official saying AIDs started in the USA.
Indeed, the corona virus attaches to the ACE receptor - which is in various parts of the body, not just the lungs.

Kidneys, Heart, Intestines, ... and iirc also interacts with blood ( thus why anti-malaria drugs may help )..

So, there's more to this than just what we normally expect with the flu. Also a reason to be cautious in terms of what happens if someone is infected a 2nd time.

the MD who does the medcram youtube videos does a good job - I'll have to check out and see what he has to share on these topics.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Chinese Global Times ( a CCP State organization ) reports about the risk of African horse sickness !!!
( not racists at all accordingly.. )

Global Times
@globaltimesnews
· Apr 23
China's Ministry of #Agriculture and Rural Affairs warned in a Wedesday circular about the risk of African horse sickness (AHS) ...

1587802281495.png

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
He did. But he did not say the general public should use these methods. He suggested we explore them. Doctors and scientists specifically. This is just like the hydroxy fiasco where the media ran out and said he told everyone to drink aquarium cleaner.

Couple of points on this that you probably won't hear on CNN....

There is research going on with LED infused trach tubes that would output UV light into the airways AKA "inside the body"

He said we should look into disinfectants that can be taken internally. He didn't say poisonous Lysol. He didn't say bleach. Is alcohol not a disinfectant? Hydrogen peroxide? Maybe there is no way to use these successfully internally, but he only suggested looking into it.

He has since said he was only being sarcastic. But jeez, the media just loves picking everything apart.
Also President Trump is not just inventing this stuff out of thin air. The Hydroxychloroquine thing was being done in France by that French doctor before President Trump mentioned it . I read It was reported usage also in China. That’s why he mentioned it initially, it wasn’t his invention, he was just putting out possible “hopeful“ info from reports by the French doctor saying so far he was having success. He just didn’t mention his source.

Also this light stuff and disinfectant is same. Medical professionals are telling him this stuff.

The Leftist media has been on a rampage to discredit that French Doctor ever since Trump mentioned it. Just google that doctor and read all the negative articles painting him as a wacko.
I could not find any dated pre Covid painting him as wacko. Agenda maybe?

It just sad that the Media and Dems are so TDS’ed. They see a 50/50 chance that it could fail and they pounce. They lost on the Russian Hoax. They lost on the Ukraine hoax, and they really lost on the bogus impeachment charade. HOPEFULLY this is just another hoax.

Maybe Biden should go with this as a campaign slogan: Keep America Hopeless :winktongue:

Last edited:

megazone23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also President Trump is not just inventing this stuff out of thin air. The Hydroxychloroquine thing was being done in France by that French doctor before President Trump mentioned it . I read It was reported usage also in China. That’s why he mentioned it initially, it wasn’t his invention, he was just putting out possible “hopeful“ info from reports by the French doctor saying so far he was having success. He just didn’t mention his source.
The problem I would say is what he said are perfectly fine if it's in a brainstorming session (HCQ, disinfectant...) and the way he said was exactly like giving out some idea to explore, but that's not appropriate during an official session.
We always encourage people to speak out their idea in meeting regardless how stupid it could be. A lot of discoveries and inventions came from crazy brainstorming or accidents.

Last edited:

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Haven't checked in here lately, but Covid Panda has not killed me yet.

We currently have the operating room crew evacuate the room while we do the higher risk, aerosol generating steps of intubation and extubation. One of my crew took a nice pict through the door of me about to extubate.

I can just do my work without even thinking about my Bunny Science Halo PAPR. The full hood and filtering protect me from generated aerosols. That lets me be safe in the room with my patient while everyone else is outside.

15 minutes later, the OR room air handler has removed 4 to 5 times the total room air volume and it is considered safe for my crew to re-enter the room.

halo PAPR in OR.jpg