Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Unless I see something compelling to the contrary this is just a natural virus.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Hi Frankenscript

Indeed I completely agree:
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof"

There currently is NO documentation of a naturally occurring ancestor to this.

Thus the fact that the RRAR sequence is at the PPC site is extraordinary.

Thus anyone claiming to know for certain it is naturally occurring or a GMO is making an extraordinary claim at this time.

And, thus any statement of "OK, let's review. THE SARS-COV2 virus is not man made. Period. " is an extraordinary claim.

Truth is at this point there is no way for us to be certain.

My statement: There is no way to be certain without further evidence is by no means extraordinary.

let's face it, we are doing all sorts of GMOing right now, and will do so when making the vaccine for this bugger.
I don't think GMOs to make vaccines is by any means an extra ordinary feat.

update: Reference to GMO tech which allows creation of virus w/o man made "finger prints" in a published article in 2002
Thus clearly showing it is possible..

Systematic Assembly of a Full-Length Infectious cDNA of Mouse Hepatitis Virus Strain A59
Boyd Yount, Mark R. Denison, Susan R. Weiss, Ralph S. Baric
DOI: 10.1128/JVI.76.21.11065-11078.2002
A novel method was developed to assemble a full-length infectious cDNA of the group II coronavirus mouse hepatitis virus strain A59 (MHV-A59). Seven contiguous cDNA clones that spanned the 31.5-kb MHV genome were isolated. The ends of the cDNAs were engineered with unique junctions and assembled with only the adjacent cDNA subclones, resulting in an intact MHV-A59 cDNA construct of ∼31.5 kb in length. The interconnecting restriction site junctions that are located at the ends of each cDNA are systematically removed during the assembly of the complete full-length cDNA product, allowing reassembly without the introduction of nucleotide changes.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
History rhymes...

Starting in 1347 and for three centuries, the second plague pandemic provides ample time to learn how to deal with the recurring outbreaks. And yet, fears of ruining the economy, political expediency, and refusal to accept reality leaves those trying to implement protection measure to fight an uphill battle. The result is even worse economic consequences, and unfathomable death.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I used to work with a lot of "Engineers" in television and Hollywood. Many were morons and they were usually in charge due to there political prowess. Bad Engineers, great Bull Shitters.
But my fellow workers and I always said " well at least they didn't go into Medicine".

God help us if @Arjun and @Frankenscript actually are what they say they are. Probably actually eating Oreos in their parents basements. Godspeed pajama boys.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
So I used to work with a lot of "Engineers" in television and Hollywood. Many were morons and they were usually in charge due to there political prowess. Bad Engineers, great Bull Shitters.
But my fellow workers and I always said " well at least they didn't go into Medicine".

God help us if @Arjun and @Frankenscript actually are what they say they are. Probably actually eating Oreos in their parents basements. Godspeed pajama boys.
What do you think I am/do for a living? I've been pretty open about it although I never talk about which company I work for. I'm curious what sort of threat you think I pose. Except the threat to those Oreos of course; they should be afraid.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Same here, there are a lot of people in the health sector present on this forum. Its no surprise that we make want to make everyone aware of the growing concern over this pandemic. No one is out of the woods yet. I don't have a blog, nor do I vlog. There are far more important things than spending hours video editing; its easier to keep an active discussion during the day rather than staring at a wall during study breaks. There's a growing demand in the health sector. And there are plenty of candidates but it takes initiative. You can join the force if you like otherwise keep calm and here's everything you need to know in a nutshell: Oreos aren't part of a healthy nutritious snack. Keep yourself hydrated, avoid processed foods as well as high amounts of sugar. Eat in moderation, get some physical exercise, and maintain social distancing.

What do you think I am/do for a living? I've been pretty open about it although I never talk about which company I work for. I'm curious what sort of threat you think I pose. Except the threat to those Oreos of course; they should be afraid.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Frankenscript

Indeed I completely agree:
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof"

There currently is NO documentation of a naturally occurring ancestor to this.

Thus the fact that the RRAR sequence is at the PPC site is extraordinary.

Thus anyone claiming to know for certain it is naturally occurring or a GMO is making an extraordinary claim at this time.

And, thus any statement of "OK, let's review. THE SARS-COV2 virus is not man made. Period. " is an extraordinary claim.

Truth is at this point there is no way for us to be certain.

My statement: There is no way to be certain without further evidence is by no means extraordinary.

let's face it, we are doing all sorts of GMOing right now, and will do so when making the vaccine for this bugger.
I don't think GMOs to make vaccines is by any means an extra ordinary feat.

update: Reference to GMO tech which allows creation of virus w/o man made "finger prints" in a published article in 2002
Thus clearly showing it is possible..

Systematic Assembly of a Full-Length Infectious cDNA of Mouse Hepatitis Virus Strain A59
Boyd Yount, Mark R. Denison, Susan R. Weiss, Ralph S. Baric
DOI: 10.1128/JVI.76.21.11065-11078.2002
A novel method was developed to assemble a full-length infectious cDNA of the group II coronavirus mouse hepatitis virus strain A59 (MHV-A59). Seven contiguous cDNA clones that spanned the 31.5-kb MHV genome were isolated. The ends of the cDNAs were engineered with unique junctions and assembled with only the adjacent cDNA subclones, resulting in an intact MHV-A59 cDNA construct of ∼31.5 kb in length. The interconnecting restriction site junctions that are located at the ends of each cDNA are systematically removed during the assembly of the complete full-length cDNA product, allowing reassembly without the introduction of nucleotide changes.

Hi @mat200 I love your posts. So much so that I'll concede the point based on your logic that is difficult to refute. Since this is now the virus with so much of the world 's focus on it, we will know a lot more over the coming months and years than we do now, and the truth will come out whatever it is. I don't believe in enough conspiracy theories to think the real story (whatever it is) could be hushed up on a global scale, and I don't think you do either, so I'll walk back my "period" and replace it with "I haven't seen any compelling reason to believe it is a man made virus, and people I know who are closer to the virology than me are pretty convinced it is naturally occurring, though we all leave open the possibility of a lab-leaked natural origin for the outbreak."

Meanwhile, months ago I read this article, which I think remains one of the most level-headed investigations into it and its origins.

I guess we will wait and see. Thanks for excellent discussion. :clap:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
There is no doubt that this is a global health initiative, requiring every single country to cooperate.....peacefully.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Nursing homes represent more than 1 in 4 COVID-19 deaths in U.S.

Nursing home residents account for nearly 1 in 10 of all the coronavirus cases in the United States and more than a quarter of the deaths, according to an Associated Press analysis of government data released Thursday.

As federal data collection becomes more robust, a clearer picture is emerging of the ravages of COVID-19 in nursing homes. About 1.4 million older and medically frail people live in such facilities, a tiny share of the American population that has borne a crushing burden from the pandemic. Most residents have been in lockdown since early March, isolated from families and friends, even in death.

AP’s analysis of data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services found that nearly half of the more than 15,000 nursing homes have reported suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 as of June 7. About 1 in 5 facilities — or 21 percent — have reported deaths.

Nationwide, nursing homes reported nearly 179,000 suspected or confirmed cases among residents and 29,497 deaths. The latest figures include about 95 percent of nursing homes.

Earlier this week, a special House panel on the coronavirus pandemic launched an investigation into the crisis in nursing homes.

The vulnerabilities are many. Residents live in close quarters, usually two to a room before the pandemic. They shared dining and recreational areas, and physical therapy gyms. Many staff aides work in several facilities, so they can unwittingly carry the virus from one nursing home to another.

Lawmakers are concerned “that lax oversight by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and the federal government’s failure to provide testing supplies and personal protective equipment to nursing homes and long-term care facilities may have contributed to the spread of the coronavirus,” said committee Chairman James Clyburn, D-S.C. “Despite CMS’s broad legal authority, the agency has largely

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Houston Protesters Begin to Fall Ill With Coronavirus After Marching for George Floyd

Increasing numbers of Houston residents have reportedly been diagnosed with COVID-19 after attending protests against the death of George Floyd.

Large protests began in the city days after the death of Houston native Floyd, an unarmed black man who died while police custody in Minneapolis, Minnesota on May 25. Texas has been experiencing a surge of new COVID-19 cases. Harris County, which encompasses Houston, has been adding hundreds of new cases each day to the more than 17,000 total confirmed cases reported as of Monday.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
What a tool...

Fighting to get into a Walmart? I'd more likely fight to get out of one.

Story would be better if the pictures didn't show employee wearing mask in way not covering his nose.

shalem2014

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Story would be better if the pictures didn't show employee wearing mask in way not covering his nose.
True; but considering that a mask offers little to no protection to the wearer against COVID-19, wearing it in this way may actually be the best way after all--it still covers their mouth, stopping droplets from flying everywhere when they sneeze or cough.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
True; but considering that a mask offers little to no protection to the wearer against COVID-19, wearing it in this way may actually be the best way after all--it still covers their mouth, stopping droplets from flying everywhere when they sneeze or cough.
Virus particles can come out the nose too, so the nose should be covered. Also, from a breathing in perspective, simple cloth / paper masks aren't great protection but are better than no protection. Masks should always cover nose and mouth.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
There is no doubt that this is a global health initiative, requiring every single country to cooperate.....peacefully.

Ted has been pretty one-world pro China on this. They really want a one world government, single body like China. Also this segment and other pro China Ted segments don't mention all the WHO mistakes.
With their vain we are so contemplative, such high level thinkers music...F-This Chinese Oprah Winfrey:

And they had to throw in the totally false and untrue Systemic Racism in the USA.

Last edited:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
News today that EU may exclude US folks since we screwed the pooch on Coronavirus response.

Recall last week I said American travelers to China were more a threat than Chinese travelers to the US at this point. Seems Europe agrees.