Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
by negative 89%...Wow
I'm assuming whoever wrote the banner isn't strong in math.
FYI -

The Math is covered started here:
( HR = 0.11 -> thus 1.0 -.11 = 0.89 -> which is the 89% .. )

btw - I've watched a number of MDs and other medical channels on this topic, and how peak prosperity has been covering it as been so much better than any of the main stream media... I also do like Dr. Been and Dr. John Campbell. Tried to get a good balance from those who are not looking to play election favorites.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
They're not hiding the data, they are characterizing COVID-19 as the "new flu"
They are also doing this in the interest of politics

A "minor" note buried in the middle of this web page: U.S. Influenza Surveillance System: Purpose and Methods | CDC

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this system will suspend data collection for the 2020-21 influenza season. Data from previous seasons are available on FluView Interactive.

My conclusion has been that most of the deaths actually caused by covid (as opposed to the phony inflated numbers) have been accelerated and would have happened fairly soon anyway, mostly from influenza. Now the CDC comes along and hides upcoming flu death data, which fits right in to my horrible conspiracy theory. I imagine an alternate theory will be that all of the covid precautions are protecting people from the flu, and I accept this is true to at least some extent. To counter this I'd ask 2 questions:
1) Why is CDC really hiding the upcoming flu death data?
2) If the covid precautions greatly reduce flu deaths, shouldn't they be mandatory and permanent?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I apologize for my sarcasm being taken seriously. "Reduced by -89%" is a double negative, meaning (to me) increased by 89%. I've always hated double negatives, and triples drive me batty.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
COVID-19 sniff test
Researchers at the University of Helsinki have been testing if dogs can sniff out COVID-19, and Anna Hielm-Bjorkman has the good news: They can. With almost 100% accuracy. “A dog could easily save so, so, so many lives,” she told DW. A pilot program at the Helsinki Airport is having travelers wipe their wrists or neck with a cloth, which the trained dogs then sniff. They can identify the virus up to five days before any symptoms appear. People who test positive at the voluntary canine site are directed to the airport’s medical unit for confirmation.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
FYI -

btw - I've watched a number of MDs and other medical channels on this topic, and how peak prosperity has been covering it as been so much better than any of the main stream media... I also do like Dr. Been and Dr. John Campbell. Tried to get a good balance from those who are not looking to play election favorites.
Yeah just being sarcastic

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds so pre-planned
I don't trust those numbers, in the US with 10k hospice patients thrown into our numbers, the 10s of thousands flu patients, heart disease patients, terminally ill patients, etc., plus our Doctors get 20% bonus payment through Medicare for listing death as a Covid-19 deaths. Of course I don't trust any of the numbers out there...

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
How will the US election outcome influence the pandemic?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought the coronavirus was supposed to go away no matter who won? Apparently Indiana didn't get the memo...

1604535498093.png

1604535774142.png

1604535545978.png

1604535568726.png

25% COVID ICU use may not look like much, but it's just about as bad as it has been in this state since the beginning. All summer it hovered around 10% and is spiking alarmingly. Having just "one doubling" of capacity available is not a good place to be.

All our restrictions (except masks) have been removed in the run-up to the election to promote a sense of normalcy. It's spreading like wildfire and increased restrictions or lockdowns are a near certainty in the near future.

Attachments

mcapeed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I thought the coronavirus was supposed to go away no matter who won? Apparently Indiana didn't get the memo...

View attachment 74190

View attachment 74194

View attachment 74192

View attachment 74193

25% COVID ICU use may not look like much, but it's just about as bad as it has been in this state since the beginning. All summer it hovered around 10% and is spiking alarmingly. Having just "one doubling" of capacity available is not a good place to be.

All our restrictions (except masks) have been removed in the run-up to the election to promote a sense of normalcy. It's spreading like wildfire and increased restrictions or lockdowns are a near certainty in the near future.
No worries Biden said he would cure Covid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Vaccinate every animal? Possible?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Vaccinate every animal? Possible?

If we had new vaccines raised against the new mutations, it would be "possible" but likely impractical. New vaccines could be developed based on the process used for human vaccines that are nearing review and approval, but the cost is pretty high, even with the lower bar used for animal vaccines. Easier just to breed some new mink.