***PSA for those with a New DAHUA NVR with Built-in PoE switch

Turis

n3wb
Reaction score
I followed your instructions. I changed the IP in de machine to 10.0.0.xxx and then went to the web interface.
I connected a camera and after a while the NVR connected.
I have a green light and the camera is port 1. The IE is blue and a opens a new tab.

But in the new tab the camera is not opening. The 10.0.0.xxx:10080 don't exist.
Any idea where it is going wrong?
If you click blue IE icon, it should open in a new tab not with camera's IP, but NVR's IP e.g. 192.168....:10080. Different ports (not IPs) redirect to the righ cameras

Frigide

n3wb
Reaction score
If you click blue IE icon, it should open in a new tab not with camera's IP, but NVR's IP e.g. 192.168....:10080. Different ports (not IPs) redirect to the righ cameras
It opens a new tab with the ip as set to the NVR. 10.0.0.xxx:10080
But there is nothing there.

I had to change the NVR ip to 10.0.0.xxx because that is the IP of my router.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
- Did you change your NVR address to 10.0.0.x Before you plugged in any cameras?

- show a screen cap of your registration page with the cameras listed. Are they assigned 10.1.1.x? And a port of 1,2,3 etc?

- on your NVR networking tab did you change the Gateway to your router IP?

Frigide

n3wb
Reaction score
- Did you change your NVR address to 10.0.0.x Before you plugged in any cameras?

- show a screen cap of your registration page with the cameras listed. Are they assigned 10.1.1.x? And a port of 1,2,3 etc?

- on your NVR networking tab did you change the Gateway to your router IP?
I just reset my router. Now it has a 192.168.1.1 ip adres.
Then i factory reset the NVR without a camera.
Then i connected a camera, waited untill it automatecly assignes a 10.1.1.65 ip adres with port 1.
The IE symbol is blue, when selected is opens a new tab with ip 192.168.1.108:10080
But the screen in blank, There is no connection! IT tells me there is a : "ERR_UNSAFE_PORT"

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep that sounds like your problem.

Always use IE as your browser to access the NVR web GUI. Unfortunately that is the only one that works well on Dahua equipment

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You have to use legacy IE not edge

Many have success with Pale Moon browser 32 bit

Frigide

n3wb
Reaction score
It is working. Changes setting in Edge to alow sites to op in IE. Someone tell Dahau / Andy to use another port! This problem cost me half a day. :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You setup separate profiles for day and night. Tell both to be color. I use the Schedule profile which allows me to set the time for the switch from day/night

What camera are you wanting in color at night? Do you have enough light for it to work well in color mode? Most scenes don’t.

Don’t make image changes on the NVR, make all of your setting changes on the camera itself.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice!
Though you may have a problem with people coming from the light into the dark doorway as they will be backlit.
Only way to know is test it .

You’ll probably need at least 1/50 exposure or better 1/100 to limit motion blur

Last edited:

NorthBendDave

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tried following the directions. Got the new DVR 5216-16P-4KS2E and had the 2 new cams T5442T-ZE connected (showed video) but could only log onto 1 camera. said second cam address may have moved. I did a factory reset of the DVR and both cameras. Now it only shows the 2 cams on lower section with red status. If I wait 2 hours, nothing changes. If I delete and search again they show on the upper section with green check mark in status, but they don't move to lower section.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You rarely need to do a factory reset of the NVR

How did you intially login to the one camera? Did they both initially show green indicators in the bottom pane?

Do you have P2P disabled on the NVR?

Show a screen cap of the registration page with the 2 cams with red indicators

NorthBendDave

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Both cams showed green in lower panel. logged in with the E. Other cam would not log in (couldn't find it)

Here is the current statusred dot.jpg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder if it’s the browser port 10800 issue? Are u using IE?

Of course that doesn’t explain the red indicators now.

Factory reset camera via manual button in access panel
Unplug
Delete from nvr registration page
Reconnect