PTZ fails after firmware update

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

As I expected, the seller does not have the firmware and made the wrong answers......
My aliexpress seller sent me link for the files,they uploaded successfully but didn't fix it. I'm in the same boat as you it seems

Doryphore

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My aliexpress seller sent me link for the files,they uploaded successfully but didn't fix it. I'm in the same boat as you it seems
Me, I just bought it, received on Saturday.
So I asked to send it back to ebay, it will take a very long time to get a refund, because the Chinese make us run for a long time.
I paid with paypal, but disputes are rarely favorable.
I will recommend a new one because the image was superb, even when zooming in.
Unless someone can help me out here, but I've read the whole thread and tested dozens of firmwares

Doryphore

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Edit: I liked the image quality when zooming so much that I just recommended another one, lol.

Suddenly I wonder if it will be possible to recover the firmware of the one I will receive to install it on the 1st?

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I asked to send it back to ebay, it will take a very long time to get a refund, because the Chinese make us run for a long time.
Unless someone can help me out here, but I've read the whole thread and tested dozens of firmwares
I find they try to make you wait and will offer you £ back to keep it. Keep at them. make counter offers, and then either you will get it cheap or ebay will refund you and you will get to keep it anyway.

Oleglevsha

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
show your Mac address and serial number

Doryphore

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Oleglevsha

You mean when I receive the 2nd camera, you will need the mac address and serial number, in order to get the firmware and inject it into the 1st?

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you have the facility to change firmware if you have it?
Sorry, what I meant was do you have the facility to adapt firmware. I've mentioned on here some cameras where where the IR leds work incorectly and the firmware needs adapting to get them to work correctly.

Doryphore

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyway thank you for your help will be great if you succeed

To change the subject, it seems that these Chinese cameras have backdoor? in terms of security maybe it's not great?

Doryphore

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just realized that in addition to the ptz and zoom problem, the resolution, although set to 5mp (2560 x 1440), is not even 1m actually (800 x 448)