PTZ1A225U-IRA-N 2MP 25x Starlight

Reaction score
Any idea if this model has to be upright as in video and spec sheet, or can it be installed 'upside down'?
Took a look at the Owners Manual in the Download section, and it states it can be mounted either upright or upside down. Another plus is it shows on the Spec sheet, the PFA730 Base is included with the camera. This would be a reasonable choice for a camera that doubles for use as a sky cam or weather cam as it virtually has no limitation with how high it can be pointed so long as nothing is in the way, like an eave. Specs are almost identical to the SD49225, with added intelligence like autotracking. I sent Andy a PM, but haven't heard back yet, on price.

gemgem

n3wb
Reaction score
Took a look at the Owners Manual in the Download section, and it states it can be mounted either upright or upside down. Another plus is it shows on the Spec sheet, the PFA730 Base is included with the camera. This would be a reasonable choice for a camera that doubles for use as a sky cam or weather cam as it virtually has no limitation with how high it can be pointed so long as nothing is in the way, like an eave. Specs are almost identical to the SD49225, with added intelligence like autotracking. I sent Andy a PM, but haven't heard back yet, on price.
Thank you Sir

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm interested, but it has almost the same specs as a SD49225 (especially the optics). It adds Inteligent capabilities like Autotracking. It's about the same price as an SD59225, but it's not widely available at all right now.
I thought this was going to be less than the SD59225. I also wonder how the weatherproofing is in those joints. I like this design though.

matt22

n3wb
Reaction score
When I talked to Andy last week he said it's probably going to be March before he can get them.

Reaction score
Another plus to this camera, is PFA. Seems only the higher end PTZ's have this right now. PFA is a Predictive Focus Algorithm that keeps the image in focus when zooming in or out. And helps to remove shakiness in the image. When this becomes available (March?) I will definitely order one.

@EMPIRETECANDY - You think March for availability?

Note: I have 2 spec sheets for this cam, and the newer one states PFA. The older one (20171102) does not. Maybe that's why there is a small delay in getting these out?

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Another plus to this camera, is PFA. Seems only the higher end PTZ's have this right now. PFA is a Predictive Focus Algorithm that keeps the image in focus when zooming in or out. And helps to remove shakiness in the image. When this becomes available (March?) I will definitely order one.

@EMPIRETECANDY - You think March for availability?

Note: I have 2 spec sheets for this cam, and the newer one states PFA. The older one (20171102) does not. Maybe that's why there is a small delay in getting these out?
You can send me some deposit, i can book for you, then can be ready then, or else have to wait 1 month, haha.

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
andy do you know the price of this camera?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have decided to order one of these myself and have contacted Andy. I have the perfect spot for it to be mounted "upside down" as shown in the above YouTube video. It will replace one of my Huisun V10 PTZ cameras. The Huisun has been a good camera but the night time video is not keeping up with the times.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
This is the camera that it will replace. I will mount it on the same beam so that the lens is peaking over the roof. I will also make up a custom bracket painted white of course and I will move the location higher up the beam somewhat. Husuin PTZ.JPG

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I will also make up a custom bracket painted white of course and I will move the location higher up the beam somewhat.
You might not need to make a custom mount. It barely exists on Dahua's newly broken website, but they make a mount the PFB730W that does just what you need.

Might not be the easiest to acquire as it isn't very common. Hopefully @EMPIRETECANDY can get it.

Reaction score
This is the camera that it will replace. I will mount it on the same beam so that the lens is peaking over the roof. I will also make up a custom bracket painted white of course and I will move the location higher up the beam somewhat. View attachment 26153
Just wondering. Why not mount it at the peak of the roof in an upright position on the PFB730W wall mount. That way, you could see everything you see now, plus more as it's now clearing the peak.

I have this cam on order too, from Andy, along with the PFB730W wall mount. It is possible it will arrive before Chinese New Year, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Just wondering. Why not mount it at the peak of the roof in an upright position on the PFB730W wall mount. That way, you could see everything you see now, plus more as it's now clearing the peak.

I have this cam on order too, from Andy, along with the PFB730W wall mount. It is possible it will arrive before Chinese New Year, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that.
Good question. The main purpose of this camera is to watch the street on the side of my house where the camera is pointed. I live on a 4 corner intersection and have a total of 15 cameras around the house and have things pretty well covered. I will move it a little higher and closer to the peak. I am seriously thinking of mounting one of these in the front of house to replace another camera. I was just scoping that out this afternoon. I like how this camera is designed and it gives me more options.

Edit: I may just go ahead and order the bracket and see how it works out.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy just confirmed that the bracket is on order along with the camera. That gives me another mounting option.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am also interested to replace my weather cam with this model. Hopefully to read more about it here :)