PTZ1A225U-IRA-N 2MP 25x Starlight

pnybug

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using the factory settings except for the frames per second. I also have the IR shut off as I do not need it.
Oh cr@p , looks like I'm screwed lol. Thanks for replying. Anyone else want to share their settings ? I'll try to share my videos and photos in factory settings.

tundradude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have to use the junction box to mount it? I want to mount it camera side up. Thanks i have one on order.

Reaction score
Do you have to use the junction box to mount it? I want to mount it camera side up. Thanks i have one on order.
It does come with the junction box, but not the wall mount arm. I would recommend mounting it with the junction box, as it gives you a way to hide all the cables from the weather. It sound like yours will be completely exposed to the elements.

Reaction score
It will be mounted on top of an outdoor junction box already. It’s like 8x8. I have 3 cams mounted on the side of it alreadY

tundradude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't understand when it goes into wild mode, i call it, when tracking, it goes 180 Degrees. then the presets are off , but if i do a 360 they work again in the same location. this thing is frustrating.

Reaction score
I can't understand when it goes into wild mode, i call it, when tracking, it goes 180 Degrees. then the presets are off , but if i do a 360 they work again in the same location. this thing is frustrating.
Forget about using Auto Tracking on this cam, it is very unreliable. I have the same issues, along with a problem using TinyCam Pro via my phone it sometimes just starts spinning uncontrollably. The only way to stop it, is exit TinyCam Pro. The only thing I have found reliable (somewhat) is preset triggering from another camera. Even then the return to home preset only works on one trigger from the first camera set up to do this. Any other camera will trigger positioning to a preset, but then not return home. As you can see, I am quickly losing faith in Dahua's firmware. It gets more unreliable as time goes on.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So my neighbor just got this auto track PTZ.

It is silky smooth pan and tilting and the picture is unbelievable.

Auto track on it doesn't appear ready for prime time. I spent 6 hours messing with it. Almost ideal situation with no obstructions and we didn't get one truly successful attempt. Had a shot straight down the driveway and not a single leaf or blade of grass or or tree or shadow was in the image and walk into the area and most of the time nothing. Sometimes it would start to track and then give up or look up at the sky or start spinning.

I tried the auto track enable feature that should track a leaf because is should be the most sensitive. Tried every IVS function - multiple times and multiple ways. Made every combination of min and max size to no avail. Even when it would kinda track, as soon as we got to the edge of where the image was initially at it would simply quit tracking - so as soon as we got onto the sidewalk or stepped off the driveway into the grass, it simply stopped. This was the case both far away from the camera and close.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
So my neighbor just got this auto track PTZ.

It is silky smooth pan and tilting and the picture is unbelievable.

Auto track on it doesn't appear ready for prime time. I spent 6 hours messing with it. Almost ideal situation with no obstructions and we didn't get one truly successful attempt. Had a shot straight down the driveway and not a single leaf or blade of grass or or tree or shadow was in the image and walk into the area and most of the time nothing. Sometimes it would start to track and then give up or look up at the sky or start spinning.

I tried the auto track enable feature that should track a leaf because is should be the most sensitive. Tried every IVS function - multiple times and multiple ways. Made every combination of min and max size to no avail. Even when it would kinda track, as soon as we got to the edge of where the image was initially at it would simply quit tracking - so as soon as we got onto the sidewalk or stepped off the driveway into the grass, it simply stopped. This was the case both far away from the camera and close.

yup, thats auto tracking for ya....

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wish they would add AI, and fix the auto tracking to be the same as the newer models. Really, changing sensor and going to 4MP would be a new camera.
I think they're limited by the older SoC in these in terms of what it can do with autotracking etc.

I might try a temp cable run to a 4Mp cam to see how that compares in the dark, it's been a good week for firebursts during the lyrid showers!

RearPTZ 2020-04-24 22.22.51.407.jpg
RearPTZ 2020-04-23 00.14.37.385.jpg

I'm not sure what this next one was though - it left the contrail behind like a plane but had the rectangular shape all the way through the footage and was that bright even my Nest doorbell picked it up as amotion alert which never usually happens for planes etc.

RearPTZ 2020-04-24 04.45.31.364.jpg

KenZen

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new in the forum and I just got a "PTZ1A225U-IRA-N".
I am satisfied with the purchase even if I paid a lot for it.
After installing the last available fw, I can't understand how "face detection" works.
In the menu I do not have the "face recognition" tab and the database of faces, which are instead present in the user manual. Is there something that needs to be activated to make those menus appear?
I can't even set a time longer than 15 seconds of the "alarm track" in the IVS.
Thank you in advance to those who will answer me.

rotordave

n3wb
Reaction score
It can be installed upside down (inverted) - there is a configuration setting for this and it's how I've installed mine. If you install it sideways the motion controls will be messed up and I don't believe this camera has a rotation setting for this.

Edit: it appears you deleted your posts, KenZen, in which you were asking about installation options.

Last edited:

rotordave

n3wb
Reaction score
Reverend, that last picture is amazing - I see it is from near sunrise so maybe a satellite. Though the tail is difficult to explain - it isn't wide enough to be ghosting on the sensor. It could be burning up in the atmosphere if the orbit was decaying. There are various websites that give satellite predictions as you may know, but I can't find one that gives historical passes,

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
What is your frame rate and exposure shutter rate? I have mine down to 1/3, and airplanes leave tails that look just like that. With a super slow shutter, the long exposure create motion blur in anything that isn't nearly motionless.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new in the forum and I just got a "PTZ1A225U-IRA-N".
I am satisfied with the purchase even if I paid a lot for it.
After installing the last available fw, I can't understand how "face detection" works.
In the menu I do not have the "face recognition" tab and the database of faces, which are instead present in the user manual. Is there something that needs to be activated to make those menus appear?
I can't even set a time longer than 15 seconds of the "alarm track" in the IVS.
Thank you in advance to those who will answer me.
This camera does not have Face Recognition ability, only Face detection which is two different things.
Face detection will only capture a still picture of a face, and A-save it to the SD card you placed in the camera or B- if you have a Dahua NVR it will save it to it when properly configured.
Be sure to set the camera back to factory defaults after any firmware updates, then set it backup from scratch.
Be sure to use IE or Chrome with IE tab extension installed.