Q's Cheap Camera Shootout

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
They all went out of business here. They were always open from 6 til 12 for some reason anyway. Didn't instill a lot of confidence I guess...

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Bollocks! That's only 91.5 degrees fahrenheit bro: are you a complete pussy? What ever happened to the English...the Nelsons! the Churchills! the Cromwells! the Wellingtons! the Ewarts for goodness sakes! My God man...it was Emerson who said "A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer."...so get out there and get us 5 minutes of video.
The Nelsons, Churchills, Cromwells and Wellingtons all died, i think the Ewarts were in a Star Wars film ...which to be fair is about as far back as recognized US history goes :laugh:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Charles Ewart of the Royal North British Dragoons captured the French regimental eagle at the Battle of Waterloo, one of only two such eagles ever captured in battle; He was a great hero of the British empire. He was also Scottish, so he may not legitimately count as an English Hero...but in a pinch we can always substitute detective Jack Frost!

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently page 5 cheap camera testing has given way to polotical trolling and bad jokes.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Apparently page 5 cheap camera testing has given way to polotical trolling and bad jokes.
This is ipcamtalk, the home of taking threads off subject. I was just trying to take the attention off me avoiding going outside and setting up some cameras!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Careful, alastair might be lurking.
Yes indeed.
I did vote for independence and I did vote for remain.
And I can't believe what a huge mess the Brexit situation has created.
@Del Boy is right - it was hot, 28DegC up here in Scotland. We're not used to that.
As it's going to be a more bearable 19DegC tomorrow, and no wind, I'm off on a long coastal bike ride to enjoy the world we live in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I like the heat but going from 15 one day to 33 the next is crazy, we need a gradual increase!

For those who don't know, Scotland is very picturesque and beautiful.

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I like the heat but going from 15 one day to 33 the next is crazy, we need a gradual increase!

For those who don't know, Scotland is very picturesque and beautiful.
...I thought we, in Quebec, were the champions. 35c one day and 15c the next one...or -35c and rain with +4 the next day in winter... :)

But hey, I'm here to check for reviews and advices for my future two IP cameras.
:)

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The Besafe BS-BH24S200-POE looks to be the same size as the Hik 2032 Bullet...with the exception that the barrel if 2/3's as long. Think of it as a snub-nose 2032.
Page 5 is not for camera talk. Save this kind of valuable information for Page 6.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tonight we run the $85.50 Hikvision DS-2CD3345-I (China Region) | 1/3" Sensor | 4MP | 4mm | 2560x1440 | 4mm | 6144 bitrate | 10fps & iFrame @ 10

What can I say. Surely this camera is one of the foot soldiers of the Hikvision line of consumer grade cameras. You may love...you may hate it...but just don't flash it! I don't have a lot to say about this camera other than -- for me -- (1) it is currently 1st place in this shootout and (2) what on Earth did you expect for $85.50, including 18,000 mile shipping?

Hikvision DS-2CD3345-I Turret (China Region) Day

Hikvision DS-2CD3345-I Turret (China Region) Night

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It would be natural to consider the $47.65 BEsafe BS-BH24S200-POE Mini Bullet the equal of the $47.60 Diske 880 Mini-Bullet. After all, they cost within pennies of each other and they both contain the Sony IMX322 sensor. But that would also be a very big mistake. While similar in cost and components, these 2 units produce quite different experiences. The Diske 880 is a junk camera IMO...while BEsafe is more serious hardware (while keeping in mind that it is a $47.65 camera!).

With the Diske 880 you get the camera and the box it's packed in. And that's it. With the BEsafe you also get a box...in addition to a software CD (didn't need it because the browser component provided all the functionality I needed) along with an instruction sheet on how to set the camera up.

Assigning an IP address to the Diske 880 required Wireshark and a little over an hour of time to configure the camera...and I was F U Q I N G P I S S E D by the time I was done. In addition, the Diske880's firmware is bug ridden and frustrating. The images produced by the Diske 880 are inferior IMO.

axe3.jpg
-----(Disk 880)----

Alternatively the BEsafe BS-BH24S200-POE only took about 5 to 10 minutes to get up and running and it's Herospeed firmware appears to be orderly and well-behaved. The BEsafe's attention to detail is evidenced by the inclusion of a plastic cap to cover the power connector (?) potion of the camera pigtail (as shown in the image below). I will be testing the BEsafe very soon to let you guys be the judge of the images this camera turns out, and I do hope the positive experience I've had with the BEsafe unit so far carries over to the images produced by this little camera. I have !

BEsafe-cap.jpg

BEsafe-Instructions-01.jpg

BEsafe-Instructions-02.jpg

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here are some interesting observations regarding the BeSafe BS-BH24S200-POE and my Longse SD500...

DescriptionLongse SD500BeSafe BS-BH24S200-POE
Firmware AuthorHerospeedHerospeed
Firmware Version3516A_IMX178_W_6.1.25.33516CV200_IMX323_W_6.1.25.1
Software Version6.1.23.56.1.23.5
WEB Version6.1.23.1606086.1.23.160608
Shipping Box design & colorIdentical royal blue color with an orange band around the bottomIdentical royal blue color with an orange band around the bottom
Packed inside the boxIdentical quick-start instruction sheetIdentical quick-start instruction sheet
Packed inside the boxIdentical mini software CDIdentical mini software CD
Packed inside the boxIdentical IP66 protective pigtail housingIdentical IP66 protective pigtail housing
Packed inside the boxIdentical screws and plastic molliesIdentical screws and plastic mollies
ID sticker on the boxIdentical sticker & sticker formatIdentical sticker & sticker format
ID sticker on the cameraIdentical sticker & sticker formatIdentical sticker & sticker format
Default camera UID | Pwdadmin | adminadmin | admin
Default camera IP address192.168.1.168192.168.1.168

I believe it is a reasonable deduction that these cameras were manufactured by the same company fellas.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Tonight we run the $85.50 Hikvision DS-2CD3345-I (China Region) | 1/3" Sensor | 4MP | 4mm | 2560x1440 | 4mm | 6144 bitrate | 10fps & iFrame @ 10

What can I say. Surely this camera is one of the foot soldiers of the Hikvision line of consumer grade cameras. You may love...you may hate it...but just don't flash it! I don't have a lot to say about this camera other than -- for me -- (1) it is currently 1st place in this shootout and (2) what on Earth did you expect for $85.50, including 18,000 mile shipping?
Probably 1st one in this shootout, but that night image... ugh...