R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Now more testing to see if the Advanced MTD hack will work on the XXX0 camera's.
It might be interesting to see if the flash layout on that camera model is the same as the R0 series - cat /proc/mtd
If so, you could try the brickfixV2 script and see if it works OK with that camera model.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'll take a deeper look tonight, but I know it differed from the mini PTZ 3Q10

NoWaycs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a PTZ with a Hikvision module ? , its been hacked 2 times and I really want to get off this version, would this fix work on this? I'm not even sure what DAV version I should even use. I have uploaded what ever info I could get out of it on here and any help would be great :) Np for 3 years and I really don't want to get another auto-tracking ptz over firmware if I can help it. Thank You

I used this version from a forum post here and it works to get it going again after trying a US firmware upgrade.

Firmware V5.2.0 build 150106
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3z5jvsb2c6fr2d3/DZ20150105_069_R0_EN_NEU_5.2.0_150106.zip?dl=0

Model CMR-HD130-20-KB
Serial No. CMR-HD130-20-KB20141212CCCH493506264
Firmware Version V5.2.0 build 150106
Encoding Version V5.0 build 140820
Number of Channels 1
Number of HDDs 1
Number of Alarm Input 1
Number of Alarm Output 1

Attachments

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this. Saved a cam which I tried to update last night but was a CN version. This now made it official :)

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Amazing work!

I have a bunch of CN 2132 cameras running 5.2.5 EN still. If these cameras are behind an NVR which is only accessible on my LAN (no port forwarding, I can only access my cameras via my VPN server), is there any motivation to update to 5.4.5? I remember a while ago that some camera functionality was lost upgrading right? Although I'm guessing 5.4.5 supports a replacement for NPAPI plugins Firefox 53 discontinued?

Also, can I use something like this to update our DS-7716NI-E4/16P which is still on v3.3.4 and doesn't support whatever replacement for NPAPI there is?

Also, am I misreading in that 5.5.0 is available for the 2132? It does say "R6" though in the filename so maybe I'm just cross eyed thinking it'd work for the 2132...

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a PTZ with a Hikvision module ? , its been hacked 2 times and I really want to get off this version, would this fix work on this?
Unfortunately, as I haven't had my hands on such a module, I have no idea if this type of fix would work on it.
It's unlikely that the specific fix would work on a PTZ module as the internal architecture will probably be different, so best not to try.
But if the 'hardware signature block' is held in a flash partition, the principle of the fix could probably be applied.

Having said that, though, the firmware at the link you gave does look very much like stock R0 firmware of that version. I don't have an R0 sample of the same build date to make a comparison.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
is there any motivation to update to 5.4.5? I remember a while ago that some camera functionality was lost upgrading right?
Bug fixes, improved user interface. But as you say, 1 line crossing and no longer 4 line crossing can be configured.
Although I'm guessing 5.4.5 supports a replacement for NPAPI plugins Firefox 53 discontinued?
No, that's never happened, despite being promised a couple of years back.
Also, can I use something like this to update our DS-7716NI-E4/16P which is still on v3.3.4 and doesn't support whatever replacement for NPAPI there is?
An -NI NVR should be updateable via the stock firmware. Unless you know it wasn't sold as 'updateable'.
Also, am I misreading in that 5.5.0 is available for the 2132?
Not that we've seen.
It does say "R6" though in the filename
The R6 series is a different range from the R0 series.

NoWaycs

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately, as I haven't had my hands on such a module, I have no idea if this type of fix would work on it.
It's unlikely that the specific fix would work on a PTZ module as the internal architecture will probably be different, so best not to try.
But if the 'hardware signature block' is held in a flash partition, the principle of the fix could probably be applied.

Having said that, though, the firmware at the link you gave does look very much like stock R0 firmware of that version. I don't have an R0 sample of the same build date to make a comparison.
Thank you for the reply's, and I will remove off my network and straight to the NVR. Thanks Again.

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you sir! That's what the new version removed, line crossing... If I upgrade to 5.4.5 with your new tools, would I be able to downgrade back to 5.2.5?

An -NI NVR should be updateable via the stock firmware. Unless you know it wasn't sold as 'updateable'.
Yeah I'm not sure. Unfortunately just like the cams I think newer firmware removed features, like ONVIF to access graymarket Hik cameras.

Sorry, one more question. I was gifted one of these cameras a short while ago:
Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
(a 63C2) - It's a CN camera and got it to talk to my NVR via ONVIF, but I'm guessing because of how uncommon these are, probably a hard chance for me to get the mtd hack working on it eh?

Thanks again for all your guidance over the years!

widj09

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you Alistair, Camera was bricked, your magic did the trick. Thanks again.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately just like the cams I think newer firmware removed features, like ONVIF to access graymarket Hik cameras.
No, support for ONVIF cameras is still available in the 3.4.96 NVR firmware.

*edit* But maybe you meant 'extending the language check' to Hikvision cameras connected as ONVIF.
Last time I checked, that was no longer enforced, so China region cameras worked OK.
but I'm guessing because of how uncommon these are, probably a hard chance for me to get the mtd hack working on it eh?
From my point of view it would certainly be guesswork for that model.
Is the firmware old enough that it supports telnet/SSH access and a regular shell, not 'psh' ?

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, support for ONVIF cameras is still available in the 3.4.96 NVR firmware.

*edit* But maybe you meant 'extending the language check' to Hikvision cameras connected as ONVIF.
Last time I checked, that was no longer enforced, so China region cameras worked OK.

From my point of view it would certainly be guesswork for that model.
Is the firmware old enough that it supports telnet/SSH access and a regular shell, not 'psh' ?
Thanks for the info! Yeah, that's what it was, the language check. Good to know, I might try to update the NVR firmware.

Gotcha, let me fire up that camera to check what FW is on there. The camera is a few years old already...

neilyboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just wanted to say thank you alastairstevenson! You are the man!
I have not been around the forum in quite awhile. I am thinking about upgrading (which is pretty straightforward).
The question I have is what type of 'language mismatch' stuff will I run into with my DS-7108N-SN/P running V3.0.13 build 150503
Firmware on it is 'whoslookings' from this post (Hikvision NVR DS-7104N-SN firmware)

If I upgrade my cameras to 5.4.5 will my NVR no longer be able to add them?

Thanks for all your help you are an amazing resource!
Neil

neilyboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah. I used his fw to get them to where they are now with cn serial but english fw

neilyboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thank you yet again alastairstevenson! I got all 8 of my cameras updated and still working with my 7108. Everything is happy!

Neil

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 2 quick questions,
- how do you reboot into mini system mode for telnet access? Just a power cycle??

- will this work for authorized by Hikvision reseller not Hikvision cameras like LTS or GNS?? They are Hikvision but they’re not lol