Raspbery Pi2 Camera Monitor w/Rpisurv

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
omxplayer (ffmpeg) defaults to UDP and falls back to TCP, and RPI's default UDP configuration is not able to handle RSTP throughput without dropping packets.. dropped iframes result in tearing.

to fix tearing, either lay down the omxplayer I built and attached here.. setup iptables rules to block port RSTP via UDP, tweak linux's network settings to get it to handle the UDP data (suspect it needs bigger buffers) or disable UDP RSTP on your camera if its an option.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought I used the modded omxplayer from @nayr but will have to revisit when the final project comes out with RasPipC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@sven, here is the info from... That is very strange, what is the output of cat /usr/local/bin/rpisurv/conf/logging.yml ; python --version; ps -ef |grep omxplayer

out.JPG

SvenVD

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@sven, here is the info from... That is very strange, what is the output of cat /usr/local/bin/rpisurv/conf/logging.yml ; python --version; ps -ef |grep omxplayer

View attachment 9559
Ok so we got 2 problems
1) you do not have any logging: From the output you gave me everything seems to be configured fine. Can you run find / -iname "*main.log*" and give the output?
2) Unused portion of screen. What is your native resolution of the screen? From the output you gave me it seems the coordinates that were calculated for omxplayer seem to be unusual. What does fbset -s outputs?

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@SvenVD,
OK, where I thought the main.log only had information from 3/28 I was mistaken. That was just the beginning of the log. I will try to attach it here. The other part about the output, native resolution is 1920x1080 and the command you gave me outputs:
mode "1824x984"
geometry 1824 984 1824 984 16
timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/16
endmode

View attachment Mainlog.pdf

SvenVD

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@SvenVD,
OK, where I thought the main.log only had information from 3/28 I was mistaken. That was just the beginning of the log. I will try to attach it here. The other part about the output, native resolution is 1920x1080 and the command you gave me outputs:
mode "1824x984"
geometry 1824 984 1824 984 16
timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/16
endmode

View attachment 9578
Thanks Bob.

I see the issue
- autodetected resolution of['1824', '984']

This is because the fbset command outputs the wrong resolution. The cause for this is unclear to me, but it seems to be the case on the raspberry pi 3 for more users. If we can fix this, rpisurv will autodetect to correct resolution. I don't own a raspberry pi 3 so I can't troubleshoot further.

Is it possible to show the of "cat /boot/config.txt"

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks Bob.

I see the issue
- autodetected resolution of['1824', '984']

This is because the fbset command outputs the wrong resolution. The cause for this is unclear to me, but it seems to be the case on the raspberry pi 3 for more users. If we can fix this, rpisurv will autodetect to correct resolution. I don't own a raspberry pi 3 so I can't troubleshoot further.

Is it possible to show the of "cat /boot/config.txt"
configsnip.JPG

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@SvenVD, also If I run omxplayer in a command line I can stop it with a "q" but the "q" does not stop it other times. ??

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Bob - please treat this as a helpful hint - it will save you some time, and make reading the contents easier.
Assuming you are using PuTTY, you (and we) might find it easier to capture the screen rollback using the PuTTY menu (click the top left corner of the window) 'Copy all to Clipboard'.
Prior to that you could also 'Clear the scrollback'. And you can also select/copy/paste the screen.
Then you can use the 'code' tags to paste the result, using the 'Go Advanced' response to posts on this forum.

SvenVD

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What happens if you edit the framebuffer_width and height and set it fixed to 1920x1080 (you need to reboot). Note: make sure you can connect with a ssh connection. So you can revert your changes when the screen goes crazy for some reason.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Bob - please treat this as a helpful hint - it will save you some time, and make reading the contents easier.
Assuming you are using PuTTY, you (and we) might find it easier to capture the screen rollback using the PuTTY menu (click the top left corner of the window) 'Copy all to Clipboard'.
Prior to that you could also 'Clear the scrollback'. And you can also select/copy/paste the screen.
Then you can use the 'code' tags to paste the result, using the 'Go Advanced' response to posts on this forum.
Thanks for the hint, did not know that menu was there.

Bob

rafsch

n3wb
Reaction score
is there any video how to install this programma for a newbie on raspberry pi 2 model B ( my first raspberry pi)
i have installed raspberry-jessie
i use 2 foscam FI9831W buth i dont know how to install
sorry for my bad englisch

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any other help I'd be glad to hear it also. Just got a raspberry pi 3 and have no idea where to start with this program. Time to read up on Linux /pi

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

cball

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried typinggit clone git@github.com:SvenVD/rpisurv.git
Into the terminal and it said I didn't have the privilege and then said it couldnt be found

Don't have exact wording since. I'm out of the house on my phone
Try

Code:
sudo git clone https://github.com:SvenVD/rpisurv.git
then
Code:
sudo run install.sh
and then add your cams and the number of columns here - make shure to have checked the rtsp streams in VLC player before you insert them here:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/rpisurv/surveillance.yml

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@cball, any idea what would cause the error that @ruppmeister, got in post #32?? I have it partially working on one SD card and when I used another SD card to start over that is the error I get. It plays great off the command line with Omxplayer.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try

Code:
sudo git clone https://github.com:SvenVD/rpisurv.git
then
Code:
sudo run install.sh
and then add your cams and the number of columns here - make shure to have checked the rtsp streams in VLC player before you insert them here:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/rpisurv/surveillance.yml
the sudo nano /etc/rpisurv/surveillance.yml is the command that opens up the text editor in the terminal correct? It has commands at the bottom for help, exit and etc. How do you save and exit? I try typing in the ^x and it does not do anything.