Recommendations for outdoor IP camera with good AI

Reaction score
So step back for me, what camera model is the one in B&W currently?

What are you trying to accomplish? If more light at the Mailbox, I would first try a $45 external illiminator leaving cameras as you have them. This one does a good job to about 120-150ft
The mailbox camera is an EmpireTech IPC-B52IR-Z12E-S2 1/2.8" CMOS 2MP 5mm–60mm Ultra Low Light Starlight WDR IR AI Network Bullet Camera.

More light is what I am looking for, yes.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok so without stepping up to a $800-$1500 PTZ, you're not going to get any more zoom or IR, so unless you can mount something closer, I think the image isnt bad with more light and Id try that $44 solution first. More light is always good.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've adjusted the night settings for both cameras, but for whatever reason, they are not sticking. The settings are there, and when I make the settings or go to the settings, it shows the brighter image. However, after a period of time, the image reverts back to the darker brightness, and I can't see anything.

It's as if the day settings are taking over at night instead of using the night settings.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are a couple of different places this can be fixed. Go into the schedule and put in the day and night by month (below).

Depending on the camera, it may have a day/night switch option that you select to have it change profile based on light.

1720104165517.png

Reaction score
One of them has the day/night switch, which I will try. The other only has the time settings. Not easy to do with daylight savings time, but I suppose it is what it is.

1720112677274.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, with the old GUI we had the ability to send APIs for day and night profile based on actual sunrise and sunset times. Some of the newer GUIs we have figured out the APIs.

But in my experience, if you only have two profiles, the day/night switch option actually works as we expect now.

Reaction score
Thanks!

I have two more issues I am trying to figure out.

1. The time on the cameras is wrong. I keep resetting it and syncing to the computer and it shows correct for a while, but then reverts back to being off an hour.

2. This image here is seen easily when looking at both cameras. However, if I double click the mailbox image on the right so that I can zoom in on it, I can't find this time clip... it skips from 11:30:27 to 11:30:32... 5 seconds of it that I can not locate.

1720115055323.png