Remote Amcrest P2M-844EW Cameras Won't Display Video - No Signal

Reaction score
Temporarily I need to setup four remote Amcrest P2M-844EW cameras to stream into my main BI box. I have everything setup in terms of dynamic dns and ports, are opened through the remote router. I can watch the cameras through the web remotely but for some reason BI will not stream video. I have read a few threads on this forum and elsewhere and have tried using different manufactures (like dahua and amcrest) and have run through the inspect tool, which doesn't come back with any errors.

Can anyone share any advice? Should I disable onvif authentication? Will enabling the IP allow feature help?

Or are there a range of ports that need to be forwarded, but it just isn't well documented.

Attached are two screenshots showing the configuration of one camera and the corresponding settings in BI.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm hoping I've just missed something simple!

And the log from the inspection:

Opening port 80...
HTTP request...
OK
2017-01-08T14:51:17.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer: General
Model: IP2M-844E
FirmwareVersion: 2.420.General 00.0.R, build: 2016-08-15
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/imaging_service
Has media services: /onvif/media_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
first profile is MediaProfile000
first source is 000
requesting URI for profile MediaProfile000
RTSP URI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Has Event services: /onvif/event_service
RelayOutputs: 0
InputConnectors: 0
Has Device IO services: /onvif/deviceIO_service
AudioOutputs: 0
Done

But I get this error in BI:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes 5556 TCP is forwarded to through the remote router to the camera (all four of which have been setup with static reservations and are correct in terms of forwarding). Good thought though!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried using the dahua rtsp profile?

Reaction score
Dahua, Mainstream RTSP gives me no signal. For the onvif port, I should be using 1027 correct? Or is it 80? Regardless having tried both same result, no signal.

But hopefully this is progress?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dahua, Mainstream RTSP gives me no signal. For the onvif port, I should be using 1027 correct? Or is it 80? Regardless having tried both same result, no signal.

But hopefully this is progress?
dont use onvif...enter the rtsp port in the rtsp box and make sure to add the http port after the ipaddress:XXXX
also ensure you enter the correct credentials.

Reaction score
dont use onvif...enter the rtsp port in the rtsp box and make sure to add the http port after the ipaddress:XXXX
also ensure you enter the correct credentials.
I am positive the credentials are correct, verified through the web interface. What should I put in the Discovery/Onvif port field (it can't be empty and asks for an integer)

Thanks for all of your help!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am positive the credentials are correct, verified through the web interface. What should I put in the Discovery/Onvif port field (it can't be empty and asks for an integer)

Thanks for all of your help!
you can put anything you want...
I would start over...delete the camera in blue iris ...setup as dahua rtsp...confirm ports are open...

Reaction score
I've gone through and done just that for one of the cameras, am still getting no signal.

Here is a screenshot of my BI settings, I've tried both with and without setting the RTSP UDP port.

I've also tried using the discovered settings, same result and the Amcrest pro settings, again no signal.

Putting this camera into the DMZ on the router as a test also returns no signal.

Thanks everyone for their help, I'm hoping we can get this one figured out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
first, your http address in blue iris is not the same as in the camera.
Second, UNcheck use rtp/udp
The rtp/udp issue is likely your problem.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Invalidmemory, I view an Amcrest IP2M-842W very well with BI, it may close enough or identical to your "P2M-844EW" (which I believe is supposed to read "IP2M-844EW" with an 'I' at the beginning). I use all default ports of the cam, I only gave it a static IP that works with my LAN (192.168.1.201) and the only port forwarded in my router is 81 and that is forwarded to my BI server, which is static at 192.168.1.239. Like you, I have a DDNS service that is refreshed by my BI server so the WAN address is similar to yours except for the port. Access via remote (WAN) is like "someweirdthing.ddns.org:81" and via local (LAN) is like '192.168.1.239:81". Below are some screenshots of what works with this IP2M-842W.

As fenderman suggested, I'd start over with a new cam, try my config that works on my IP2M-842 and go from there. I suggest you also reset the ports in your cam back to defaults (this IP2M-842 has a 'Reset Defaults' button on the 'Network/Connection' page. I even tried the Dahua config for RTSP that fenderman suggested and it works, too!

amcrest_IPM842_config1.jpg
amcrest_IPM842_config2.jpg
amcrest_IPM842_config3.jpg\
amcrest_IPM842_config4.jpg

Attachments

Reaction score
I'll try that, but how should I handle the other cameras? I have four of them behind the remote router. Would ports would you recommend I use? Just increment by one?

ItechashardasIcanbro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Make sure that you do not have any IP conflicts, or port forwarding conflicts. The port that you use really does not matter, make TCP and UDP the same (if you desire to have UDP setup). For security try to shoot for the higher numbers in ports, make it harder for an attacker to exploit the http:// vulnerabilities.

Think about setting static IP adresses to the cameras as well as DHCP reservation incase a cam or the router fails at any time. I like to tabel that camers in an orderly fashion, for instance making cam1 ...... 192.168.1.101; cam2...... 192.168.1.102... etc.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'll try that, but how should I handle the other cameras? I have four of them behind the remote router. Would ports would you recommend I use? Just increment by one?
In your first post you said the cams were fed into your 'main BI box'. Assuming that's a PC with Blue Iris installed, the only port to be forwarded in your router is to the static IP of your 'BI box'. All the cams have their default ports and NONE of them are forwarded, your BI PC does all the heavy lifting. To restate my Jan. 16 post, ".....I use all default ports of the cam, I only gave it a static IP that works with my LAN (192.168.1.201) and the only port forwarded in my router is 81 and that is forwarded to my BI server, which is static at 192.168.1.239. Like you, I have a DDNS service that is refreshed by my BI server so the WAN address is similar to yours except for the port. Access via remote (WAN) is like "someweirdthing.ddns.org:81" and via local (LAN) is like '192.168.1.239:81". So to clarify, ALL cams have their default ports and NO ports are forwarded on any cam; the only port forwarded in your router is the one chosen (81, 8088, 8888 or ?????...you determine) and it is forwarded to the static IP of the Blue Iris server, your 'BI Box'. Also, 'itechashardasicanbro' gave some valuable info as well (I also give static IP to cam#1 as XXX.YYY.ZZZ.101, cam #2 as XXX.YYY.ZZZ.102 and so on).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion, the four cameras I am having issues with are at a remote site, they are not on the same LAN as the blue iris box.

I am trying to get them connected via the internet to the blue iris server.

I am using a dyn.com hostname as they have a dynamic IP at the remote site, the four cameras all have static IPs and I've tried setting the cameras up via UPNP using the amcrest webui (which says succeeded) and I have manually setup the port forwarding rules. There is a DLink DIR-601 router at the remote site and I have disabled it's firewall and triple checked all of the ports.

I've even used the onvif device manager and tried using the RTSP stream in BI without any luck, though it works locally.

Are there any other special settings for these cameras, it shouldn't be this difficult.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I logged into the first URL this morning into a D-Link router with LOTS of ports forwarded. I had to go out for a few hours, now that URL brings up a router with DD-WRT firmware and no ports forwarded. Can I assume you've got it done and need no more assistance?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help, turns out it was just the DLink router that was causing issues. As soon as I replaced it with a unit flashed with dd-wrt using the same configuration, ip addressing and port forwards it all is working quite well. Incidentally I am using the generic and RTSP h.264 settings along with /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0 as the Video Path and it works very well. I didn't bother switching to Dahua or Amcrest (I actually found the setting I am using in Amcrest documentation for BI).

Hopefully this can save someone else from pulling their hair out!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help, turns out it was just the DLink router that was causing issues. As soon as I replaced it with a unit flashed with dd-wrt using the same configuration, ip addressing and port forwards it all is working quite well. Incidentally I am using the generic and RTSP h.264 settings along with /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0 as the Video Path and it works very well. I didn't bother switching to Dahua or Amcrest (I actually found the setting I am using in Amcrest documentation for BI).

Hopefully this can save someone else from pulling their hair out!
Invalidmemory, you may want to change some router and camera admin passwords ASAP. Four days after your last post (Sunday, 1/29/17 @ 0615 CST) I have looked at the views and embedded GUI of 3 of your cams and also your router which reveals all forwarded ports and cam IP's. Below I momentarily set up a cam in my Blue Iris (image below) to demonstrate. I promptly deleted it, as I have no interest in viewing or hacking your system but someone else may. I mention this as a courtesy to you.

moecamp1.jpg