Reolink E1 Pro PTZ doesn't work on Blue Iris (offical Response)

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
You might want to do a little bit of research before making such claims.
hahaa... you dont understand reolink ! they lie everyday and someone (you) will be the one wasting money on their shitty products and find out that nothing is as claimed before

look here:

presale:
presale.PNG

aftersale:
aftersale.png

tumtumsback

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hahaa... you dont understand reolink ! they lie everyday and someone (you) will be the one wasting money on their shitty products and find out that nothing is as claimed before

look here:

presale:
View attachment 94983

aftersale:
View attachment 94982
Wow -- so now you are faulting me because I trusted what a company said? Hang on I need to go make some popcorn, this is getting good.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well you snipped at @user8963 by saying "You might want to do a little bit of research before making such claims.", and I was pointing out that your statement isn't entirely accurate either...

The fact that the video motion at night sucks, motion will be missed, Reo's after-sale team emailing out that there are issues with reo and BI, and your own admission that you keep getting "No signal" tells us that YOU did not do your research....

Not our fault you wanted to believe the sales pitch of a company LOL.

Enjoy this read that YOU could have found by doing a little research before YOU purchased the POS. Or any of the other countless threads talking about how bad Reo's are....who didn't do their research now...

tumtumsback

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well you snipped at @user8963 by saying "You might want to do a little bit of research before making such claims.", and I was pointing out that your statement isn't entirely accurate either...

The fact that the video motion at night sucks, motion will be missed, Reo's after-sale team emailing out that there are issues with reo and BI, and your own admission that you keep getting "No signal" tells us that YOU did not do your research....

Not our fault you wanted to believe the sales pitch of a company LOL.

Enjoy this read that YOU could have found by doing a little research before YOU purchased the POS. Or any of the other countless threads talking about how bad Reo's are....who didn't do their research now...

For 1, there was no snipping. There was a simple response to a simple assertion. The assertion was:

"...poor reolink.. getting rma from users who want functions which where never supported..."

The fact that they have an article stating how to add the E1 Pro to BI, and that Reolink support's first response to me in my RMA email thread was "E1 pro works with Blue Iris, could you please refer to the below link to add the cameras to Blue Iris for a check: How to Add Reolink Cameras to Blue Iris," I had to dismiss the claim that user8963 made stating "...functions which were never supported..." -- sure sounded like a supported function to me

For 2, I don't know why you're mentioning motion at night. I never mentioned that once, and that has nothing to do with my situation.

I came here looking for assistance with making a camera's video stream work within my BI, a camera whose manufacturer states SHOULD work. Rather than being scolded for ordering a product based on the fact the company said it's supported with BI, it would probably be a better use of time if you could recommend a comparable camera that WILL in fact work, so I can accomplish the goal of trying to surveil the pets within my house when I'm not home :lmao:

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
you have to distinguish between add a reolink camera to bi and have a fully working camera for bi. in the presale article is not a single word about working. its just a generel tutorial.

you can add any reolink camera to bi, you can add even the ones which reolink claims in their pre sale article wont work.. see here:

you do not understand what everyone is saying here. it might work.. you get a picture. but.. it is just useless. wittaj gave you links and explanations which you should read. maybe you will understand why you should not use reolink cameras with bi. everyone here just give you hints and help.

also looney gave you a hint. you choosed a model with wifi. wifi and rtsp live streams isnt even a good starting point. additional its reolink.. oh boy. just send it back or you will have a bad time.

you may consider to ask on reddit for help. there are some reolink fanboys who have trust in the company.

tumtumsback

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you have to distinguish between add a reolink camera to bi and have a fully working camera for bi. in the presale article is not a single word about working. its just a generel tutorial.

you can add any reolink camera to bi, you can add even the ones which reolink claims in their pre sale article wont work.. see here:

you do not understand what everyone is saying here. it might work.. you get a picture. but.. it is just useless. wittaj gave you links and explanations which you should read. maybe you will understand why you should not use reolink cameras with bi. everyone here just give you hints and help.

also looney gave you a hint. you choosed a model with wifi. wifi and rtsp live streams isnt even a good starting point. additional its reolink.. oh boy. just send it back or you will have a bad time.

you may consider to ask on reddit for help. there are some reolink fanboys who have trust in the company.
RMA is already underway my dude. Also FWIW, most of my testing was done with the Ethernet cable plugged in.

I am cool with avoiding Reolink at all costs, I just think your wording/delivery was poor; you basically stated that I purchased an unsupported device and then wanted a refund, defending "...poor Reolink..." and then switching your stance. Confusing much :)

tumtumsback

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That would be the one! I do not have one so I cannot confirm its capabilities, but Amcrest is a Dahua OEM model and many have said that camera is adequate for pet and baby monitor type activities!

tumtumsback

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That would be the one! I do not have one so I cannot confirm its capabilities, but Amcrest is a Dahua OEM model and many have said that camera is adequate for pet and baby monitor type activities!
Beautiful --much appreciated

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Again, be cautious with expectations for WIFi surveillance cameras. Yes, you can watch movies with WiFi but that is because of a tick called buffering. With buffering the data stream gets ahead of the video stream to a specified point, then stops for a a tie. With surveillance cameras the data never, ever stops because it is a live stream. That is not what WiFi was designed to support.

tumtumsback

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Again, be cautious with expectations for WIFi surveillance cameras. Yes, you can watch movies with WiFi but that is because of a tick called buffering. With buffering the data stream gets ahead of the video stream to a specified point, then stops for a a tie. With surveillance cameras the data never, ever stops because it is a live stream. That is not what WiFi was designed to support.
I totally get that. I am okay with having some frames dropped here and there, etc. It's just to monitor the cat and dog. The other 6 cameras in my setup are all hardwired and work great. I just feel weird about having cameras hardwired and permanently mounted inside the house at all times. This is supposed to be more of something I'll do when I go away on vacation, etc.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Be aware that it's not only dropped frames. The broadcast storms created by those dropped frames, dropped packets and the retries, can take your WiFi network to its knees for varying time periods. That will effect every WiFi device on your network, the the Mrs tablet while she's watching a movie or in a Zoom call.

tumtumsback

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Be aware that it's not only dropped frames. The broadcast storms created by those dropped frames, dropped packets and the retries, can take your WiFi network to its knees for varying time periods. That will effect every WiFi device on your network, the the Mrs tablet while she's watching a movie or in a Zoom call.
That's great to know! These cameras will be isolated specifically to their own VLAN and SSID, with rules applied specifically to that subnet to stop any devices within that subnet from being able to reach out to the internet, and internally will only be able to talk directly to the BI server. Although I didn't engineer this configuration to prevent broadcast storms from affecting other WiFi devices, it sounds like I'll be good to go on that front indirectly!

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
As suggested already to you ..

try imou ranger (without cloud) if you need indoor ptz with wifi.. here are some topics on the ranger models... but dont expect much. its made by dahua but for end users. so the functions may be limited. there are ezviz (hikvision) models too. you have to be careful and read all specs/or google on model. some of them use own cloud protocol.

edit.. after watching this maybe avoid ezviz

Last edited:

tumtumsback

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Johanpm Please post the BI camera status tab that shows the FPS/key frame. Something like this screen:

1627839896398.png

If the key is anything other than 1.00 then it isn't working properly...