Reolink E1 Pro PTZ doesn't work on Blue Iris (offical Response)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Then it isn't working... The screenshot above that I posted was from reolinks showing it doesn't hold the number.

If you match FPS with iframe so that they are both the same number, then the KEY would be 1.00. A key of 0.5 means the iframe is double the FPS number...

It will be interesting to see if that number fluctuates in the night.

If they hold the number and the FPS and iframe match, then it should look like this (key of 1.00):

1627845042015.png

Johanpm

n3wb
Reaction score
At the moment the E1 pro does not support setting the i-frame interval.
It is stable though.
In 2 weeks I'm setting up some RLC-810A and RLC-510A. I'll post here if they support it.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
@Johanpm

why are you buying these cams ? please read the other 2 threads here... the 8xx series has MANY problems with nightview even when using their own nvr or sdcard

why do you want to reinvent the wheel?

it is not working... but you dont watch the stream 24/7 so you dont see what happens ..

Last edited:

BobRPC

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @ABnSultan,
Can you share a screenshot of the 'video' tab for your E1 Pro camera.
Below is how my reolink E1 Pro is configured & it works great, PTZ control too. I think there is a bit of a trick to getting the PTZ work though. In my case i followed these basic steps & it worked fine.
1. Setup some PTZ 'presets' in the reolink phone app or the reolink windows app. So you can send 1 command to the camera to move to a preset position.
2. Once the camera is ready then setup in BI. To start in BI enter the camera IP address & click the 'find/inspect' button. If the connection is made to the camera then BI will 'learn' what PTZ settings are stored on the camera.
3. After that change the Make/Model details to what i have in the image.
4. Make sure you also manually add the Main & Sub stream profiles. They are: main profile = /bcs/channel0_main.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user={id}&password={pw} and sub profile = /bcs/channel0_sub.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user={id}&password={pw}
View attachment 94731

5. Finally, on the 'ptz/control' tab for the camera make sure it's enabled

View attachment 94732

Maybe that will help.

Also, i have 7 reolink cameras & they all work great in BI from my experience. I also have one of the RLC-423-5MP cameras & it's great too but does cost 3 x more in Australia.

Cheers
Nick
Thank you, this worked for the Reolink "E1 Outdoor" Hardware No.IPC_523SD8 in BlueIris 4 as well, have PTZ control now but presets not working

Krosenqu

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, this worked for the Reolink "E1 Outdoor" Hardware No.IPC_523SD8 in BlueIris 4 as well, have PTZ control now but presets not working
Hey BobRPC,
I was having the same issue with the E1 Pro.
Once the camera is setup, follow this procedure (last updated by Reolink 9 days ago). It worked for me today. You have to set the presets in the ReoLink app, then go to Blue Iris and have it find the preset numbers.
Why it doesn't just work like every other PTZ camera without this extra step is a mystery. Add it to the list of reasons why this forum dislikes Reolink.

How to Call Preset in Blue Iris – Reolink Support

cmzs

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you share the settings?
I also have 2 Reolink E1 Pro cameras which I bought refurbished from Reolink 6 weeks ago to use for limited purposes like watching them tear down the house across the road. They are both working fine. Here are the settings.

Attachments

Krosenqu

n3wb
Reaction score
I also have 2 Reolink E1 Pro cameras which I bought refurbished from Reolink 6 weeks ago to use for limited purposes like watching them tear down the house across the road. They are both working fine. Here are the settings.
I have now lost PTZ control AND preset ability within Blue Iris.
Is yours still working? Could you share your PTZ settings if it is?

Figured it out.
Procedure: Change "Make" to Reolink. Close / save. Re-open Network IP config, click "Find/Inspect". NOW it was able to find the cams and their presets.

Last edited: