Reolink - good & bad

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The issues were never fixed..if you are not using direct to disk you will not see it..eventually you will have to use direct to disk..there are MUCH MUCH better dahua starlight ptz available for 350..these cameras are a joke. You are new to ip cameras and particularly ptz, these low cost cams die fast and furious.
I am using direct to disk. I have 12 cameras and had to in order to keep the CPU reasonable which is currently hovering around 18%, but I plan to add more high MP cameras.

Care to give me a specific Dahua model that has PTZ, 4x optical, POE? Yes, I know you don't think I need 4MP and I'm willing to consider a 2MP camera but it needs to do the rest of the stuff on that list.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am using direct to disk. I have 12 cameras and had to in order to keep the CPU reasonable which is currently hovering around 18%, but I plan to add more high MP cameras.

Care to give me a specific Dahua model that has PTZ, 4x optical, POE? Yes, I know you don't think I need 4MP and I'm willing to consider a 2MP camera but it needs to do the rest of the stuff on that list.
use the search function

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
use the search function
Yup. Did that. You think there are better options for the price. Do you know that for a fact? If so, what? Why make me search if you already know the answer???? I'm not trying to be difficult but honestly, you're coming along and telling me the RLC-423 sucks and that there are better options but you won't tell me what they are.

Also, you said I'd notice problems if I'm using direct to disk. I am and I don't see any issues yet. What issues should I be seeing that I'm not?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup. Did that. You think there are better options for the price. Do you know that for a fact? If so, what? Why make me search if you already know the answer???? I'm not trying to be difficult but honestly, you're coming along and telling me the RLC-423 sucks and that there are better options but you won't tell me what they are.

Also, you said I'd notice problems if I'm using direct to disk. I am and I don't see any issues yet. What issues should I be seeing that I'm not?
im not going to do work for you..if you are too lazy to find the thread you deserve reolink. There are many threads describing issues despite claims that they are resolved.
Here is the bottom line, they are shit cameras...you though know better...you will learn the hard way.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
im not going to do work for you..if you are too lazy to find the thread you deserve reolink. There are many threads describing issues despite claims that they are resolved.
Here is the bottom line, they are shit cameras...you though know better...you will learn the hard way.
And I've read through all of them finishing about 5 minutes ago

You said there was something better out there. Sure. For a lot more money there is. But to be honest, you saying "I'm not going to work for you" is your way of saying you don't know and you don't have an answer to back up your claim so I'll leave it at that. If you already had an answer, it would have been a lot less *work* for you to simply tell me what your opinion is on a better choice, but instead you've done a lot more work trying to convince me that you know when you don't. When I come along someone new in a forum that I have thousands of posts in like teslamotorsclub or priuschat, and I see someone ask a question, if I have an answer or opinion and I think I can help them, I'll reply and tell them what my opinion is. My answer to them is not "don't be lazy" or "I don'te work for you".

I'm sure if there's a better price performance choice out there, someone will come along and suggest it. I've done the work to try and find everything that compares not just from specs but from looking at samples on youtube and reading reviews. I did many many hours of research before deciding to evaluate this camera. Does that mean I found all possible candidates in this category? Probably not, but I dd my best to evaluate all options on paper before picking this one to try.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
And I've read through all of them finishing about 5 minutes ago

You said there was something better out there. Sure. For a lot more money there is. But to be honest, you saying "I'm not going to work for you" is your way of saying you don't know and you don't have an answer to back up your claim so I'll leave it at that. If you already had an answer, it would have been a lot less *work* for you to simply tell me what your opinion is on a better choice, but instead you've done a lot more work trying to convince me that you know when you don't. I'm sure if there's a better price performance choice out there, someone will come along and suggest it. I've done the work to try and find everything that compares not just from specs but from looking at samples on youtube and reading reviews. I did many many hours of research before deciding to evaluate this camera. Does that mean I found all possible candidates in this category? Probably not, but I dd my best to evaluate all options on paper before picking this one to try.
Listen, stop acting like an asshole, there are LONG threads on the dahua ptz. You are one lazy fuck. Its 350 like I stated. It is obvious that you want someone else to do the legwork. Then buy reolink and fuck off. You dont deserve our help.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Listen, stop acting like an asshole, there are LONG threads on the dahua ptz. You are one lazy fuck. Its 350 like I stated. It is obvious that you want someone else to do the legwork. Then buy reolink and fuck off. You dont deserve our help.
Classy. I've read through all the threads. I've seen what people have said. I haven't experienced these issues myself. Maybe they're latest firmware addresses them. So far I haven't had any issues. Maybe they suck and it will stop working in six months but that's not what people are reporting. The things people are reporting are problems they have out of the box. Must you really use 4 letter words???

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Classy. I've read through all the threads. I've seen what people have said. I haven't experienced these issues myself. Maybe they're latest firmware addresses them. So far I haven't had any issues. Maybe they suck and it will stop working in six months but that's not what people are reporting. The things people are reporting are problems they have out of the box. Must you really use 4 letter words???
The issues are not resolved... I will use any language I want ..This is not a college campus safe zone..Don't like it? Fuck off!

Last edited:

mpbcam

n3wb
Reaction score
...anyway, you can explain to amazon that reolink refuses to add an iframe interval setting and has known about issues with BI since the beginning yet kept advertising.
FYI, I keep seeing posts on here about Reolink and the lack of iframe settings, but I don't know what the big deal is. I saw one post from early in 2016 about some blurring or "smearing" in Blue Iris, and actually I had the same issue with my Reolink (an RLC-411WS) recently, but it ended up being a combo of a bug in Blue Iris and also something (apparently) strange in the RTSP from the camera. Blue Iris has resolved the issue since you can use RTMP instead, but I was actually able to fix the problem earlier by making sure my H.264 profile was "basic" (I must have set it to something else when I first got the camera and was tinkering with it).

I have 4 Reolinks now... 423, 410WS, 410 and a 411WS. That 410WS was the only one giving me that problem and that one H.264 profile setting was the only difference.

I think I've actually had different issues initially when using the RTMP instead of RTSP, but as of right now I'm using the Reolink RTMP config and everything is solid. Those funky smears that showed up are gone.

It just seems like maybe people aren't giving Reolink a fair shake because of that issue from a year ago that may not have entirely been Reolink's problem.

And before people say "oh, he must be a Reolink shill" I do have other cameras... I'm cursed with some old Foscams that I use in low priority areas, a pair of Dahua IPC-4300S, and my shiny new Dahua SD49225-HN.

I chose the wifi Reolinks specifically for their wifi. There are spots of my property that would be inconvenient to run cat5 and these are about the only decent 802.11ac cameras... the rest are 802.11n if that, and the higher wifi band works better for me (less channel congestion from the neighbors). The RLC-423 was also my first foray into a PTZ and while I do like the higher resolution compared to my new Dahua, the Reolink is just SUPER SLOW to auto-focus and gets it wrong a lot. Same with the 411WS, but I only rarely zoom in/out on that one.

Anyway, I honestly have no idea what the iframe rate is on the Reolink, if it's static or paired to always be some multiple of the overall frame rate, and I don't care... it works fine in Blue Iris and people should be aware of that.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI, I keep seeing posts on here about Reolink and the lack of iframe settings, but I don't know what the big deal is. I saw one post from early in 2016 about some blurring or "smearing" in Blue Iris, and actually I had the same issue with my Reolink (an RLC-411WS) recently, but it ended up being a combo of a bug in Blue Iris and also something (apparently) strange in the RTSP from the camera. Blue Iris has resolved the issue since you can use RTMP instead, but I was actually able to fix the problem earlier by making sure my H.264 profile was "basic" (I must have set it to something else when I first got the camera and was tinkering with it).

I have 4 Reolinks now... 423, 410WS, 410 and a 411WS. That 410WS was the only one giving me that problem and that one H.264 profile setting was the only difference.

I think I've actually had different issues initially when using the RTMP instead of RTSP, but as of right now I'm using the Reolink RTMP config and everything is solid. Those funky smears that showed up are gone.

It just seems like maybe people aren't giving Reolink a fair shake because of that issue from a year ago that may not have entirely been Reolink's problem.

And before people say "oh, he must be a Reolink shill" I do have other cameras... I'm cursed with some old Foscams that I use in low priority areas, a pair of Dahua IPC-4300S, and my shiny new Dahua SD49225-HN.

I chose the wifi Reolinks specifically for their wifi. There are spots of my property that would be inconvenient to run cat5 and these are about the only decent 802.11ac cameras... the rest are 802.11n if that, and the higher wifi band works better for me (less channel congestion from the neighbors). The RLC-423 was also my first foray into a PTZ and while I do like the higher resolution compared to my new Dahua, the Reolink is just SUPER SLOW to auto-focus and gets it wrong a lot. Same with the 411WS, but I only rarely zoom in/out on that one.

Anyway, I honestly have no idea what the iframe rate is on the Reolink, if it's static or paired to always be some multiple of the overall frame rate, and I don't care... it works fine in Blue Iris and people should be aware of that.
Reolink is shit and does not work in blue Iris..By your own admission to get it to work you had to set it to baseline which is lower quality... Furthermore reolink lied on their Twitter feed and on this forum.... Wi-Fi is unacceptable for for surveillance cameras. Furthermore you can turn any camera into a Wi-Fi camera with a $10 Wi-Fi Bridge or use power line if you're too lazy to run cable. You have to be pretty stupid to buy a reolink camera knowing what we know about reolink... It's a garbage camera from a garbage company and should never ever be a consideration.

mpbcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Reolink is shit and does not work in blue Iris..By your own admission to get it to work you had to set it to baseline which is lower quality...
That... that right there is why it's hard to take you seriously. You just contradicted yourself by saying "does not work in Blue Iris" and then admitting that I was in fact able to get it to work. For the record, I'm pretty sure Blue Iris recommends baseline for all H.264, don't they? Regardless of the make/model of camera? Anyway, if you're confused about where the issue lay between Reolink and Blue Iris just read the release notes where it mentions RTMP and some issue with Reolink firmware. I don't know more besides that but I'm happy to assign blame equally between them if that would satisfy you.

Furthermore reolink lied on their Twitter feed and on this forum.... Wi-Fi is unacceptable for for surveillance cameras. Furthermore you can turn any camera into a Wi-Fi camera with a $10 Wi-Fi Bridge or use power line if you're too lazy to run cable. You have to be pretty stupid to buy a reolink camera knowing what we know about reolink... It's a garbage camera from a garbage company and should never ever be a consideration.
I don't use Twitter and I've not read a single post from Reolink on here since I'm new to the forum, and with your warm welcome and calling me "pretty stupid" I'm surprised people are beating a path to come here. Just trust me, I know more about networking than you and it's incredibly condescending for you to assume I haven't considered all the possibilities. I do have powerline networking for another situation, but you shouldn't assume that it would work in every situation. Believe me, if it were a viable option, I'd throw another Powerline brick where the camera is, but the location is entirely exposed to the elements.

So cool your jets, you're not doing yourself or this forum any favors by behaving like an arrogant child. It's turned me off enough that honestly I don't want to come back here, and I really do enjoy reading reviews and tips from other, more helpful and, frankly, knowledgeable people than yourself. And you're a "staff member"? Ugh. Do you run the board or is there someone above you to lodge complaints about your rudeness? Go ahead, call me a snowflake, but you know that excuse is meaningless given just what an jerk you've been to just about everyone who encounters you that you may have a disagreement with. You don't have to be a precious liberal snowflake to know a jerk when you see one.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
That... that right there is why it's hard to take you seriously. You just contradicted yourself by saying "does not work in Blue Iris" and then admitting that I was in fact able to get it to work. For the record, I'm pretty sure Blue Iris recommends baseline for all H.264, don't they? Regardless of the make/model of camera? Anyway, if you're confused about where the issue lay between Reolink and Blue Iris just read the release notes where it mentions RTMP and some issue with Reolink firmware. I don't know more besides that but I'm happy to assign blame equally between them if that would satisfy you.

I don't use Twitter and I've not read a single post from Reolink on here since I'm new to the forum, and with your warm welcome and calling me "pretty stupid" I'm surprised people are beating a path to come here. Just trust me, I know more about networking than you and it's incredibly condescending for you to assume I haven't considered all the possibilities. I do have powerline networking for another situation, but you shouldn't assume that it would work in every situation. Believe me, if it were a viable option, I'd throw another Powerline brick where the camera is, but the location is entirely exposed to the elements.

So cool your jets, you're not doing yourself or this forum any favors by behaving like an arrogant child. It's turned me off enough that honestly I don't want to come back here, and I really do enjoy reading reviews and tips from other, more helpful and, frankly, knowledgeable people than yourself. And you're a "staff member"? Ugh. Do you run the board or is there someone above you to lodge complaints about your rudeness? Go ahead, call me a snowflake, but you know that excuse is meaningless given just what an jerk you've been to just about everyone who encounters you that you may have a disagreement with. You don't have to be a precious liberal snowflake to know a jerk when you see one.

actually it's his board, and there really isn't another camera forum out there, so good luck LOL. we don't mince words here, you have to have a thick skin.

mpbcam

n3wb
Reaction score
actually it's his board, and there really isn't another camera forum out there, so good luck LOL. we don't mince words here, you have to have a thick skin.
Ain't that the truth. I appreciate a good discussion about the pros and cons, but the personal invective from the top-dude doesn't bode well for the notion that ideas can be freely expressed. All I'm certain of is that he must have a keyword search or an alert for "I have a Reolink" and then an autoreply that says "they're crap, you're stupid for buying one, and by the way, I hate you." :smash:

Whatever... my only point was that I have 4 Reolinks (4 different models) as well as Dahua, Foscam (some pretty old, some newer) so my experience with Reolink should hopefully be viewed as coming from an informed and intelligent user. They work fine with Blue Iris, no matter how much Fenderman may rant and rave and call me a moron who should have bought XYZ instead.

I don't know if there's any real point to this forum or this particular thread but if it means Fenderman insulting anyone who dares disagree with his orthodoxy, then I'm out. If it's about people talking about cameras in a civilzed way, then I'll stick around because it's a fun little hobby/pastime/whatever that I've been doing for 5 years now (I've lurked here for years, but only joined recently) and I like seeing what new things are out there or if there are issues, ilke getting Reolink working well with Blue Iris, then that's helpful too.

I've seen you and other regulars like nayr (who can also be salty at times but I enjoy his posts and he's super knowledgeable) and if I stick around it's because of users like yourself who have useful things to say.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Are you dumb or pretending to be. You got it to "work" by neutering your camera. That is not working. BI recommended baseline with reolink ONLY because reolink refused to implement iframe interval settings and that was the only way to get a usable stream albeit with inferior image quality.
There is no blame to assign to BI, reolink KNEW the issue was iframe intervals and REFUSED to fix it then LIED ABOUT IT HERE and on their twitter feed.
We have 30k+ members and counting. They come here because they get good advice. Particularly the like the fact when an inept amateur like yourself comes here peddling shit like reolink we set them straight.
You know nothing about networking...otherwise you would run cable. It is ALWAYS feasible. You would also know that you can make any camera wifi with a bridge...why then would you say that you went with reolink because of the wifi..makes no sense.
Dont tell me how to run this forum. It has been run this way since day one. NO BULLSHIT. You cannot complaint to anyone. This is NOT a college campus or an internet safe space. Dont like it? fuck off.
Inept fools such as yourself are a danger to the user base here. You will cause them to part with their hard earned money. That is why I do my best to inform them..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth. I appreciate a good discussion about the pros and cons, but the personal invective from the top-dude doesn't bode well for the notion that ideas can be freely expressed. All I'm certain of is that he must have a keyword search or an alert for "I have a Reolink" and then an autoreply that says "they're crap, you're stupid for buying one, and by the way, I hate you." :smash:

Whatever... my only point was that I have 4 Reolinks (4 different models) as well as Dahua, Foscam (some pretty old, some newer) so my experience with Reolink should hopefully be viewed as coming from an informed and intelligent user. They work fine with Blue Iris, no matter how much Fenderman may rant and rave and call me a moron who should have bought XYZ instead.

I don't know if there's any real point to this forum or this particular thread but if it means Fenderman insulting anyone who dares disagree with his orthodoxy, then I'm out. If it's about people talking about cameras in a civilzed way, then I'll stick around because it's a fun little hobby/pastime/whatever that I've been doing for 5 years now (I've lurked here for years, but only joined recently) and I like seeing what new things are out there or if there are issues, ilke getting Reolink working well with Blue Iris, then that's helpful too.

I've seen you and other regulars like nayr (who can also be salty at times but I enjoy his posts and he's super knowledgeable) and if I stick around it's because of users like yourself who have useful things to say.
REOLINKS DO NOT WORK FINE WITH BLUE IRIS AND SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS. You have proven yourself to be a technically inept user. Sad but true... I dont need to stick around. You can leave.
A company like reolink that has the BALLS to come to this forum and LIE to the user base as well as LIE on their twitter feed will NOT BE TOLERATED.

mpbcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you dumb or pretending to be. You got it to "work" by neutering your camera. That is not working. BI recommended baseline with reolink ONLY because reolink refused to implement iframe interval settings and that was the only way to get a usable stream albeit with inferior image quality.
Well, there you go again. Blue Iris works with Reolink, what part don't you understand? Or do you call everyone else an idiot in some warped sense of covering for your own inadequacies? Setting the H.264 profile to baseline isn't neutering anything... I don't think that word means what you think it means.

There is no blame to assign to BI, reolink KNEW the issue was iframe intervals and REFUSED to fix it then LIED ABOUT IT HERE and on their twitter feed.
Like I said, I wouldn't know... I don't use twitter and I haven't seen the posts you're referring to on here. The fact that Blue Iris can work happily with Reolink apparently means nothing to you and I realize that in your mind, Reolink pissed in your Wheaties but you need to grow a pair, pull your panties out of your crack and move on.

We have 30k+ members and counting. They come here because they get good advice. Particularly the like the fact when an inept amateur like yourself comes here peddling shit like reolink we set them straight.
I'd tell you to count one less but I didn't see a way to remove my account, and conveniently a staff member can't be ignored, so I'd either have to suffer your nonsense or just walk away, and I'm not a glutton for punishment whereas you certainly enjoy dishing it out.

You know nothing about networking...otherwise you would run cable. It is ALWAYS feasible. You would also know that you can make any camera wifi with a bridge...why then would you say that you went with reolink because of the wifi..makes no sense.
Makes total sense. Don't act like you know it all...seriously, after reading some of your other posts, I'm convinced you don't know half as much as you claim.

Dont tell me how to run this forum. It has been run this way since day one. NO BULLSHIT. You cannot complaint to anyone. This is NOT a college campus or an internet safe space. Dont like it? fuck off.
Inept fools such as yourself are a danger to the user base here. You will cause them to part with their hard earned money. That is why I do my best to inform them..
Unfortunately you're "informing them" is just misleading BS. You keep saying over and over that Reolink doesn't work in Blue Iris, and I come along pointing out that, yes, indeed it does, and you get all pissy like the snowflakes you like to call other people. We really could have had a civilized conversation but you went from "hi how are you?" to "f--- off" in like zero seconds flat. I mean, what the heck is wrong with you? Good luck with your little forum, I hope you learn to chill out, you're way too intense about something as minor as whether a camera works fine with baseline or not. Geez... and you call other people snowflakes? Man oh man... kind of ironic.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, there you go again. Blue Iris works with Reolink, what part don't you understand? Or do you call everyone else an idiot in some warped sense of covering for your own inadequacies? Setting the H.264 profile to baseline isn't neutering anything... I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Like I said, I wouldn't know... I don't use twitter and I haven't seen the posts you're referring to on here. The fact that Blue Iris can work happily with Reolink apparently means nothing to you and I realize that in your mind, Reolink pissed in your Wheaties but you need to grow a pair, pull your panties out of your crack and move on.

I'd tell you to count one less but I didn't see a way to remove my account, and conveniently a staff member can't be ignored, so I'd either have to suffer your nonsense or just walk away, and I'm not a glutton for punishment whereas you certainly enjoy dishing it out.

Makes total sense. Don't act like you know it all...seriously, after reading some of your other posts, I'm convinced you don't know half as much as you claim.

Unfortunately you're "informing them" is just misleading BS. You keep saying over and over that Reolink doesn't work in Blue Iris, and I come along pointing out that, yes, indeed it does, and you get all pissy like the snowflakes you like to call other people. We really could have had a civilized conversation but you went from "hi how are you?" to "f--- off" in like zero seconds flat. I mean, what the heck is wrong with you? Good luck with your little forum, I hope you learn to chill out, you're way too intense about something as minor as whether a camera works fine with baseline or not. Geez... and you call other people snowflakes? Man oh man... kind of ironic.
IT does not work with blue iris..even with RTMP you still need to set h.264 to baseline (you dont understand what baseline means) go ask reolink...furthermore your tiny brain cannot comprehend that some folks are running BI3 and others older versions that they dont want to update just yet..
Are you too inept to know that you can view the twitter feed without actually having a twitter account?
This forum is the most active forum on the internet for IP cameras...it will soon surpass forums that have been around for 20+ years, with respect to membership count, all in a 3 year span..You know why? because we call out bullshitters like you and reolink...
I dont like liars and folks that misinform my users....you idiots come along every once in a while..go lie on amazon reviews and other forums.

mpbcam

n3wb
Reaction score
IT does not work with blue iris..even with RTMP you still need to set h.264 to baseline (you dont understand what baseline means) go ask reolink...furthermore your tiny brain cannot comprehend that some folks are running BI3 and others older versions that they dont want to update just yet..
Are you too inept to know that you can view the twitter feed without actually having a twitter account?
This forum is the most active forum on the internet for IP cameras...it will soon surpass forums that have been around for 20+ years, with respect to membership count, all in a 3 year span..You know why? because we call out bullshitters like you and reolink...
I dont like liars and folks that misinform my users....you idiots come along every once in a while..go lie on amazon reviews and other forums.
Not sure what you think I lied about... quite simply, Blue Iris works fine with Reolink cameras. That's not a lie, it's demonstrably true... I really don't understand how you can't comprehend that. Just like when I say "I don't use twitter" I'm not sure how much more clear I could be. That means I don't use Twitter, not that I merely don't have an account. So if Reolink tweeted whatever, then I simply will not see it. It seems to me you're having an argument with the English language in general... you have your own unique way of interpreting things and I hope your ESL skills improve.

For the record, my latest install where I said I wanted a wifi camera involves an existing power pedestal poking out of the ground at the edge of my property adjoining the street... just a rain proof lid over some outlets. Sure, I could put a TP Link powerline device there and construct some kind of enclosure to close it to the weather, but considering I spent all of $80 or whatever on the camera and then it was plug and play, and I get a good 3MP image of my street (and no, I don't see a bit of difference with using H.264 baseline) then I can honestly say I'm happy with my Reolink purchase. But then you'll just say I'm lying and I can't possibly be happy with my affordable and working setup to which I'll only wonder why you didn't spend more on the good drugs instead of the bad crack you smoke, and we'll both wind up in a worse mood.

Look, I'm not saying Reolink makes perfect cameras. I've been quite straightforward about my unhappiness with their ability (or lack thereof) to autofocus worth a darn. But for what you pay for them it's a good bargain and a good entry level camera, sorry you disagree. I guess if you like IP camera forums where everyone has to agree with each other or be called a moron, this is the place for you.

It's really too bad that the guy running this place is an belligerent and abusive individual with what I can only surmise is a low level grasp of English, because the users here are much better than that and you really poisoned that with your attitude. I tried being nice, explaining where I'm coming from and instead of agreeing to disagree you demonstrated that you're really nothing more than a bully who likes to yell at people which says more about your insecurity than anything else.

Keep it up, I guess... apparently you credit the growing # of users to your ability to be a jerk although I'm not sure that's the correlation I'd make. I'm sure there's an admin way to remove my account so by all means feel free since users can't delete themselves (which conveniently helps you inflate the # of users since it plays by Venus Flytrap rules).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure what you think I lied about... quite simply, Blue Iris works fine with Reolink cameras. That's not a lie, it's demonstrably true... I really don't understand how you can't comprehend that. Just like when I say "I don't use twitter" I'm not sure how much more clear I could be. That means I don't use Twitter, not that I merely don't have an account. So if Reolink tweeted whatever, then I simply will not see it. It seems to me you're having an argument with the English language in general... you have your own unique way of interpreting things and I hope your ESL skills improve.

For the record, my latest install where I said I wanted a wifi camera involves an existing power pedestal poking out of the ground at the edge of my property adjoining the street... just a rain proof lid over some outlets. Sure, I could put a TP Link powerline device there and construct some kind of enclosure to close it to the weather, but considering I spent all of $80 or whatever on the camera and then it was plug and play, and I get a good 3MP image of my street (and no, I don't see a bit of difference with using H.264 baseline) then I can honestly say I'm happy with my Reolink purchase. But then you'll just say I'm lying and I can't possibly be happy with my affordable and working setup to which I'll only wonder why you didn't spend more on the good drugs instead of the bad crack you smoke, and we'll both wind up in a worse mood.

Look, I'm not saying Reolink makes perfect cameras. I've been quite straightforward about my unhappiness with their ability (or lack thereof) to autofocus worth a darn. But for what you pay for them it's a good bargain and a good entry level camera, sorry you disagree. I guess if you like IP camera forums where everyone has to agree with each other or be called a moron, this is the place for you.

It's really too bad that the guy running this place is an belligerent and abusive individual with what I can only surmise is a low level grasp of English, because the users here are much better than that and you really poisoned that with your attitude. I tried being nice, explaining where I'm coming from and instead of agreeing to disagree you demonstrated that you're really nothing more than a bully who likes to yell at people which says more about your insecurity than anything else.

Keep it up, I guess... apparently you credit the growing # of users to your ability to be a jerk although I'm not sure that's the correlation I'd make. I'm sure there's an admin way to remove my account so by all means feel free since users can't delete themselves (which conveniently helps you inflate the # of users since it plays by Venus Flytrap rules).
It does not work STOP LYING. Setting h.264 to baseline which REDUCES QUALITY is NOT a solution.
As far as twitter, all I can say is that you must be fucking dumb. That is like saying i dont use the internet...go to the damn website.
Reolink makes shit cameras and I am happy that you keep bumping this post so users can be informed to stay away.
Again, you dont have to agree, but dont blatantly lie here. That is not acceptable. You are a novice who knows little and you are poisoning others who may not understand that. There have been others like you who have recommended shit cameras that stated dying, Huisun, lognse to name a few. Like I said, you are a danger. Sit back and learn something before spewing misinformation.
I dont need to be nice to you. Dont like it fuck off..
As for your accusation of inflating uses, im sure thousands of the 32k+ users tried to delete themselves. What a moron.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
He may act like it, but it isn't his board.