Reolink - good & bad

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Information being sent is logged by firewall I use:
Firewall Software by GlassWire

It only allows you to block the entire program which is not practical as then we cannot use it, I wish I could just block certain communications.

It doesn't matter NVR or not it is being sent out by the Software installed on my computer. I have a NVR so I cannot connect all cameras to BI.

I connected to BI using the NVR IP and it sets up path automatically and I have no issues with it, but it only shows 1 camera and not the others.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Information being sent is logged by firewall I use:
Firewall Software by GlassWire

It only allows you to block the entire program which is not practical as then we cannot use it, I wish I could just block certain communications.

It doesn't matter NVR or not it is being sent out by the Software installed on my computer. I have a NVR so I cannot connect all cameras to BI.

I connected to BI using the NVR IP and it sets up path automatically and I have no issues with it, but it only shows 1 camera and not the others.
change camera number to add other cams...

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
change camera number to add other cams...
There is no way to add another camera to BI behind the reolink NVR.. It only gives 1 IP and the 1 IP only shows that 1 camera. If we add the same IP and chance camera number it doesn't work, maybe I missed something, do you have a SS?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is no way to add another camera to BI behind the reolink NVR.. It only gives 1 IP and the 1 IP only shows that 1 camera. If we add the same IP and chance camera number it doesn't work, maybe I missed something, do you have a SS?
If you can view one camera you can View all... change camera number to 2 3 4 etc...

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you can view one camera you can View all... change camera number to 2 3 4 etc...
We tried it, it did not switch cameras, always the same one, do you have a screen shot or any information that I might've missed? Reolink support said it was not possible.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
We tried it, it did not switch cameras, always the same one, do you have a screen shot or any information that I might've missed? Reolink support said it was not possible.
Reolink in general is run by inept lying fools...so dont trust a thing they tell you.
you might have to play with the stream url...if the NVR can send a stream from one camera it can send a stream from the others...post an image of your video>configuration tab...
Another alternative is to use a poe switch and send the stream from the camera to both the nvr and blue iris.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reolink in general is run by inept lying fools...so dont trust a thing they tell you.
you might have to play with the stream url...if the NVR can send a stream from one camera it can send a stream from the others...post an image of your video>configuration tab...
Another alternative is to use a poe switch and send the stream from the camera to both the nvr and blue iris.
Yes, I was able to get it to work if I let 1 on NVR and other on a POE switch.. But I want it all behind NVR and view on BI.

I sent you a PM.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I was able to get it to work if I let 1 on NVR and other on a POE switch.. But I want it all behind NVR and view on BI.

I sent you a PM.
change the 01 to 02 etc... rtsp://IP address/h264Preview_01_main to rtsp://IP address/h264Preview_02_main

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
oh, that worked. :) now have to fix the jumping.

Thank you
proof that reolink support has no clue about their own product....send them a link to this thread and ask them to make the check out to fenderman...

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
proof that reolink support has no clue about their own product....send them a link to this thread and ask them to make the check out to fenderman...
BI is much clearer than the reolink software program.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The reolink software is likely pulling the substream for display to reduce cpu...
Not sure what that means but will take your word for it :) I need to figure out how to make the stream smoother, will it take down quality?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure what that means but will take your word for it :) I need to figure out how to make the stream smoother, will it take down quality?
if your stream is choppy, try only sending one camera at a time, it might be a limitation of the nvr...lower the bitrate in the nvr if you can as well

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if your stream is choppy, try only sending one camera at a time, it might be a limitation of the nvr...lower the bitrate in the nvr if you can as well
It is not choppy, it is smooth, but at times it jumps/lags. Something that didn't happen in reolink software.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1 issue I cannot figure out, 1 camera has date/time that is from reolink settings, the other camera has reolink date/time but also has the BI date/time overlapping it, both seem to have the same settings.

And thanks for the help, BI is much nicer and better.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It is not choppy, it is smooth, but at times it jumps/lags. Something that didn't happen in reolink software.
this can be related to reolinks refusal to add iframe interval settings in its firmware...
there are special instructions on how to try to avoid this in the reolink threads and on their website...the reolink software does not use the same protocols as third party vms..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
1 issue I cannot figure out, 1 camera has date/time that is from reolink settings, the other camera has reolink date/time but also has the BI date/time overlapping it, both seem to have the same settings.

And thanks for the help, BI is much nicer and better.
delete the blue iris time...it will not record anyway when using direct to disk, which you should to reduce cpu consumption...

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
this can be related to reolinks refusal to add iframe interval settings in its firmware...
there are special instructions on how to try to avoid this in the reolink threads and on their website...the reolink software does not use the same protocols as third party vms..
Well, I will have to look into this, why would they refuse to add iframe? Would there be any reason?

delete the blue iris time...it will not record anyway when using direct to disk, which you should to reduce cpu consumption...
Yes, perfect. What is the other option instead of direct to disk? Recording onto HD works through BI. And a lot easier to view with motion, very easy.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I will have to look into this, why would they refuse to add iframe? Would there be any reason?

Yes, perfect. What is the other option instead of direct to disk? Recording onto HD works through BI. And a lot easier to view with motion, very easy.
Yes because they are lazy and dont want to spend money...then they lied to their users...
you are not understanding direct to disk, that is why your cpu is high...
go read the forum and help file and learn about it..then go set it up for EACH camera in blue iris...you must set this option as well as hardware acceleration to lower cpu dramatically.