REVIEW: Budget 4MP Turret Comparison - IPC-T2431T-AS vs Chinese HDW4433C-A

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can we have a dark night (no street light) close up of people moving across the field of view video. Can the face be clearly identified.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Can we have a dark night (no street light) close up of people moving across the field of view video. Can the face be clearly identified.

I'll see if I can mount in a different location. Doubtful Duke Energy will turn them off for me ;)

Please note as mentioned in the first post:
This IS NOT a replacement for a 5231/2231 or 5442 series Starlights. Its a 1/3" sensor and a budget camera. It does well for a 1/3" sensor. Andy specifically wanted this tested in an area with some light, and I would recommend same.

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This camera just a lite model for good light in the night , and nearby watching. Not suit for low light place using. Low light place better to use the 2mp or 4mp Pro starlight models.

newcam man

n3wb
Reaction score

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
so the IPC-T5442TM-AS is superior in image quality to the IPC-T2431T-AS ???
Like @bigredfish mentioned, in low light scenes.

The 5442's 1/1.8" image sensor is a good deal bigger than the 2413's 1/3" sensor. The bigger sensor lets it capture more light in every pixel which can help reduce motion blur in low light scenes. The usual difficulty with low light scenes is getting the least blurry image of something that is moving. IMO, in comparison, it's usually pretty easy to get a good image when everything's still.

One way to get a rough idea of how cameras compare in low-light situations is to look at their Minimum Illumination line on the tech specs sheet. The lower the Lux the better the camera usually does in low light. The 5442 is rated at .002 Lux. The 2431 is rated at .008 Lux. As a reference, the super-popular 2MP Starlights are usually rated around .006 Lux.

Last edited: