Review-Dahua DB-11 Video Door Bell

stizzymack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
BlueIris got back to me. To check it out they would need a direct access to the cam (WAN IP with port open for http/rtps) so they can test. With my config it’s too much hassle to set up the port forwarding. Can anyone of you contact them and help them out with access to your DB11?
I can if u/they walk me thru it. Still learning....... Just got mine installed

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can if u/they walk me thru it. Still learning....... Just got mine installed
You would have to setup a port forwarding to your doorbell IP address in your router. And basically forward the HTTP and RTSP port to the doorbell IP. But I'm still trying to find out if the doorbell has a web interface to change the ports on the camera. If you forward the default HTTP port to the camera you might have an issue with your regular web traffic. Andy (the guy who sold the camera) does not reply to my question. So as soon as I know how to modify the ports on the doorbell itself to set them to an unused port I'll let you know.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You would have to setup a port forwarding to your doorbell IP address in your router. And basically forward the HTTP and RTSP port to the doorbell IP. But I'm still trying to find out if the doorbell has a web interface to change the ports on the camera. If you forward the default HTTP port to the camera you might have an issue with your regular web traffic. Andy (the guy who sold the camera) does not reply to my question. So as soon as I know how to modify the ports on the doorbell itself to set them to an unused port I'll let you know.
Information on the first page or 2 or this thread.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Andy said he’s out of stock until after the new year but it’s probably best to wait for him rather than buy off eBay from some unknown seller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Andy said he’s out of stock until after the new year but it’s probably best to wait for him rather than buy off eBay from some unknown seller
eBay/PayPal has your back if something isn’t right. And I would prefer dealing with eBay support rather than dealing with AliExpress support.

Tom Lorek

n3wb
Reaction score

I just ordered one from Andy the other day and he said he would get some in stock after 12/20.

Dudester

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
eBay/PayPal has your back if something isn’t right. And I would prefer dealing with eBay support rather than dealing with AliExpress support.
I bought the last db11 he had in stock couple weeks ago, actually wanted two but he had only 1 left. On another note I didnt use Aliexpress either. I messaged him here and emailed him direct. I did paypal him his payment. This was the third order I have done with him and so far nothing but great service.

Tom Lorek

n3wb
Reaction score
Was expecting Andy to ship mine after the 20th, but I was surprised to get an email Monday saying it had shipped from Hong Kong, and that the expected delivery date would be today. It arrived this afternoon (amazing...2 days from HK!!) and my install went rather smoothly. Had issues with getting my phone connected to the doorbell wifi but after rebooting my phone it connected just fine. All seems to be working with the app, and I got it connected in to Blue Iris just fine. Several observations and issues, however.

1) I wired the doorbell first, got it working, but noticed the buzz in my doorbell chime. Connected the chime kit, added the manual chime in the app, and now I get 10 dings on the in-house chime like others have seen. Any fix for this? New/better indoor chime, perhaps?
2) I've got condensation on the inside of the lens, so hopefully that'll go away in a day or two.
3) I need to make a spacer for the bracket to mount to so that the wiring has a better cavity to lie in. I can't push the wiring into the hole as it wasn't originally drilled much larger than the wiring diameter.
4) I'm used to cameras and logging in via web browser directly to the camera. Can't do this with this camera for some reason. I used the Config Tool to change framerate, but the options through it are minimal.
5) Is there an option to switch to corridor mode? Couldn't find that in the app or in the Config tool.

Front DB-11.JPG

Thanks!

Tom

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Was expecting Andy to ship mine after the 20th, but I was surprised to get an email Monday saying it had shipped from Hong Kong, and that the expected delivery date would be today. It arrived this afternoon (amazing...2 days from HK!!) and my install went rather smoothly. Had issues with getting my phone connected to the doorbell wifi but after rebooting my phone it connected just fine. All seems to be working with the app, and I got it connected in to Blue Iris just fine. Several observations and issues, however.

1) I wired the doorbell first, got it working, but noticed the buzz in my doorbell chime. Connected the chime kit, added the manual chime in the app, and now I get 10 dings on the in-house chime like others have seen. Any fix for this? New/better indoor chime, perhaps?
2) I've got condensation on the inside of the lens, so hopefully that'll go away in a day or two.
3) I need to make a spacer for the bracket to mount to so that the wiring has a better cavity to lie in. I can't push the wiring into the hole as it wasn't originally drilled much larger than the wiring diameter.
4) I'm used to cameras and logging in via web browser directly to the camera. Can't do this with this camera for some reason. I used the Config Tool to change framerate, but the options through it are minimal.
5) Is there an option to switch to corridor mode? Couldn't find that in the app or in the Config tool.

View attachment 36639

Thanks!

Tom
I didn’t find a solution on accessing the config for ports etc. Dahua closed my ticket after 5 days w\o answering.....

I build a “wedge” using a angle aluminum (just bend to the degree you need), that had 2 benefits; have space for the cable and the perfect angle for the cam. See below, before and after:

Attachments

luisrodz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Tom Lorek

Aren’t you concern about someone tampering your camera ?

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Tom Lorek

Aren’t you concern about someone tampering your camera ?

No, why would I. Are you concerned someone tampering with your flat to wall mounted camera? :)

I used really think aluminum angle bar, it’s as tough as I would screw the cam flat to the wall. You aren’t able to bend that angle bar with hand. And if someone comes close to the doorbell I already have videos of the person from different cams monitoring the whole front + doorbell video.

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, why would I. Are you concerned someone tampering with your flat to wall mounted camera? :)

I used really think aluminum angle bar, it’s as tough as I would screw the cam flat to the wall. You aren’t able to bend that angle bar with hand. And if someone comes close to the doorbell I already have videos of the person from different cams monitoring the whole front + doorbell video.
Oh you asked Tom... sorry :)

luisrodz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh you asked Tom... sorry :)
I didn’t realized that you were who installed the aluminum plate. Anyway sounds like a good idea if you want a better angle. In my case I have a Uniden which is similar, but is mounted on the sidewall instead.

I think yo got a good angle.

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I didn’t realized that you were who installed the aluminum plate. Anyway sounds like a good idea if you want a better angle. In my case I have a Uniden which is similar, but is mounted on the sidewall instead.

I think yo got a good angle.

Would be suitable for your situation as well, you have ~20% (of the view field) on the right side which you could move to the left.