Review-Dahua DB-11 Video Door Bell

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Then maybe their cloud service is down?

I tried to find an API for the DB11 but no luck otherwise you could use curl and send key/value for the chime settings.
What is curl?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes! I've unplugged mine. Too many problems and still unreliable.
Works perfect using bi.. only thing I'm missing is the chime setting in the imou app.. once I get that turned on it will be perfect

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Then maybe their cloud service is down?

I tried to find an API for the DB11 but no luck otherwise you could use curl and send key/value for the chime settings.
Got db add to imou app.. went on PC and added thru lechange website. but see nothing about chime.. here is a pic of my add screen

Attachments

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes! I've unplugged mine. Too many problems and still unreliable.
What problems you experienced? I mean beside the crappy app, which I don’t really use. With BI all is good. I just wish we can figure out the 2 way audio via BI then I’m going to retired the stupid app.

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got db add to imou app.. went on PC and added thru lechange website. but see nothing about chime.. here is a pic of my add screen
Looks completely different to the iOS app. Do they have screenshots in the manual for android? And did you check on their website it you can do changes to the camera settings?

Attachments

stizzymack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What problems you experienced? I mean beside the crappy app, which I don’t really use. With BI all is good. I just wish we can figure out the 2 way audio via BI then I’m going to retired the stupid app.
Outside of the app dropping the connection sporadically and the bell ringing nonstop after someone presses it once, it was more problems than its worth at the moment for me. I never attempted to add it BI because of the problems I mentioned earlier. Maybe I'll revisit it again after the holidays......

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Outside of the app dropping the connection sporadically and the bell ringing nonstop after someone presses it once, it was more problems than its worth at the moment for me. I never attempted to add it BI because of the problems I mentioned earlier. Maybe I'll revisit it again after the holidays......
With BI I had no issues. As mentioned, if 2way audio is working I don’t even need a chime or the buggy ap since I get motion notification from BI and could use BI to interact with who ever is bothering :) but I agree the chime thing with 10 times ringing is ridiculous. They really should add an option for chime count.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks completely different to the iOS app. Do they have screenshots in the manual for android? And did you check on their website it you can do changes to the camera settings?
So after trying 5 different devices with no luck.. I broke out my old Samsung s7.. I'll be damned, it connected db to imou app.. I'm in boys.. now need to figure out the chime kit setup

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
So after trying 5 different devices with no luck.. I broke out my old Samsung s7.. I'll be damned, it connected db to imou app.. I'm in boys.. now need to figure out the chime kit setup
Well the shit show is over. It's all hooked up.. inside chime works with kit.. working with bi.. now get 2 way talk working and all good.. thanks guys. And thanks to @EMPIRETECANDY what a great salesman we have here

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Playing around with bi settings.. set the db to hikvision
Other rrsp

Mic works a little but with alot of static

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well the shit show is over. It's all hooked up.. inside chime works with kit.. working with bi.. now get 2 way talk working and all good.. thanks guys. And thanks to @EMPIRETECANDY what a great salesman we have here
It would be awesome if the great salesman can get his hands on the API document.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It would be awesome if the great salesman can get his hands on the API document.
the dahua api is all over this forum and the internet. It wont help you as you wont be able to implement any changes in BI. For most dahua cameras the talk function works if you select the second dahua option from the dropdown in BI. 2320.

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the dahua api is all over this forum and the internet. It wont help you as you wont be able to implement any changes in BI. For most dahua cameras the talk function works if you select the second dahua option from the dropdown in BI. 2320.
It will help me to eventually change the annoying 10 times chime (if that’s not hard coded in the FW) and it eventually will be useful for the BI team.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It will help me to eventually change the annoying 10 times chime (if that’s not hard coded in the FW) and it eventually will be useful for the BI team.
There is no BI "team". its one guy. He will have no use for the api or anything else as its clear that no one including you had messaged him to indicate you are having an issue. As stated, the dahua api is all over this forum and is widely available. Google. You will not be able to change the chime repetition with the api.