Review-Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual Starlight Cam

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Which lens are most people getting - 2.8 or 3.6?

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I currently have a Hik mini dome at my front door which I think has the 2.8 lens (I think). To get to my front door - people have to walk straight at the camera (it's about 7' high) but the actual door is off to the side at about a 45 degree angle (turret type entry way) and you can't really see the door very well. I like the view from the existing Hik camera and probably will get a 2.8 - wish they sold it with both lens!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Today i get 2 negative feedback for this camera IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M, guys help me check if they are real negative or some other purpose. I can accept any review, but have to be based on the truth.
The heating issue, this is no problem at all, this model we sell 200pcs this year, never have returns, i am confident about its quality.

This bad review he listed 2 star feedback. Very strange i can't find his order details at amazon system.
https://www.amazon.com/EmpireTech-IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M-Starlight-Network-English/dp/B07JZBFTDF/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M&qid=1560764715&s=electronics&sr=1-2#customerReviews

This bad review, he is not a real buyer and leave us 1 feedback, and never contact me, he said no support, so crazy.
https://www.amazon.com/EmpireTech-IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M-Starlight-Network-English/dp/B07JZBFTDF/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M&qid=1560770373&s=electronics&sr=1-4

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm guessing that's a competitor trying to cause you problems Andy, usually on Amazon it will show Verified Purchase if they bought the item from you which isn't showing on either of those reviews.

Maybe try report abuse - from reading their other reviews I'm guessing English isn't their first language either.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I'm guessing that's a competitor trying to cause you problems Andy, usually on Amazon it will show Verified Purchase if they bought the item from you which isn't showing on either of those reviews.
Maybe try report abuse - from reading their other reviews I'm guessing English isn't their first language either.
I see, thanks! Guys help me report abuse;)

boneless

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
He could've gotten it somewhere else, and received a fake item. I reported it as abuse.

We can write reviews as well, even if we didn't purchase through the Amazon store. I will do just that, anything to help Mr. Andy :)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Today i get 2 negative feedback for this camera IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M, guys help me check if they are real negative or some other purpose. I can accept any review, but have to be based on the truth.
The heating issue, this is no problem at all, this model we sell 200pcs this year, never have returns, i am confident about its quality.

This bad review he listed 2 star feedback. Very strange i can't find his order details at amazon system.
https://www.amazon.com/EmpireTech-IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M-Starlight-Network-English/dp/B07JZBFTDF/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M&qid=1560764715&s=electronics&sr=1-2#customerReviews

This bad review, he is not a real buyer and leave us 1 feedback, and never contact me, he said no support, so crazy.
https://www.amazon.com/EmpireTech-IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M-Starlight-Network-English/dp/B07JZBFTDF/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M&qid=1560770373&s=electronics&sr=1-4
Unfortunately, there are a lot of fake reviews on Amazon. Amazon does a terrible job at verifying reviews. I replied to the review, and reported abuse.

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I am a verified purchaser of that cam from your Amazon store and I wrote a 5 Star review - just waiting for Amazon to approve and post it

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am a verified purchaser of that cam from your Amazon store and I wrote a 5 Star review - just waiting for Amazon to approve and post it
So they approve negative reviews where the person complains about support, from a non-verified purchaser? Frustrating.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So they approve negative reviews where the person complains about support, from a non-verified purchaser? Frustrating.

Mark
Yep. If you actually purchased that item from Amazon it will indicate in bold at the top of the review "Verified Purchase". My review still has not gone live yet, I included a couple of pics - perhaps that is holding it up. They do show the 5 star review but when one person gives it a 1 star, the overall rating is 3...

Good point though about how the 1 star reviewer can complain about support when he obviously didn't purchase it from Andy

Go this link, scroll down to the 1 star review from Andres and click on report abuse

Amazon.com: Customer reviews: EmpireTech IP Camera IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M 2x2MP Starlight 3.6MM Lens IR Mini Dome Network Camera English Version

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, don't need to have bought it through Amazon from any seller or even be logged in. Any random knucklehead can leave a review for anything.

Anyway, reminded me to leave a good review for a 2231 that I bought the other day from @EMPIRETECANDY.

Blackhawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY Where can I get the 2.8 version of this camera? Aliexpress says 'Sold out' and only the 3.6 is listed on Amazon. Amazon would be preferred.

Blackhawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also, any chance of a black model to match the black IPC-HDW5231R-ZE model on Amazon?