Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

Reaction score
What are you using for an NVR platform, stand-alone or BI ?
Using BI so nothing should be overwriting the setting if that is where you are going.

On a separate topic, do you know if there is a way to get the camera to overlay the IVS indicators on the onvif stream to BI (perimeter and boxes highlighting the detection of moving people etc.) to help with tuning. Doesn't seem like it...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Using BI so nothing should be overwriting the setting if that is where you are going.

On a separate topic, do you know if there is a way to get the camera to overlay the IVS indicators on the onvif stream to BI (perimeter and boxes highlighting the detection of moving people etc.) to help with tuning. Doesn't seem like it...
This is a quirk in BI, remove all motion mask's in the camera. then it won't trip.
No, only while viewing the cam feed with a browser.

Reaction score
This is a quirk in BI, remove all motion mask's in the camera. then it won't trip.
No, only while viewing the cam feed with a browser.
Hey, sorry, not quite following you. I want to use the smart motion detection (deep IVS) on the camera and I am trying to disable the generic video motion detection setting on the camera. My understanding is that the camera uses one or both methods to detect an event. I'm finding that randomly the generic motion detection is getting re-enabled and i'm getting a bunch of false positive triggers because of it.

BI has all the trigger / motion detection disabled except the input variable that the camera sends to BI. I'm not using the motion detection features within BI for this camera.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I've subscribed to Sentry and find it very good with little false Alerts. They are bringing out a lot of new features soon also which I am looking forward to testing.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, sorry, not quite following you. I want to use the smart motion detection (deep IVS) on the camera and I am trying to disable the generic video motion detection setting on the camera. My understanding is that the camera uses one or both methods to detect an event. I'm finding that randomly the generic motion detection is getting re-enabled and i'm getting a bunch of false positive triggers because of it.

BI has all the trigger / motion detection disabled except the input variable that the camera sends to BI. I'm not using the motion detection features within BI for this camera.
In the cameras setup GUI, Go here, and click on "Remove all" button. Click "Save". Then it won't matter if video detection is selected or not. It's not needed for IVS.

1588108595920.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello @Wildcat_1, I hope you might be able to help me out again. Lately I have noticed that my 49225 has had some weird behavior. If I manually move to a preset, or just manually pan or tilt, cam always moves back to preset 5 within 5 seconds. Didn't used to do this. Poked around a bit on cam interface (using IE) and couldn't figure what is causing it.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have idle time, time task or tours setup ?

Hello @Wildcat_1, I hope you might be able to help me out again. Lately I have noticed that my 49225 has had some weird behavior. If I manually move to a preset, or just manually pan or tilt, cam always moves back to preset 5 within 5 seconds. Didn't used to do this. Poked around a bit on cam interface (using IE) and couldn't figure what is causing it.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Could try disconnecting from BI for now. Login to the cam using cam web gui only. Check the settings there. Then move to a preset (still using web GUI for cam) and see if issue occurs.

Cam is on poe switch, with it's own poe+ injector. using BI5

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When setting these to detect cars or humans can you prioritise one over the other, ie follow humans more importantly than cars?