The wires are:
Power
Audio out
Audio in
7 inputs for alarm
2 output for alarm
1-BNC for setup video.
Let me see if I understand how each of these connections are used:
1-Audio out? This is output of a built in mic? Wouldn’t this normally get routed via Network cable? Analog?

2- Audio In. For using an external mic? If so, any built in mic is disabled?

3-Alarms? How might I use this feature?

4-Alarm output? How might this be used typically?

5-BNC. Composite video for aiming the camera during installation? If so that would be tough since the access to the cables would be limited once the cam is mounted unless a temp coax is run to the camera. Please tell us about best practices and how this might be useful.

Thanks!

Robert

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Let me see if I understand how each of these connections are used:
1-Audio out? This is output of a built in mic? Wouldn’t this normally get routed via Network cable? Analog?

2- Audio In. For using an external mic? If so, any built in mic is disabled?

3-Alarms? How might I use this feature?

4-Alarm output? How might this be used typically?

5-BNC. Composite video for aiming the camera during installation? If so that would be tough since the access to the cables would be limited once the cam is mounted unless a temp coax is run to the camera. Please tell us about best practices and how this might be useful.

Thanks!

Robert
1-Audio out would be to connect to a small amplifier and speaker that would allow you to as an example, broadcast sounds or voice from your phone or computer.

2-Yes, external mic. It does not have a built-in mic.

3-Example, connected to a motion sensor, when that motion sensor is tripped, the cam would go to a preset position/view.

4-Example: connect to the alarm inputs on a NVR, and using the cams IVS or motion dection, would trigger the NVR to record events. Or hook it to a strobe light.

5-Yes.

Keep in mind that Dahua's market is to large professional installs, not to Joe average consumer.

gregbert

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow that zoom is amazing!

For me, it's great from a cool factor, but really don't have a good location to use it. I'm already maxing out with 25x from my current installation locations and don't have a good place to put a camera that can see up/down a street like that. Still may need to get one though!

gregbert

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The wires are:
Power
Audio out
Audio in
7 inputs for alarm
2 output for alarm
1-BNC for setup video.
I was reading this as SEVEN alarm inputs and thought that was wrong, but looking at the picture I see lots more wires that my PTZ.
So does it really have 7 inputs?

seez52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do the alarm inputs work off of a contact switch?

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for this review! We're considering getting this camera. We currently have the SD49225T-HN 25x, but need a bit more zoom. You mentioned you have the 9225 camera as well? Would you say the
SD6CE245U-HNI 45x has *significantly* more zoom? I know it does on the specs obviously but wondering if in practice it's a very large difference.

We use it in force color mode (no IR) at night in an area with lots of ambient light if that's a factor.

"The camera really struggles to focus and fails to do so at extreme zoom at night. Similar to what my SD59225U-HNI PTZ still does, although its not as bad as this new cam."
Do you think the focusing is still worse than the 9225 even after the firmware update? And do you think it's worse even at similar zoom rates?

Fred2000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,
look at the Dori distance and the viewing angle. The Sd6CE45 has a great zoom but also a larger initial viewing angle.
Sd49 62.8 -2.6 degrees / Dori = 161 m Identify
SD6CE45 70,3 -1,8 degrees / Dori = 234m Identify
My SD6CE has a slightly better illumination than the SD49 on the near side, but big problems at further distances > 70-100m. But in my area it is absolutely dark without ambient light.

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Excellent review as always. Thanks so much @looney2ns

I am curious about how this camera mounts. Would it be possible for you to post some pictures of the various mount parts/pieces and how they work ?

Thanks

Snd1234

n3wb
Reaction score
how do you weatherproof all the connections if you aren't mounting the camera directly on a building?

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks @looney2ns for the extra picture. I have only dealt with non-ptz cams so had always been curious how a ptz would actually be mounted. Eventually I want to add one to my system. I really appreciate your reviews and participation on these boards.

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good to see someone else having trouble with those allen bolts. Strange that they seem to be designed to be screwed in only partially for 2 out of 3 of them. No big deal of course, seems plenty tight.

After having the camera for awhile, would you say the extra zoom is noticeable compared to your SD49225T-HN? And is the extra zoom useful even with the focusing issues?

Fred2000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello
difficult question if the extra zoom justifies the price. For me, the larger initial viewing angle of 70 degrees was also decisive. At full zoom the difference isn't as big as you might think. The focus problems are only present at night, I don't think the developers tested the camera in complete darkness. There are some night videos with more ambient light where the camera seems to work.
Enclosed 2 pictures of the blood moon once with the SD49 and once with the SD6CE but the SD6 was 20 meters closer.:)

Attachments

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for that Fred. That looks similar to the view I get of the moon with my SD49225T-HN. And that camera sure does a good job focusing at night so I'll probably just stick to that.

Thanks again.

And on a sidenote this guy sure does get a clear view with his 48x:

Probably after lots of tweaking. I haven't been able to get much more than a bright blur than the moon, definitely no craters.

seez52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
for some reason the NACL plugin/app is not working on my new 45x. It operates the camera, but I get one single shot and then it's frozen, controls still work but basically a screen shot. It works fine with my other cameras.

I've also have Smart PSS 2.00.2 and it works fine. Unfortunately it does not allow for all adjustments.
And, I have PSS v4.06 which came off the CD included with the camera. It looks nice but it will not accept the camera password. Looks like my password is longer than the software will accept.