Review-Dahua SD6CE245U-HNI Starlight PTZ 45x Zoom

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Quick question I have the camera and time to time I feel like the clock on the camera falls couple of secs behind is there a way to correct this issue ? Also I would love if all the clock matches on all other cameras seem like all of them are couple of secs here or there..
View attachment 39617
You need to set the Interval to something other than 0.

Ideally, you would have NetTime installed a home computer, block the cams from accessing the internet, and point them to the PC running Nettime. NetTime - Network Time Synchronization Tool
How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) | IP Cam Talk

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to set the Interval to something other than 0.

Ideally, you would have NetTime installed a home computer, block the cams from accessing the internet, and point them to the PC running Nettime. NetTime - Network Time Synchronization Tool
How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) | IP Cam Talk
Thank You Looney I got the Time Synchronization Tool installed and got all the camera to sync on time Awesome ! Thank you So much !!

I will look into VPN Guide once I get some time and give it a shot. Thank you Looney for all the amazing guides and help.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks a bit dodgy. His shirts hanging out at the front.

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Guys, has firmware updates fixed the focus issues at night and are there any tracking enhancements???

ThomasPI

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Great review and camera, this may well be going on the roof of the new house.

seez52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been using my camera for almost a year. And it's been great. The only that I don't like is it will zoom in when tracking, but as the target gets closer it never really zooms back out. Is this a typical way tracking works. I have not done any firmware updates.

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been running mine now for about 14 months and love it. I do NOT use some of the advanced features like tracking, etc as they are less than optimal. I use this as a long range fixed camera with Blue Iris alerting and a toy to track stuff as I want to. I really want a 2nd one....

That being said, if you can see what you want with a couple of fixed cameras that is the way to go. I need long range and this is perfect. I can't believe this monster is only 4x the price of the good fixed lens options.

-Dwight

Djones64

n3wb
Reaction score
This is a late response but your efforts and information have helped me greatly...and I dig this camera. It helps me to cover a lot of Arizona acerage. You have my appreciation for what you have put together here.

rgonyer

n3wb
Reaction score
This looks great, is there a new model of it? Both of the original links say discontinued.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
This looks great, is there a new model of it? Both of the original links say discontinued.
Maybe this one with the 1/1.8" sensor? SD6AL233XA-HNR. I do not see a 4MP in this size PTZ camera in their catalog and the larger sensor.

seez52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been following the auto tracking thread (Dahua poor auto tracking - What am I doing wrong?) and have noted that one of the other PTZ cameras has the ability to trigger a preset when a tripwire or intrusion box is activated. I know my current firmware, which is not the latest, does not offer that option. Does anyone know if the latest firmware provides for this functionality?

Bob Schulz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I seem to be having a brainfart. Can't seem to figure out how to disable the IR on this camera

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try to play with Web UI, conditions manual, set 0 for both. You might have to change multiple profiles.