Review-Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 800 meter capable ePOE

CattDamon

n3wb
Reaction score
Just installed one of my cameras. I'm mounting to stucco so I opted for toggle bolts. This this is not going anywhere!

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Just installed one of my cameras. I'm mounting to stucco so I opted for toggle bolts. This this is not going anywhere!
Toggle bolts are a bit overkill, but yea, like you said.. Not going anywhere. .

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking for some guidance here. I have one camera (IPC-HDW5231-Z) that is near a light source at night so it won't auto switch to "night" mode. I believe I am setting up the camera properly by going to profiles and setting the times and clicking on save by logging into the camera directly and setting this up. I am running the camera through an NVR5216-16P-4KS2E if there's a setting on there I might be missing?

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

Aajjoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking for some guidance here. I have one camera (IPC-HDW5231-Z) that is near a light source at night so it won't auto switch to "night" mode. I believe I am setting up the camera properly by going to profiles and setting the times and clicking on save by logging into the camera directly and setting this up. I am running the camera through an NVR5216-16P-4KS2E if there's a setting on there I might be missing?

Thanks in advance,
That camera (although it’s similar) has its own thread, perhaps a search there will help you.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Thanks in advance,
go into the conditions tab and set what you want each profile to do. @bp2008 has made a utility you can use to automatically set it to change at sunset without having to periodically update the fixed schedule. search dahua sunrise sunset.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay if I understand you correctly, when I set the profile to schedule on the profile management page, at those particular times the camera will switch actual profiles to "day" vs. "nights". So for my needs I can set the "night" profile to "black and white" and the "day" profile to "auto or color" and hopefully this evening the camera will auto switch profiles from "day" to "night" achieving my goal. Thank you @tangent for the clarification.

FYI I did see the sunrise/sunset script earlier but thought it was for BI only.

Pedro Tera

n3wb
Reaction score
From everything I have read so far, this is one of the most recommended cameras - would it be a good choice to put over our front door to monitor for deliveries etc?
I plan to add more cameras around the house when I have a better understanding of what I need...

Is PFB203W the best/only available wall mount - do I need a wall mount/ is it recommended?

For delivery to the US, better/cheaper to email Andy, or order through his Amazon store?

Thanks in advance for any help

EmptyWallet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thinking of picking one of these up for testing purposes. It appears Andy is sold out currently? Anywhere else I should source it from?

fastsvo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After waiting over 3 months I finally got a chance to install my ZE camera that I bought from Andy. Before doing so I bench tested the unit and all seemed fine even after I updated to the latest firmware that he posted. Once installed, I noticed what others have observed as well with regards to the blurry image outside of the focal point.

What is the fix here?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

EmptyWallet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After waiting over 3 months I finally got a chance to install my ZE camera that I bought from Andy. Before doing so I bench tested the unit and all seemed fine even after I updated to the latest firmware that he posted. Once installed, I noticed what others have observed as well with regards to the blurry image outside of the focal point.

What is the fix here?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Ouch. That’s no good. Reading the thread that’s been happening a lot. Is there a good fix?

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a few IPC-HDW5231-Z and a few IPC-HDW5231-ZE cameras mounted. I was expecting to set them all to the same encoding mode settings with matching FPS and bitrate etc and I'm noticing that the "Z" model is showing up as 50 FPS but the "ZE" only shows 25 max. I'm posting pictures of both settings hoping to try to understand what and why there are differences. Besides the .265 codec vs. .264 pretty much everything is default. Should I make any adjustments to these settings? I'm looking to get the best picture quality out of these cameras as possible even if it means giving up HD space. Should I up the bitrate to the max available? I'm not really sure how each setting contributes to the image quality. Thoughts? Thanks for your response.

Attachments