Review-Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 800 meter capable ePOE

CattDamon

n3wb
Reaction score
Just ordered 2 from Andy. This dude has to make bank on all of us! Excited to set up my first ip cameras.

CattDamon

n3wb
Reaction score
Just ordered 2 from Andy. Excited to set up my first ip cameras on my new house.

Aajjoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Decided last minute to go to the summer house over the weekend and brought the cameras to finally have them installed.
Installed two of them today and I’m MIGHTY impressed! It’s pitch black outside but pretty much all of the areas covered are perfectly visible. NOTHING like the cheap Misecu-junk I had before, this is next-level sh*t!

Thank god I found this forum (and @EMPIRETECANDY)

The two remaining cameras have to wait until next weekend.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Aajjoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One issue though, one camera seemed to get stuck in night mode
I had it set to auto and had to manually change it to daylight for it to change to daylight.

Is this a common issue with these cameras? The other one I mounted yesterday changed from night to day like it should.

Thanks!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One issue though, one camera seemed to get stuck in night mode
I had it set to auto and had to manually change it to daylight for it to change to daylight.

Is this a common issue with these cameras? The other one I mounted yesterday changed from night to day like it should.

Thanks!

No, it's not a common issue. Reset it to factory defaults, set it up again, see if that helps.

Aajjoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, it's not a common issue. Reset it to factory defaults, set it up again, see if that helps.
Thanks @looney2ns

That’ll have to wait until next weekend when I go up there. Until then I’ll keep track of it with my phone, tomorrow the issue hopefully is gone

@EMPIRETECANDY Have you seen/heard about this issue before?

Aajjoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think you probably just have a setting messed up on one camera.
That was my thought initially as well but came to the conclusion that there aren’t that many settings apart from the day/night/auto settings that affects this, is it?
To be honest I haven’t messed with the settings much, they pretty much are as they were delivered apart for some IVS settings.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That was my thought initially as well but came to the conclusion that there aren’t that many settings apart from the day/night/auto settings that affects this, is it?
To be honest I haven’t messed with the settings much, they pretty much are as they were delivered apart for some IVS settings.

Settings are in:
Camera > Conditions > Conditions > Day & Night > Mode **note which profile is selected, check the settings for the others
Choose which profile is active in Camera > Conditions > Profile Management

Don't forget to click the save button.

Aajjoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Settings are in:
Camera > Conditions > Conditions > Day & Night > Mode **note which profile is selected, check the settings for the others
Choose which profile is active in Camera > Conditions > Profile Management

Don't forget to click the save button.
Thanks! I’ll see if I can check this in Smart PSS straight away!

Aajjoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks! I’ll see if I can check this in Smart PSS straight away!

Nope, apparently not possible. I’ll look at it next weekend.
Thanks again!

Aajjoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It’s apparent it doesn’t even turn on the ir’s even though it’s pitch black.
It does change to b/w once dark enough but obviously it doesn’t turn on the ir’s. Once it’s daylight it doesn’t go back to color mode.

It has the very same firmware as the other camera (which works fine) which is mounted and has the exact same settings, so I’ll try a factory reset once I get a chance but if that doesn’t work I’m afraid I need to get in touch with @EMPIRETECANDY :(

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
It’s apparent it doesn’t even turn on the ir’s even though it’s pitch black.
It does change to b/w once dark enough but obviously it doesn’t turn on the ir’s. Once it’s daylight it doesn’t go back to color mode.

It has the very same firmware as the other camera (which works fine) which is mounted and has the exact same settings, so I’ll try a factory reset once I get a chance but if that doesn’t work I’m afraid I need to get in touch with @EMPIRETECANDY :(

This happen when you get the cams or failed after using for a while? Try to open the camera and found the IR light cable if loosen, seems the camera no nightvision or No IR light one, so totally darkness. This may happen sometimes when long distance shipping. Some express guy throw parcels.

Aajjoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This happen when you get the cams or failed after using for a while? Try to open the camera and found the IR light cable if loosen, seems the camera no nightvision or No IR light one, so totally darkness. This may happen sometimes when long distance shipping. Some express guy throw parcels.
Installed them last weekend, just checked them for DOA and focus issues before this.
Will check this when I get to my summer house, hopefully this weekend, or the next.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a loose IR plug, in one of my cameras, HFW5231E-Z12. Somewhere on this forum, I have posted some pictures with it as well.

Last edited:

Aajjoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had a loose IR plug, in one of my cameras, HFW5231E-Z12. Somewhere on this forum, I have posted some pictures with is as well.
@tibimakai Been going through your posts but haven’t been able to find the pictures of this, could you point me in the right direction?

Also, what’s needed to open up a camera? All my cameras are in the summer house and I need to make sure I bring the proper tools for this as there’s no hardware store within less than an hour from there.

Thanks!

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
My camera, has a different housing. I have mentioned about the pictures, because maybe internally, they are similar.