Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
anyone having an issue with auto tracking zooming in way to far that its useless, I think it happened when I checked the facial recognition box to try it out noticed before it used to bracket and follow a car or person pretty good as far as zoom goes but even when I unchecked facial box it zooms in so far it cant track and just zooms into the ground or tree bark etc. tried a few reboots and running 6/2018 version just not really wanting to do a default setting thing
Not here.. but I dont dare touch anything cause I have it just the way I want it

cuistots

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
anyone having an issue with auto tracking zooming in way to far that its useless, I think it happened when I checked the facial recognition box to try it out noticed before it used to bracket and follow a car or person pretty good as far as zoom goes but even when I unchecked facial box it zooms in so far it cant track and just zooms into the ground or tree bark etc. tried a few reboots and running 6/2018 version just not really wanting to do a default setting thing
Hello i have the same issue.

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So anyone using either of these firmwares on this cam? Any problems to report?

[NTSC]DH_SD-Eos_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.623.0000000.13.R.181205

[PAL]DH_SD-Eos_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.623.0000000.13.R.181205
just downloaded it to my 59925 was a little hesitant says it was for a sd6al245u-hni let you know in a few days, camera is working but its only been 5 minutes :smash:also installed new V3.02.85.RHNT_17_22722 from my old ptz version of 2.300.0000000.10.rhnt_170926_24381 so that might of fixed my zoom issues also

Last edited:

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone reverted back 2 or 3 firmware/ptz versions successfully?

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, I have just received the camera, and it is a Dahua logo camera, it seems like it is working great. I'm playing with the Heat, it is very cool how it follows me.
I will have to learn a lot, this is not a 5231 camera.
Stand is square and it is not crooked.
Man, I got the camera very fast. Free DHL shipping, yeahh.
Device TypeDH-SD59225U-HNI
System VersionV2.623.0000000.13.R.E4.2512.3S.NR, Build Date: 2018-12-05
WEB Version3.2.1.667589
ONVIF Version16.12(V2.4.3.574996)
PTZ VersionV2.301.0000000.3.RHNT_180331_26657
S/Nxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Security Baseline VersionV1.3
Next, I will have to buy another 5231R-ZE for the patio(sliding door).

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
When you upgrade the software, there are two things that have to be upgraded, the camera itself and then the PTZ part? There is a sequence, which one has to be upgraded first?
I guess, I have started already the series of questions. :)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you upgrade the software, there are two things that have to be upgraded, the camera itself and then the PTZ part? There is a sequence, which one has to be upgraded first?
I guess, I have started already the series of questions. :)
Best advice is, if it's not broke don't fix it.
No order needed, if you do.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks. The problem is, that I always like to have the latest firmware in every device that I own. It will be almost impossible to hold back, from upgrading.
Luckily, this is the latest firmware.
I will have to design and make a custom bracket, to install it on the rafter directly, without the curved tube mount. This way, I could save almost 4" of height from the whole assembly.
Also, I'm in the process, of running the wires in the attic. So, my system is offline for a while.
I'm building a simple man cave in the garage, at the moment. This system, is not a high priority at the moment.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Device TypeDH-SD59225U-HNI
PTZ VersionV2.301.0000000.3.RHNT_180331_26657
That PTZ version is newer than that on the Dahua website by 6 months - Andy normally says upgrade the PTZ module first and then the larger system firmware afterwards but in your case you've got a newer unknown PTZ firmware anyway (the one I have and is on the Dahua site is dated 26th Sep 2017 whereas yours is 31st March 2018). It will be interesting to hear how yours performs.

Some people have had cameras die when updating the PTZ firmware, I've got to admit I've done a couple here and have had no issues - when the issues arise during PTZ upgrade it means the entire camera needs sending back (although it may be possible to do something via JTAG locally).

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. The problem is, that I always like to have the latest firmware in every device that I own. It will be almost impossible to hold back, from upgrading.
Luckily, this is the latest firmware.
I will have to design and make a custom bracket, to install it on the rafter directly, without the curved tube mount. This way, I could save almost 4" of height from the whole assembly.
Also, I'm in the process, of running the wires in the attic. So, my system is offline for a while.
I'm building a simple man cave in the garage, at the moment. This system, is not a high priority at the moment.
There is therapy available for that OCD'ness. ;)
The risk with a cam is that new firmware can cause problems, break things, brick cams, features removed, etc.

JayS_IPCams

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all.. how stable is this model? I have the SD49225T, and as per that thread, it has some stability issues :(
Despite that, I love the image and camera so looking to get another Dahua PTZ... is this the "best" one for 25x zoom for under $500 price range?
(didn't see much in my scans through this thread, but is 106 pages now, so ... please update here, or pm me your experinces. thanks!)

Tibor Makai

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, I'm done with my new bracket, that I have made. This will be installed, as close as possible against the roof.
It was a quick and dirty job, I did not really care about the slot finish. I was pretty much, using the bolt pattern feature on my milling machine, and I was just punching down with an end mill(1/4" and 1/2").

Attachments

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, I'm done with my new bracket, that I have made. This will be installed, as close as possible against the roof.
It was a quick and dirty job, I did not really care about the slot finish. I was pretty much, using the bolt pattern feature on my milling machine, and I was just punching down with an end mill(1/4" and 1/2").
Nice , please post finished install pics

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi all.. how stable is this model? I have the SD49225T, and as per that thread, it has some stability issues :(
Despite that, I love the image and camera so looking to get another Dahua PTZ... is this the "best" one for 25x zoom for under $500 price range?
(didn't see much in my scans through this thread, but is 106 pages now, so ... please update here, or pm me your experinces. thanks!)
On the latest firmware for me it has been stable - on the previous versions I had issues with the http interface on the camera crashing - the existing RTSP session to Blue Iris would continue to work but you would be unable to start any more unless you either unplugged the camera or disable & re-enable the port (which toggles PoE on my switch).

With the current firmware version this is not an issue and they improved stability when using microSD cards as well.

Just bear in mind autotracking isn't perfect for all circumstances and you can get some very random behaviour - it seems to work better in quiet locations with little movement.

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
anyone using PFA feature and what zoom speed does it work best

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
To be honest mine rarely goes past 6x zoom - I got the impression PFA worked better for longer zooms than the short ones mine tends to do.

The 59225 is overkill for my setting but I wanted it more for the physical presence to make people behave