Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm using it to watch my basset hounds and a little extra security for the house.
I think the SD49225T-HN will serve you well for keeping an eye on the canines. The auto tracking might even be a hindrance with the pets running around.

SD

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I was originally set on 2 Starlight Bullets. I then thought of getting the SD49 being it was pretty much same price as the 2 bullets. Andy doesn't have the 49 and asked about the SD59. Wife wanted to kill me over the 2 bullets. So trying to weigh further harm from wife over the price difference.
you have to buy her something nice, and THEN buy your cameras, I've learned well being addicted to amazon lol.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Question:

Can you setup:
3x preset

And than for every preset IVS rules ?

Example:
Preset 1, has IVS and auto tracking setup, but via a sensor it is going to preset 2 and can you than there also IVS rules, or auto tracking again ?
Yes, each preset can have its own IVS rule. I have a tripwire at Preset 1, an intrusion box on Preset 2. Additionally, two PIR sensors swing to each preset, and it will start tracking whatever is there.

SD

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thx guys, that will than work for the 3 side intrucion detection i intend to setup.
Will have to save up a bit before i do that as the house just turned to cost like 25K more for the installation side of things.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After reading and digesting info from here for the past several weeks, I''m going to get my feet wet with my first IP cam.

From a recommendation based from @nayr I've placed an order for this cam: Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera SD59225U HNI ,free DHL shipping-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

We will set this up as a critter cam in our backyard. We also have a view of a lake.
Will post pics and vids when it arrives.

You guys are costing me MONEY! ha!
How do you like this camera? Does it work the way you want it to? Auto tracking? Andy wants me to get that over the 49.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone help me via TeamViewer setup NVR via SmartpSS please as I am at the end of my tether. Always used Hikvision IVMS-4200 PCNVR and can not for the life of me set this up to my cam to record to the hard drive I point it to as it always defaults to C:
No guarantees, but if no one else has offered yet, send me your Teamviewer info in a private conversation and I'll have a look.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just ordered one of these cams. Have you guys worked out most of the kinks? I think I'm doing a roof mount as well.
Sweet, you won't be disappointed. There aren't any real kinks to work out. Just a solid Pro Series camera.

Mounting solutions can be found on Page 47 here:
http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/download/2017_Q1_IP_VIDEO_PRODUCT_SELECTION_2.15_LOW.pdf

Or in the accessories tab here:
SD59225U-HNI

A roof mount can mean different things, Dahua (& Andy) offer Parapet, Pole, Corner, Ceiling, and Junction Box mounts. If you want one stop shopping, have him throw it in on your order.

It will come with the PFB300S Wall mount, but the PFB303W is a much nicer solution from B&H Photo for $18.
Dahua Technology Water-Proof Wall Mount Bracket for Dome PFB303W

Like I said, you will not be disappointed. This camera amazes me more and more every day. I'll be sad when I finally mount it at my friend's location.

SD

Last edited:

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You are right, that mount is much nicer. I usually put all of the connections in a waterproof box after sealing them up with the super tape Harbor Freight sells.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes it does come with the PFA110 Wall mount
Hate to be a stickler for detail but the PFA110 is the mount adaptor, you're thinking of the PFB300S ;).

but it's harder to store the pigtails in there, and the PFB303W is waterproofed better, better looking, better made.
Yep. @Hound Dog 911 If you are interested in how the pigtail fits inside the PFB303W please see comment #772.

Last edited: