Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

afrmthabay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It turns
The instructions the come with it are horrible. They are generic for all their PTZ's. Baud rate doesn't apply to an IP camera. They only reason to take the back cover off is to install an SD memory card if you wish.
yeah I agree now if I could only get the Ivs settings to work it just won't take for some reason I only have the cat 5 cable plugged in powering it but I don't think that should make a difference I'm only 5 ft away

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
reset the camera to defaults through the WebUI if your having problems with settings not sticking.. though the plugin can be a bit flakey w/IVS.. have you given the Chrome app a shot?

You can configure the camera in conflicting ways and then it wont seem to take settings; usually resetting to defaults will get it back into a sane configuration that you can get to take.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
and good luck finding that SD card heh.. ProTip: find and install the SD card now and not later while its hanging from a house/pole.. it's a game of where's waldo and most of the circuitry inside has to be taken out.
Well that's no fun! ha!

afrmthabay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
reset the camera to defaults through the WebUI if your having problems with settings not sticking.. though the plugin can be a bit flakey w/IVS.. have you given the Chrome app a shot?

You can configure the camera in conflicting ways and then it wont seem to take settings; usually resetting to defaults will get it back into a sane configuration that you can get to take.
Ok I'll give it a shot when I get home for some reason my other camera works perfect with the webiu and the nvr using ivs but the new Ptz all I could get is motion so far

afrmthabay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So here goes some pictures of where I am stuck on IVS. My other camera works right away with IVS with the same cat 5 cord and I used the same laptop computer and webui-so as soon as I unplug my camera (HFW5421E-Z) and plug in my new ptz for some reason it will not respond to IVS. Then sometimes the IVS will let me draw these blue boxes for the PTZ but it still will not alert or work its almost like a glitch it seems at least but for my other camera its nothing like that its a green and yellow lines. But I also get failed to get configuration errors on my ptz. Any thoughts? I also tried google chrome but the app I used did not have IVS there must be a better app out there than web service. Thanks for the help

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
try configuring IVS directly on the camera and not on the NVR, if you have built in PoE plug into the back of the NVR and get on same network as cameras..

afrmthabay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry lol! I'm way to new at this but how do you configure IVS directly on the camera? I tried on the computer by typing http://192.168.1.108/ and also NVR so far but did not know any other way

00Buck

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you assign different IP addresses to the cameras? Each camera will need to have a different IP address.

afrmthabay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
try configuring IVS directly on the camera and not on the NVR, if you have built in PoE plug into the back of the NVR and get on same network as cameras..
okay i was able to get into the camera by plugging my laptop into my nvr via cat 5 cable using port 8 (i just used that one -i have 16) 10.1.1.65 and used that for my address to get in now I am able to draw and things like that but I just need to learn how to get the camera to auto track - I can't find the auto track setting

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
does the 25x Black Face Dahua come w/auto-tracking.. its listed as optional and I know andy listed the 30x as having autotracking.

afrmthabay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
does the 25x Black Face Dahua come w/auto-tracking.. its listed as optional and I know andy listed the 30x as having autotracking.
On Dahua website it says its supports it but then on other things like IVS it says optional so does that mean if the nvr supports it-pretty confusing lol!

SD59225U-HNI

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Yes before I though no IVS, but after I checked with Dahua all cams model with SdXxx-HNI support IVS