Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY - I think so, but you might want to double check either with a bubble level or send some pics like above (plate flush on something, pipe flush on something) to double check.
Yes, i think can be no problem. the main problem is the bad shape.

n0xlf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe this will help...

1.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited:

n0xlf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ljw2k - You're at the plastic spacer and tube of silicone level...

Screw that these cameras are so cool - This thread is clearly now about bad mounts :)

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Larebear - I hope you don't mind me saying that your camera still doesn't look like its sitting at 90 degree after you have put that thick shim on. Just checked a few prices here in UK and its above £50 with delivery from a UK stockist. I hope Andy can sort us all out quickly and efficiently as I don't fancy waiting another 2 weeks for a bracket to arrive from China.

I have sent Andy a PM stating what I have said above.
You are right ljw2k. It's still not sitting at a true 90 degree's. The shims helped some but it would take quite a few more to make it square. For me it's more of a temporary mount until there's a better solution. It's mounted under my deck cover, so I'm not too worried about the elements causing problems. Snow and rain can't get to it. Hopefully Andy will come up with an acceptable solution for all of us.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
You are right ljw2k. It's still not sitting at a true 90 degree's. The shims helped some but it would take quite a few more to make it square. For me it's more of a temporary mount until there's a better solution. It's mounted under my deck cover, so I'm not too worried about the elements causing problems. Snow and rain can't get to it. Hopefully Andy will come up with an acceptable solution for all of us.
He said to message him your address

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's not that shimming wouldn't work, but for most of us these cams will be up for many years and having a semi "ghetto" install just isn't very appealing...Based on the photo above, that would be a awful lot of silicone too - I agree that it still looks off, even shimmed. Could just be the pic, but..
It does look like it's still off, even with the shim which is about 1/2" (13mm) thick. Strange thing is that it looks square with the side of my house in this snapshot.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I know this is a half arsed solution but why not use mount DH-PFB303W?

As it's the same pipe thread and diameter and for me looks better?

I've asked Andy if he can send that mount out instead on the one that's included.

He may not be able to but it's worth asking

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I know this is a half arsed solution but why not use mount DH-PFB303W?

As it's the same pipe thread and diameter and for me looks better?

I've asked Andy if he can send that mount out instead on the one that's included.

He may not be able to but it's worth asking
PFB303 not suits, i booked some new ones today, and will see if it's good. We told dahua engineer this mistake, seems they still don't have a direct response for this.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry for the quality of the pictures done via a mobile phone.
The small spacer mentioned above by wantafastz28 would need to be around 22mm-25mm thick same applies to the silicone.

I see what you're saying now... mine was nothing close to that. I wish I had a smart level when I mounted mine to see the exact degree... I bought a few washers since the bubble made it look really bad, but only used a pair.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mine arrived last night and I have the same issue with the bracket, but I'm far from upset.

I'll gladly accept a new one, but can make this work without much issue. With my keen eye, I would say it's 15 degrees from plumb. It is square though.

I don't want a separate shipment for the bracket. Just send it with my next order.......:)

Pic isn't the perfect angle, but you can tell.

That being said, this camera is amazing!

SD

Attachments

Reaction score
So, why doesn't Dahua make some sort of adapter/bracket/mount that adjusts just like the 5231 turret? If would allow you to mount to siding that's at an angle, and still be able to adjust the camera to level it. Like a ball and socket swivel assembly. It would sure solve alot of problems. The current mount is pretty archaic to me, with problems like this.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
So I am now wondering if no one ever checks these, mine is off exactly 1/4" at the wide end. I'll shoot Andy a message, I'd rather have the PFB303W also.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is a quantitative measure on how far my supplied mount is off and how I mounted it. The board I am measuring from is completely plumb, then I pulled the top of the mount away from the board until the camera mount end is completely level. I measured 0.60" (~15mm) where the top mounting holes are. Meaning you need a standoff or shim a little over 1/2 inch behind the top mounting holes. The mounting is a Kludge because of the wrong bend in the pipe, but my installation is pretty high up and not that noticeable. I am very impressed with the zoom video with this Cam. Thanks Loony2ns for posting this thread and many thanks for everyone who contributes to IPCT, especially Nayer! Still waiting for varifocal starlights.
DSCN4245.JPG DSCN4247.JPG DSCN4248.JPG

I added some weatherstripping in a stepped mannor to cover the gap from Insects.
DSCN4250.JPG

This is what I used for standoffs for the top mounting holes.
DSCN4251.JPG
I bent the supplied cable inside the mounting tube to take up the slack. Probably exceeded the minimum bend radius, but it is what it is.
DSCN4249.JPG
Mounted on house>
DSCN4252.JPG DSCN4253.JPG DSCN4254.JPG

Last edited:

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
BTW, I do not think anyone has described the IR lights on this model yet. There are 4 IR LEDs. 2 normal ones and 2 high power ones for the far zoom applications. When zoomed in, all 4 LEDs are on. They work very well for the far zoom video. I am amazed how well I can see at distances in the dark.

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
BTW, I do not think anyone has described the IR lights on this model yet. There are 4 IR LEDs. 2 normal ones and 2 high power ones for the far zoom applications. When zoomed out, all 4 LEDs are on. They work very well for the far zoom video. I am amazed how well I can see at distances in the dark.
Good job, awesome house, tampa/st. pete area is one of the ones I am considering moving to. :D

ypl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got mine today. I just connected it to check if it works and all looks fine - it works, makes some disturbing constant noise and I can see the image in the browser plugin. I cannot evaluate the image quality because it is just test run and it lies on the floor of my lounge room so I'll give you some feedback when I attach it to the wall. I checked the wallmount and it looks like it's bended but I am happy to try to mount it to the wall. If I fail I'll ask Andy for a straight wallmount with my next order but probably the bended one will do the job. Overall I can truelly recommend Andy. He quickly replies, answers all the questions, allows to pay via paypal or via aliex, ships via quick or no tax route (tested and works for Poland). Definitelly I will order more stuff from Andy, I just need to figure out what I need. I just build it for fun around my house.

Attachments

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I got mine today. I just connected it to check if it works and all looks fine - it works, makes some disturbing constant noise and I can see the image in the browser plugin. I cannot evaluate the image quality because it is just test run and it lies on the floor of my lounge room so I'll give you some feedback when I attach it to the wall. I checked the wallmount and it looks like it's bended but I am happy to try to mount it to the wall. If I fail I'll ask Andy for a straight wallmount with my next order but probably the bended one will do the job. Overall I can truelly recommend Andy. He quickly replies, answers all the questions, allows to pay via paypal or via aliex, ships via quick or no tax route (tested and works for Poland). Definitelly I will order more stuff from Andy, I just need to figure out what I need. I just build it for fun around my house.
Good lord, maybe they are supposed to be off? LOL.

n0xlf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good lord, maybe they are supposed to be off? LOL.
Funny you mention that - I almost thought of a test install to see if they were compensating for some sort of lens distortion or something. I doubt it, but...