Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Note the estimated delivery time in that link. 42 Days.
Epacket shipping can be dicey.
Plus who knows about sellers customer service, support, returns and on and on.. what's the savings? My guess is it's not worth the headache

Tibor Makai

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm in no hurry, to get it. I still work on my garage(making a simple man cave, w/projector+projector lift+screen, work benches, etc.).
Last time, when I had an IR issue, I have fixed it myself(I'm fixing electronics, as a hobby). It is way too expensive, to ship something back.
In the near future, I will be buying at least 1-2 more cameras, and most likely from Andy.
Only this one, seems a bit to much of a difference. And that is, all I have($400).

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm in no hurry, to get it. I still work on my garage(making a simple man cave, w/projector+projector lift+screen, work benches, etc.).
Last time, when I had an IR issue, I have fixed it myself(I'm fixing electronics, as a hobby). It is way too expensive, to ship something back.
In the near future, I will be buying at least 1-2 more cameras, and most likely from Andy.
Only this one, seems a bit to much of a difference. And that is, all I have($400).

It may be cheaper up front but as others have said countless times, it comes down to the quality of the seller and their support when you ultimately need them on an order or piece of equipment. For that peace of mind alone @EMPIRETECANDY would be the 1st choice for a number of us (myself included) for these purchases.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I completely agree with you, but I don't have enough money, so I have to take a chance, with somebody else(this time only). My next camera for the backyard, will be purchased from Andy.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd be careful of getting scammed. You don't know the seller. They're in a foreign country beyond reach. The price is almost too good to be true - if something is, it usually is. Also, consider even if you get what you're paying for, it might not be an EU / US model. If it's that much cheaper it could eg be made for the Chinese, Indian or Malaysian etc markets which could mean different functionality, language, menus. Even things such as motors could be different to withstand greater heat at the expense of being able to operate in the cold. I'd be very careful to fully verify what you think you're getting before buying and even then, there's no guarantee without a trade history, that what you're told matches what you're getting.

I appreciate your money situation, I'm short of money myself. However, sometimes it's better to save up a little extra. $200 saved in price is not better if it results in $400 lost. You might get lucky and gain. Alternatively, you could lose everything.

Last edited:

Tibor Makai

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did it.
I guess, I'm the real guinea pig here, not the op. :)

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Found out my sd card wasn’t recording when I needed to see some film of a suspicious car in the neighborhood it didn’t even show up as being installed in the camera so I power cycled it and all is good, looks like it stopped recording a week ago when we had the power go off and on a few times during a snow storm but now it’s recording fine, lost a week of recording but the camera function was normal at the time so I never checked the one most important reason we have cameras for
So I checked my sd card using the smart pss program on pc.. I was able to format the sd card and it's working again.. no changes were made to camera ..so if anyone is having sd card issues.. try the smartpss program

Tibor Makai

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My dash cam does this, once in a while. It let's me know about the issue, though. After I format it, it works again for months.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
So I checked my sd card using the smart pss program on pc.. I was able to format the sd card and it's working again.. no changes were made to camera ..so if anyone is having sd card issues.. try the smartpss program
So it looks as if you were having the same issues as I reported are seen with dashcams. Wonder if this is due to partitions being corrupted by retired sectors? Who knows. Interesting and useful to know that occasionally these cards need to be reformatted.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
We just had a power cut here and after checking everything as it's come back up the 59225 on latest firmware has lost half of it's settings.

Things like time zone config and NTP, OSD, IVS config etc all gone back to defaults yet some other settings such as user and network are all there.

Bizarrely the PTZ1A225U-IRA is also on the same firmware but that has come back as expected.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We just had a power cut here and after checking everything as it's come back up the 59225 on latest firmware has lost half of it's settings.

Things like time zone config and NTP, OSD, IVS config etc all gone back to defaults yet some other settings such as user and network are all there.

Bizarrely the PTZ1A225U-IRA is also on the same firmware but that has come back as expected.
Is this the only issue so far with the current firmware? Are you generally happy with the firmware?

Tibor Makai

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is the question, that the seller sent me:
hello dear,thanks for your order,please answer my question;
1 , can we send by DHL to you?for free ,it will arrivel about 3-5days
2 ,do you need us declare low price? how much?

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is this the only issue so far with the current firmware? Are you generally happy with the firmware?
Other than the power down issue yes it's definitely better for me as the admin interface doesn't crash when I'm using microSD storage :highfive:

I just jumped on the camera and realised that as soon as I recreated the Home position the IVS rules came back- strange!

I'm still seeing Blue Iris report higher disconnects for the 59225 than any other camera but it has to be something at this end specific to the 59225 as the PTZ1A225 isn't showing that problem. Hoping for some good weather and free time to play with that to flush it out :)

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
anyone having an issue with auto tracking zooming in way to far that its useless, I think it happened when I checked the facial recognition box to try it out noticed before it used to bracket and follow a car or person pretty good as far as zoom goes but even when I unchecked facial box it zooms in so far it cant track and just zooms into the ground or tree bark etc. tried a few reboots and running 6/2018 version just not really wanting to do a default setting thing