Review-IP Villa Outdoor Doorbell Station & Indoor Monitor Kit

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Pretty new with this. I got my vto and vth working.
Do you know if the vto records video with sound when somebody rings the bell?
I have the vto as doorbell installed in my dahua nvr. it records video of doorcam 24/7. In easy viewer pro i can see messages of when the doorbell was activated, but i cannot view a video of this moment?
See attachment: i would like to see a small video, when i select the message, so i can see who was at my door...

Am i missing something here?
Depending on your VTO type & NVR, this could work when pressing the button. On my VTO2000A however, it was not an option, so what I did was configure the VTO's channel to 24/7 record on the NVR. And yes, it does record all voices even when not pressing the ring button. You sometimes hear people effectively clearing their throat before pressing the button. Funny ;-)

But then indeed, you need to go into "replay" mode and to the timeslot when the button has been pressed. And then you can enjoy the show.

Good luck!
CC

bkruyver

n3wb
Reaction score
Depending on your VTO type & NVR, this could work when pressing the button. On my VTO2000A however, it was not an option, so what I did was configure the VTO's channel to 24/7 record on the NVR. And yes, it does record all voices even when not pressing the ring button. You sometimes hear people effectively clearing their throat before pressing the button. Funny ;-)

But then indeed, you need to go into "replay" mode and to the timeslot when the button has been pressed. And then you can enjoy the show.

Good luck!
CC

Thx, it is recording 24/7 now. To bad looking up the moment somebody rang the bell isn't mafe easy......

zilog

n3wb
Reaction score
I did create another post for this but thought I'd post here also as this seems to be the main thread for issues with the VTO2202F-P

My Dahua VTO had been faultless for a year, but suddenly stopped working. It was powered over PoE, and still draws power, but there’s no data connection.
I think it’s not booting properly though, because the tamper alarm etc doesn’t work - I can’t reset it either by pushing that button 5 times.
The left hand LED on the front is very bright, the right hand one flashes very dimly. No idea what that means!
Same result when tried from 2 different PoE switches, or when powered from the 12v pins on the back and connected to switches/router by non-PoE connection.
Any ideas on what’s wrong or how to troubleshoot? (Or is it just ** ) Have tried multiple configurations of known working cables/PoE ports etc already.

switchfoot

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Pretty new with this. I got my vto and vth working.
Do you know if the vto records video with sound when somebody rings the bell?
I have the vto as doorbell installed in my dahua nvr. it records video of doorcam 24/7. In easy viewer pro i can see messages of when the doorbell was activated, but i cannot view a video of this moment?
See attachment: i would like to see a small video, when i select the message, so i can see who was at my door...

Am i missing something here?

Hi! I'm looking to do exactly this-- and it almost seems to work, but doesn't. . I have a 32gb microSD card in my VTO, and the setting under "Basic" says something like "Automatically Record Calls" which I have checked, and after each call the SD card stats show that it's being recorded.

But the screwy part is that the files don't show up when I plug the SD card in. There will be the 30kb snapshot but no DAV. Even weirder, is if I scan the SD card with a file recovery app, it FINDS the DAV files. SO they're there-- but not showing up anywhere unless scanned?

Has anyone had anything close to this happen to them? Or is there anyone using an SD card to auto-record calls in a VTO and had it work correctly?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there a version 2.0 of this model?

Reaction score
@bkruyver See this thread to connect a mechanical, traditional, doorbell. It's not difficult but does take soldering skill.