Review-OEM IPC-T3241-ZAS 2mp AI Lite series Varifocal

chip_

n3wb
Reaction score
I just got this in the mail today and hooked it up to my POE switch but it doesn't seem to be getting power from what I can tell.

My other test camera works on the same cable.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unplug the other cams and try again. Switches only give out so many wattage and your might be over the limit. Ports also go out. So try a few different power methods and see if it fires up. Should here the IR filter click and then take in dark location and see the IR red glow.

chip_

n3wb
Reaction score
Same cable/port works on the other test camera. Tried a few different ports and nothing.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Try a 12VDC, 1 amp, wall wart and see if it powers up that way. I've got a 5442 that won't power from PoE but works fine with 12VDC. I'm wondering if they have a batch of bad PoE boards or something.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Sure, 1Amp is minimum output, 2AMPS will give you more headroom. As long as it's 12VDC, the barrel connector is the right size and the polarity is correct you're good to go.

chip_

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes through Amazon though. I just shot him a conversation to see if I can get one by the weekend as my plan was to test a bunch over the weekend as don't have a lot of time during the week.

chip_

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok I feel like a tool as I thought this was plug/play I have the config tool running and it sees the device but when I try to turn on DHCP it fails with password error

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did it prompt you to set a user and password when it first fired up?

Can you do anything else with the camera or is it immediately asking for the password?

It is better to not use DHCP but instead go into the network setting on the camera and manually enter the IP address YOU assign to the camera.

chip_

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok so a few quick questions -
1 - What is the latest firmware for this device?
2 - A good suggestion place to look for settings to start with on the camera and tweak from there. I realize everyones setup is different but what's a good starting point?

Thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
hey guys

the latest SMD 3.0 firmware for this IPC-T3241T-ZAS has been updated on this link. Welcome to make updating!