Review-OEM IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam

Reaction score
Strange, I get straight to the login page when I click the link. Can't speak for others, but I found updates for both my cameras that I haven't been able to find when searching here and asking Andy. Maybe others are that lucky as well.

Edit: in any event, the firmware I found for T5241H-AS-PV was newer than the one I had on the camera and I haven't seen that firmware update mentioned anywhere else on here, at least not in direct connection with that model.

Edit again: if the link to the download page doesn't work, try logging in from instead.
I also looked at the firmware available on that site, and much of it, especially for PTZ'S is older, like 2017 or 2018 versions.

Your new link comes up with this:
Server404Error.JPG

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also looked at the firmware available on that site, and much of it, especially for PTZ'S is older, like 2017 or 2018 versions.

Your new link comes up with this:
View attachment 53010
Ok, good to know, but perhaps someone is helped by it just like I was.

In regards to the link, are you saying that when you go to you do not get the picture attached? Weird, if so. Just tried it, I get the login page.
12410EC8-E4C1-4DCF-A87E-E42BA0BC571F.jpeg

Reaction score

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Must be blocked from US. I fired up my TOR browser with the guard as Germany and it worked.
There we have it then. Those familiar with Dahua can maybe explain why they think that's a good approach. Not sure if it's a PAL/NTSC thing or that they want to keep support compartmentalised for whatever reason. Those of you outside Europe/China can access it with VPN/TOR services then, if you can't get your firmware updates somewhere else.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do these cameras have an app similar to hik-connect where it will send you a picture of the triggered alarm without any sd card or NVR connected.

I found that a very handy setting/app for hik cameras.

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Newsflash: as I was browsing the /images/Firmware directory of dahuawiki.com, I just noticed that there seems to be a new firmware update to this camera, 2.800.0000000.10.R dated 2019-11-18 (uploaded Dec 30, 2019): DH_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_M..>. Couldn't see it mentioned in Andy's subforum. I just applied the update without problems, but as usual I/we don't know what's updated due to lack of documentation. I'm still crossing my fingers that the damn AI algorithm is updated to trigger on Humans only as the setting is, so my alarm doesn't sound on cats and deer. I think the previous update, 8.R, might have fixed the cat problem - or maybe there haven't been any cats around - but I still got a deer tripping the tripwire though Effective object was set to Human.

Now, if you could only subscribe to the firmware updates so you know when they arrive..

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got this camera a few days ago off Andy and its at that firmware version. I have a few cats over the road so hope they don't trigger the 10x alarm.

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got this camera a few days ago off Andy and its at that firmware version. I have a few cats over the road so hope they don't trigger the 10x alarm.
If you have neighbours, my advice would be that you test without the alarm sound for a bit, until you're sure. I got this camera specifically to filter out humans only and to sound the alarm when people get too close to where I don't want people, but it hasn't quite lived up to those expectations yet.

Last edited:

spenser911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Newsflash: as I was browsing the /images/Firmware directory of dahuawiki.com, I just noticed that there seems to be a new firmware update to this camera, 2.800.0000000.10.R dated 2019-11-18 (uploaded Dec 30, 2019): DH_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_M..>. Couldn't see it mentioned in Andy's subforum. I just applied the update without problems, but as usual I/we don't know what's updated due to lack of documentation. I'm still crossing my fingers that the damn AI algorithm is updated to trigger on Humans only as the setting is, so my alarm doesn't sound on cats and deer. I think the previous update, 8.R, might have fixed the cat problem - or maybe there haven't been any cats around - but I still got a deer tripping the tripwire though Effective object was set to Human.

Now, if you could only subscribe to the firmware updates so you know when they arrive..
8.r is definitely still triggering on cats - We have this mounted at a gym here in California and these cats set it off 4-5 times every single night (driving the owner crazy) Will test this tonight and report back.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
8.r is definitely still triggering on cats - We have this mounted at a gym here in California and these cats set it off 4-5 times every single night (driving the owner crazy) Will test this tonight and report back.
Yes got my first cat alarm last night.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes

System Version V2.800.0000000.10.R, Build Date: 2019-11-18

WEB Version V3.2.1.817187

ONVIF Version 18.12(V2.4.5.800245)

S/N 5L12J8FEB1D2094

Algorithm Version 1.0.0

Security Baseline Version V2.0

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes

System Version V2.800.0000000.10.R, Build Date: 2019-11-18

WEB Version V3.2.1.817187

ONVIF Version 18.12(V2.4.5.800245)

S/N 5L12J8FEB1D2094

Algorithm Version 1.0.0

Security Baseline Version V2.0
It sucks that we can’t give feedback to or hear from Dahua. I cannot use the Active Deterrence function (which, again, was the reason I bought the cam) properly until the “AI” gets fixed.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you work with Andy he should be able to pass feedback along to Dahua. They seem to have worked with him on the missing "Smart IR" feature that folks were complaining about in the 5442 threads.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It sucks that we can’t give feedback to or hear from Dahua. I cannot use the Active Deterrence function (which, again, was the reason I bought the cam) properly until the “AI” gets fixed.
Have you tried with the minimum size and pixel setting?