Review-OEM IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Might be better then to purchase an NVR dedicated to those smart motion detect features

Right, I'm running all those functions directly on the camera rather than on a NVR. That probably doesn't help the camera load.

I just noticed I had left "Motion Detection" on in the camera and turned it off. Let's see how this plays out, but at least the ping replies went from ~300 ms every second ping to consistently 4-8 ms like it should be. When ping replies take so long that they did previously, it tells me that the camera is up to such heavy processing that the IP stack – and probably other applications – lags behind. At least if you know that your network connections are okay.

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This camera came in very handy today. I had a dishwasher delivered, which turned out to be damaged.:angry:
Still taken from video and zoomed in shows damage ( easier to see once you've seen it unpacked) to dishwasher as it is being delivered.
So no problems with video quality from this camera.

Supplier instantly arranged delivery of replacement for next day.:)
damaged dishwasher_LI.jpg

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Did their malpractice trigger the siren?

This camera came in very handy today. I had a dishwasher delivered, which turned out to be damaged.:angry:
Still taken from video and zoomed in shows damage ( easier to see once you've seen it unpacked) to dishwasher as it is being delivered.
So no problems with video quality from this camera.

Supplier instantly arranged delivery of replacement for next day.:)
View attachment 48634

immageek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I like the idea of this camera for my front porch but it looks like this one has the same issue as the 4MP and SmartIR not working, am I correct? Has there been a firmware update that resolves this?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I like the idea of this camera for my front porch but it looks like this one has the same issue as the 4MP and SmartIR not working, am I correct? Has there been a firmware update that resolves this?
Most likely a similar fix is already in the works for this one as well. Hopefully Andy can shed some light on the status @EMPIRETECANDY

immageek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The fixed lens already sorted the Auto IR issues. This model's firmware still not finish the updating.
Pardon my ignorance, but do you mean that they're still working on the firmware to fix this? In this review for the fixed lens it has the SmartIR issue from what I can see in the videos.

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think this camera is really very good for the money.
I have several of them up, and so far they have performed very well. I find the IVS tripwire and intrusion rules work as intended, LED light and sound alarm can be controlled as required.

Below example shows IVS in action for this camera.
Intrusion calling PTZ camera, and tripwire for Drive area.

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looney, Do you have any videos of the two way talk in action? I'm discussing with Andy purchasing this camera for my new setup and I want to make sure this fits my needs (I tried searching youtube too)
Hi, I'm Obviously not Looney,
But Here is an example of 2Way Talk in operation, And it is a very fitting example as the DHL delivery man is carrying more Goodies from Andy :D :D

immageek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Obviously not Looney,
But Here is an example of 2Way Talk in operation, And it is a very fitting example as the DHL delivery man is carrying more Goodies from Andy :D :D

What software are you using in these 2 videos?

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What software are you using in these 2 videos?
I use a NVR5216-16P-I
V4.000.0000000.1 2019-08-19
For recording and extra AI features (ie face recognition) and
T5241H-AS-PV cam
V2.800.0000000.3 2019-07-19

All from Andy.
Really pleased with NVR and cameras.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
That is one premium you paid for the NVR :winktongue::wow:
If you can a post a review for that model, that'd be greatly appreciated for the ipcamtalk community
Any reason why you didn't opt for the 4216-I instead?
I use a NVR5216-16P-I
V4.000.0000000.1 2019-08-19
For recording and extra AI features (ie face recognition) and
T5241H-AS-PV cam
V2.800.0000000.3 2019-07-19

All from Andy.
Really pleased with NVR and cameras.

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is one premium you paid for the NVR :winktongue::wow:
If you can a post a review for that model, that'd be greatly appreciated for the ipcamtalk community
Any reason why you didn't opt for the 4216-I instead?
After returning 2 camera systems because they were cr*p, I found this Fantastic forum:), LOT's & LOT's of reading later, I then Knew what I needed and where to get it.

I went for this NVR5216-16P-I , because (from Andy) I thought it to be good value for money for a long list of features, Including face recognition on 4 channels, and more.
Ease of Installation compared to setting up a BI system also was a factor, It literally was plug and play.

Unlike 4216-I review, I had no problems with initial set up, all cameras plugged in 1 at a time and found quite quickly.
Took quite a bit longer for me to work out the settings. A lot of trail and error. I still don't know what they all do.

I will put together a review the best I can, but please don't expect it to be on par with what your used to from the likes of Looney.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, I believe @looney2ns only had a problem setting up that one specific camera model with the 4216-I as per his review.

5216-
· 16 Channel IP video access
· Smart H.265+/H.265/Smart H.264+/H.264/MJPEG
· Up to 16 Channel perimeter protection
· Up to 4 Channel video stream face recognition
· Up to 24 face pictures /sec processing
· Up to 20 face databases with 100,000 face images in total
. 1-8 PoE Ports support ePoE & EoC

4216-
· 16 Channel IP video access
· Smart H.265+/H.265/Smart H.264+/H.264/MJPEG
· Up to 4 Channel perimeter protection
· Up to 2 Channel video stream face recognition/8 channel
picture stream face recognition ( with FD camera)
· Up to 12 face pictures /sec processing
· Up to 10 face databases with 20,000 face images in total

After returning 2 camera systems because they were cr*p, I found this Fantastic forum:), LOT's & LOT's of reading later, I then Knew what I needed and where to get it.

I went for this NVR5216-16P-I , because (from Andy) I thought it to be good value for money for a long list of features, Including face recognition on 4 channels, and more.
Ease of Installation compared to setting up a BI system also was a factor, It literally was plug and play.

Unlike 4216-I review, I had no problems with initial set up, all cameras plugged in 1 at a time and found quite quickly.
Took quite a bit longer for me to work out the settings. A lot of trail and error. I still don't know what they all do.

I will put together a review the best I can, but please don't expect it to be on par with what your used to from the likes of Looney.

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I never went through all the differences between the 2 models, But If you say they're virtually the same, then there's no point me doing a review. It certainly would not be as good as Looneys reviews, I've read a lot of his and they're great.
Unlike most of you guys, I'm quite new to this,
So, After spending a huge amount of time reading and learning about different IPcameras, VPN servers & openVPN, Not Port forwarding etc, and countless other important points (All of which I learned from this forum),
I thought my brain needed a rest :eek: , so I went for the easy poe option.
If it cost me a bit more, well at least my sanity is in tact :brainfart: I think ?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I never went through all the differences between the 2 models, But If you say they're virtually the same, then there's no point me doing a review. It certainly would not be as good as Looneys reviews, I've read a lot of his and they're great.
Unlike most of you guys, I'm quite new to this,
So, After spending a huge amount of time reading and learning about different IPcameras, VPN servers & openVPN, Not Port forwarding etc, and countless other important points (All of which I learned from this forum),
I thought my brain needed a rest :eek: , so I went for the easy poe option.
If it cost me a bit more, well at least my sanity is in tact :brainfart: I think ?
Hey Steveee, Would it be possible to take a snapshot of the NVR with the hood off so we can see the board inside, would like to compare the two.
Thanks
Chris