Review - TOP-201 Super Mini 720P HD IP-Cam (The Cheapest IP Cam So Far !!)

d00k

n3wb
Reaction score
Just go to ebay.com and type "mini nvr" in search field. They are available in 4 & 8 channels.

You can also see how it works here:

Tomasz72

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it possible to record audio with this device? (and connect audio stream with any video stream together?) Is it possible to record 8 hd video streams simultaneously?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it possible to record audio with this device? (and connect audio stream with any video stream together?) Is it possible to record 8 hd video streams simultaneously?
Time for a reality check Tomasz72...for $50.00 + HDD...if it could accomplish that...how well do you believe the performance would be?

Not too good IMO.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

d00k

n3wb
Reaction score
Tbh. I've only used it with record on motion detection in 720P, so rarely all cameras at once, but there has been no problems with 4 cameras connected. I don't think there will be with 8 cameras either. About the audio, I think it is possible, I don't have microphone in my cams so can't verify. I'd recommend to use seagate or samsung usb3.0 2.5" external HD if usb powered.

Tomasz72

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Im not sure. Just asking. now i have old CCTV PAL now surveillance system, and device must encoding (4 cameras) pal to mpeg, and save to disk. As I know, top201 camera produce h264 stream, so mentioned before NVR should only save to disk, without encoding. Right?

d00k

n3wb
Reaction score
I am fairly certain it will just save the h.264 stream directly to disc, obviously it is decoded to screen output aswell, and in that case it handles 8 cameras realtime.

Tomasz72

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
short: I cant connect iSpy and top201 cameras in hd mode in windows XP
long story: I try to follow steps from post #816, on i7, windows7 computer,and everything working prefect. But on athlon 2x and windows xp not working. iSpy cant find onvif camera. I noticed even not try find anything, because after I press "search" button, network icon not blinking. If I try ping camera ip address - 100% send and received and network icon blinking. Why iSpy even not try find camera on windows xp? I can not explore cameras using Internet Explorer and activeX. I can install (after some security modification) but IE prevent to run (after installing!) script, because "untrusted publisher"...
If iSpy is connected with camera with VLC assistance, two athlon cores are 70-90% loaded with only one camera. without vlc, in 320.. mode, works fine, but in hd mode I have green screen as described in #815
Why I have problems with Windows XP? Why iSpy cant find onvif cameras in XP? Help me please

ebaycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i have my camera`s connected to my network, and have added to my SYNOLOGY server, but most of the time disconectted. OK, so i connected to my PC and have recorded with the default program that comes with the camera. That didnt work either!!! disconnected many times!!! i have also on my ipad the app: ip cam viewer pro and have added there the camera, and many times loses the connection!!! BLUE IRIS is that the solution???? or have you guys running it with the default program? i have 4 camera`s running now. but not recording!!! I have always had AIRLIVE OD325HD that are always working fine. so what is the solution????

UPDATE:

i can now view the 4 camera`s in the next solution:

Ip camviewer pro on 1 device
blue iris on 1 pc
the original program of the camera on 1 device

if i view it on 1 more extra device the camera reboots every time, so just you knowing guys!
iam glad that is working fine now!!!

i just have installed the demo of BLUE IRIS and it working great!!! better then my synology station.

But 1 negative point:

*Always running on a thin client/pc/laptop to recording the camera`s Costing more energy then my SYNOLOGY server!!!!!

UPDATE 2:

on my SYNOLOGY server it running now good, but sometimes he doesnt record. But that problem is with the most camera`s on my server.
I can not select the record motion. settings are now that the motion detect by my server. from the camera itself is very strange settings!!! and doesnt work with the server i guess

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeS

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello together,

is it possible to post al link to the actual firmware?

thanks
JoeS

Tomasz72

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would like to see change list new firmware. Let me know, new firmware gives to us new features or fix any bugs?

ebaycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes indeed, where can you download new firmware????

JoeS

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

is it possible to post the links to actual firmware and software to the 1. Post of this thread?
I do not want so visit all 55 Pages of this thread

Thx

t_i_t_o

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have one of these cameras bundled with an WiFi module.
Initially I had two problems:
1. The wifi worked only for channels 1-11, but I fix that unpacking the cramfs file system of the cam, put "iwpriv set CountryRegion=5" command in one script file, repacked and flashed back the image, now the cam's wifi module works on 1-14 wifi channels.
2. Snapshots sent to email and FTP are only 720x576 pixels. Is there any way to make it full sensor resolution 1280x720? I tried changing some internal camera config files (CustomConfig/AVconfig changed D1 to 720p) but it did not work. There must be a way to change the snapshot resolution!!! The worst case could be if it is hardcoded in the Sofia app.
Does anyone know the format of the config files in the Json folder of the cam?

MistaBeak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've had one of these running for about a month now. No Problems .Sharper image than my much more expensive Foscams. I have it outdoors under a soffit inside a plywood box with a peep hole. Only glitch is I can't figure out how to remove the overlay graphics like the time date stamp and camera name. Doesn't appear to be an option in the software.

ebaycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've had one of these running for about a month now. No Problems .Sharper image than my much more expensive Foscams. I have it outdoors under a soffit inside a plywood box with a peep hole. Only glitch is I can't figure out how to remove the overlay graphics like the time date stamp and camera name. Doesn't appear to be an option in the software.

go to xmeye.net and register yourself. Then add your camera there after that go to deviceCFG, GUI display, and on the bottom you see:time title and channel title. uncheck that and you have full image :D

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've also been looking through the thread for appropriate lenses. Needing a 2.8-2.5 maybe for a front door cam. Thought I'd seen somewhere one of the GoPro lenses would fit. Maybe saw that on an Amazon review.