Review - TOP-201 Super Mini 720P HD IP-Cam (The Cheapest IP Cam So Far !!)

Discussion in 'IP Cameras' started by lojix, Dec 13, 2014.

Share This Page

1. alastairstevenson

alastairstevenson Staff Member

No, not correct, for a regulated power supply.
    I do think you need to blame the power supply and not the cameras, if that's what you've powered them with. It's a pretty big overload.

2. t_i_t_o

t_i_t_o n3wb

1. Start NFS server on your PC (FreeNFS for Windows works too)
    2. Log in to your cam using telnet and mount one folder to the NFS like this: mount -t nfs -o nolock 192.168.1.132:/ /tmp/mnt/
    3. "dd" all /dev/mtd parts to the NFS folder. Later all these images can be used to unbrick the cam.
    4. Use sudo unsquashfs -d 2 2.bin to unpack an image named 2.bin
    5. Modify desirred files.
    6. Use sudo mksquashfs 2/ 2.sqf -all-root -b 262144 -no-xattrs -comp xz to pack it back.
    7. Start some TFTP server and copy the file to its root dir.
    8. Connect to your cam using the UART interface, reboot it and hit CTRL+C quickly to enter U-boot command line.
    9. Setup the IP settings - ipaddr and serverip.
    10. Use the following to flash back the modified image:
    sf probe 0
    sf erase 0x3B0000 0x280000
    tftp 0x82000000 2.sqf
    sf write 0x82000000 0x3B0000 0x240000
    11. Reboot cam and test your changes.

Config files are not text, but binary. Using the Sofia command line you can translate it to text based and see settings, but could not find a way to get them back to binary. I am not sure if you erase the binary version, will sofia read the text based.

1458 likes this.
  3. 1458

1458 n3wb

Thank you very much for your comprehensive guide.
    But bad things happen - i've recently upgraded firmware (dated Nov-2015) and there is no working telnet anymore, only 9527 interface works. So now i'm looking for a way to flash only part of firmware via web-interface or CMS. I'm pretty sure i saw how to do that somewhere on Internet, but i can't find it now.

They are just zip-compressed archives (or tar, can't remember correctly). I opened them using 7zip archive manager on Windows.
    To edit JSON stuff, online tools like that: http://json.parser.online.fr/ look very handy.
    Then you need to pack files back to zip format.

4. djdonatas

djdonatas n3wb

Hi everyone, I'v read all 58 pages but cant find similar problem
    First of all i have ip camera with IR and wifi
    Here's firmware, that i have inside
    cam1.jpg

What i need:
    BEST: I need that camera could upload image to FTP every XX seconds
    I COULD LEAVE WITH THAT: Camera upload image to FTP when motion detected.

I've read tutorial, setup everything same - but camera upload only 2 images after restart and that's it (with motion detection)
    Here's my settings, i've tested many combinations but still it doesnt work
    cam2.jpg

Looks like everything setup right, also it connects to ftp, created folders - uploads 2 images after camera reboot and after that - nothing, in CMS camera looks OK, i can see picature, login to setting, read log, everything working, but it stops uploading pics to ftp =\
    Please help, Thanks!

Answer:
    RTFM Dont upgrade to latest firmware!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2015
  5. bls

bls Young grasshopper

I published a web page in the past with info about a mic that I found worked fairly good for IPC board cameras that require line-level audio, but the source sold out very quickly and several have written asking if I knew of any other mic's that may work. I needed a few more myself but made the mistake of publishing the web page before ordering more so I've had to start all over and look for other mic's to try. Anyway, I finally found time to do that and order some more inexpensive mic's from China to try which I've been busy modifying to make work with my board cameras that require line-level audio and have just finished publishing all the details at http://ve6sbs.sbszoo.com/projects/ipcam_mics/mics.htm for those still wanting/needing mic's for their cameras.

And a heads up for those that like to build their cameras like I do, I will be publishing a few more web pages hopefully before the end of January with info about the camera boards I've been using, my home brew camera enclosures and a few other things that one will be able find by visiting http://ve6sbs.sbszoo.com/.

Barry

6. Tomasz72

Tomasz72 Young grasshopper

Hello. Did you check other cheap microphones? For example this one:
    http://tinyurl.com/gowdqpt

is it possible to recover microphone (and amplifier) form antiquated device like tape recorder or telephone?
    regards

7. bls

bls Young grasshopper

From the photo that one has has a transistor or FET amp so wouldn't work. You need one that has an IC op-amp for enough gain and, even then, most are made to work with consumer equipment for which line-level is only 0.316Vrms and IPC camera boards require an audio level of 2V so they need to be modified for more gain. I have a box full of the type shown in your link that were removed from old equipment, but have never found one with an op-amp on a small PCB like that in old equipment.

8. nkoul

nkoul n3wb

hi
    do you know how can access r12.00006510 with domain name?
    [​IMG]
    thanks

9. nkoul

nkoul n3wb

hi
    [​IMG]
    thanks

10. Mira80

Mira80 n3wb

Hello, Im a new owner of this camera. Please, have this camera function to periodicaly store image (for ex. every 5 minutes) on FTP server ? Thank you

11. nkoul

nkoul n3wb

hi

12. Douwe

Douwe n3wb

Hello there.

My name is Douwe en i am new on this place.
    i am a dutchman and mij English is verry bad.
    I am sorry ....

i have a quastion about mij ip-cam who i bought on geek.
    its a cheap ip-camara with the type AP003.
    i did an firmware upgrade but now is missing my wifi settings on the tab Settings --> Systems --> Netservice.
    it was standing between FTP en AlarmServer.

I tried many upgrades but nothing helps.

Please who can help me ?

112.png 113.jpg

111.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2016
  13. badmop

badmop Getting the hang of it

My guess would be can you downgrade to the firmware you had? The firmware you used was probably for a model that does NOT have wifi hardware, so it was not included in the firmware.
    If you can't downgrade, look for another firmware that may have WIFI included.

14. LittleScoobyMaster

LittleScoobyMaster Getting the hang of it

Many Hikvision cameras allow you to disable the IR lights for people who want to place them in windows. I use that feature on the Hiks all the time. Anyone know if this TOP-201 with IR lights has an IR Light disable feature on the web interface?

15. Douwe

Douwe n3wb

HeyI can not downgrade the firmware.I tried to find the right firmware , but that's still not succeeded.The problem arose when an upgrade crashed.who can tell me something more about possible here .I will be very grateful to you .

16. gordo

gordo Getting the hang of it

Go to my post in this thread #858 for the reset tool. Be sure and replace xx with tt in the link.

17. Douwe

Douwe n3wb

Okay thanks for the info , but I still have not solved the problem.I've already been in contact with several Chinese manufacturers / suppliers but they will send no recent firmware.pity that they did not cooperate.Wifi is still not in the NetService tab.Sincerely, Douwewritten with Google translate

18. jfjesus99

jfjesus99 n3wb

Hello Tommi,

I'm Jefferson from Brazil and I have exactly the same error when I try to configure my gmail account on smtp settings....

My version is :
    ver ---- V4.02.R11.00031114, [000 31 114]
    Version: V4.02.R11.00031114.12001.140600, BuildTime: 12-11-2015 14:29:28

I also tried to create an account in another smtp server (like smtp2go.com) but it did not worked too...

I created a local smtp server on my notebook and using port 25 without secure it worked, so, the problem is only with gmail.
    I also tried my account yahoo and it did not worked :mad-new:

Do you know some smtp server on internet that does not require ssl or tls?

King regards

19. Stef

Stef n3wb

I don't know about Tommi but I haven't found one yet (and I have tried a bunch). So I am just waiting for a firmware update.

20. jfjesus99

jfjesus99 n3wb

Thanks mate! I am new at this subject of DVR and IP cams. I downloaded my last firmware in a Chinese site after a lot of time surfing and searching on the Internet. Cold you tell me the official site that I can follow and always check for new firmwares?

Kind Regards