Review - TOP-201 Super Mini 720P HD IP-Cam (The Cheapest IP Cam So Far !!)

ebaycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
"If anyone needs to have a soft gmail works and wifi !!![/SIZE][/COLOR]
General_MHKWIFI_IPC_HI3518E_50H10L_S38_RT3070_V4.0 2.R12.Nat.OnvifS.20160604_ALL.bin"

weź napisz po polsku o co Ci chodzi, to spróbuje przetłumaczyć
Please keep it english

Tomasz72

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Im not sure what does hi want, so I ask him to describe problem in Polish language, and I try translate....

Tomasz72

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes. Search (camera) - not work, device hang up (samsung s4). manual add - not work, because I can not chose camera type, producer, model. qr code works well. I have few-digits-code scanned from camera, to access camera via cloud... but which cloud? top201 and sricam has different clouds. manualy typed IP address and port - device unavailable. Now I have not time to learn how configure this porgram. maby after few months, not now.

ebaycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes. Search (camera) - not work, device hang up (samsung s4). manual add - not work, because I can not chose camera type, producer, model. qr code works well. I have few-digits-code scanned from camera, to access camera via cloud... but which cloud? top201 and sricam has different clouds. manualy typed IP address and port - device unavailable. Now I have not time to learn how configure this porgram. maby after few months, not now.
add camera:
Vmeyesuper
device list
+
ip: ip of the camera
user name
password
channel 1
ok
back
live preview
you see now the camera, otherwise you click on the + and then you can select camera, you see camera01

simple as that! i have add user in CMS because it not working with the ADMIN account! it works, but lose connection and reboot camera
so for each device i have an user. To do this follow this steps:

open CMS
open the camera
right click on the camera screen
device config
advanced
account
add user
use group admin for the admin rights

cdhawk

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone have the update.img file for these cams. Trying to unbrick one from a bad firmware update.

Thanks

cyanno

n3wb
Reaction score
I´m trying to configure a top 201 camera next to 3 wansview using a synology station. Access with the Wansview is granted, but I have serious problems to save any stream coming from the 201 either on my normal drives or on the synology.
Just a question: is it possible to save the 201 streams?

Thx for an answer

Cyanno

expo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all you smart people.

I'm hoping someone can help me to assist my neighbour an 85 year old who is experiencing various mysterious losses at her address. The short story is that she is very frail and has lots of people coming into her house to assist; carers, nurses, social workers and general visitors. Sadly, some of these people have been taking advantage of her and over the last 2 years, she's had money, jewelry, household equipment and other property stolen from her house. A few of us are naturally quite upset about it as she wouldn't hurt a fly and no one should take advantage of her like that. The police hasn't been of much help and the lady herself is also not too keen on confronting those she suspects of being behind these losses as she not the police have any evidence.

I chanced upon your this great website in my own search for an ip camera and after reading this particular thread a though occurred to me that I could help this lady by having a camera installed for her. I've run this by her and she's happy with it, though she hasn't got the funds. I've decided to do it from my own pocket though I also have a baby on the way so money's tight.

So my question is this: is it possible to purchase one of these discrete TOP-201 cameras and install for under £50? Ideally, we are looking for a system which she can record at her own house and also possibly view remotely when she's at bingo and that sort of thing. If £50 isn't realistic, what's the bare minimum required for this kind of setup?

Sorry for the long winded message. Any help will be deeply appreciated

ebaycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I´m trying to configure a top 201 camera next to 3 wansview using a synology station. Access with the Wansview is granted, but I have serious problems to save any stream coming from the 201 either on my normal drives or on the synology.
Just a question: is it possible to save the 201 streams?

Thx for an answer

Cyanno

i have too synology servers with top-201 camera`s
Just do this:

go to surveillance station
add ip camera
ip adres camera
port: 8899
brand: onvif
model: generic onvif
username
password
DONE

i have with detection (surveilance station) sensivity: 99 and the other setting 3
but that is just trying. you can also let the camera do detection! but i preffer surveilance station

Willi

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I have tried it.
SMTP gmail works again but WiFi is gone.
My camera:

Gmail works!!!
Wifi works!!!

but I had to reset the camera with serial connection (over usb)...
otherwise there was no connection (LAN & WIFI)

Thanks!
Willi

ebaycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all you smart people.

I'm hoping someone can help me to assist my neighbour an 85 year old who is experiencing various mysterious losses at her address. The short story is that she is very frail and has lots of people coming into her house to assist; carers, nurses, social workers and general visitors. Sadly, some of these people have been taking advantage of her and over the last 2 years, she's had money, jewelry, household equipment and other property stolen from her house. A few of us are naturally quite upset about it as she wouldn't hurt a fly and no one should take advantage of her like that. The police hasn't been of much help and the lady herself is also not too keen on confronting those she suspects of being behind these losses as she not the police have any evidence.

I chanced upon your this great website in my own search for an ip camera and after reading this particular thread a though occurred to me that I could help this lady by having a camera installed for her. I've run this by her and she's happy with it, though she hasn't got the funds. I've decided to do it from my own pocket though I also have a baby on the way so money's tight.

So my question is this: is it possible to purchase one of these discrete TOP-201 cameras and install for under £50? Ideally, we are looking for a system which she can record at her own house and also possibly view remotely when she's at bingo and that sort of thing. If £50 isn't realistic, what's the bare minimum required for this kind of setup?

Sorry for the long winded message. Any help will be deeply appreciated
CAMERA $25.38
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Top-201-IR-H-264-1MP-Super-Mini-Network-IP-Camera-Home-RTSP-TCP-IP-Night-Vision-/301712364795?hash=item463f7554fb:g:eKsAAOSwsB9V-29g

RECORDER/REMOTE VIEW $29,90
http://www.ebay.com/itm/H-264-4CH-Mini-NVR-1080P-720P-ONVIF-CCTV-Network-Video-Recorder-HDMI-VGA-ONVIF-/182062901722?hash=item2a63cb69da:g:hWkAAOSwmtJXUUQ-

you must have network cable from camera to modem/router
12v/1a power supply for the camera
set the port open to internet and you can remote view the camera
connect a hdmi/vga monitor to the recorder and you can view the camera`s on a big screen in home

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

expo

n3wb
Reaction score
CAMERA $25.38
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Top-201-IR-H-264-1MP-Super-Mini-Network-IP-Camera-Home-RTSP-TCP-IP-Night-Vision-/301712364795?hash=item463f7554fb:g:eKsAAOSwsB9V-29g

RECORDER/REMOTE VIEW $29,90
http://www.ebay.com/itm/H-264-4CH-Mini-NVR-1080P-720P-ONVIF-CCTV-Network-Video-Recorder-HDMI-VGA-ONVIF-/182062901722?hash=item2a63cb69da:g:hWkAAOSwmtJXUUQ-

you must have network cable from camera to modem/router
12v/1a power supply for the camera
set the port open to internet and you can remote view the camera
connect a hdmi/vga monitor to the recorder and you can view the camera`s on a big screen in home

Fantastic, pal! I truly appreciate this. Just out of curiosity if I managed to buy two of the cameras will I then require two ports on the back of the router and two of the recorder / remote view boxes?
Also, will this camera work outdoors (if adequately protected etc) I'm thinking of installing one at the entrance of the property and one in her lounge. I've just spoken with her daughter and she said she'll also chip in another £50. Thanks once again.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ebaycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fantastic, pal! I truly appreciate this. Just out of curiosity if I managed to buy two of the cameras will I then require two ports on the back of the router and two of the recorder / remote view boxes?
Also, will this camera work outdoors (if adequately protected etc) I'm thinking of installing one at the entrance of the property and one in her lounge. I've just spoken with her daughter and she said she'll also chip in another £50. Thanks once again.
yes you need 2 port`s on the router, or use a switch i you have no more ports. on the recorder it only need 1 lan cable to the router. This camera will works outdoors if you set the port of the recorder open in the modem/router.

expo

n3wb
Reaction score
Brilliant. I'll get them ordered now and may be in touch again for help with setting them up. There's quite a lot of information here already and I'll be reading as much as possible while waiting for the cameras from China. Truly appreciate your help as it all seemed a bit confusing at first.

ebaycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Brilliant. I'll get them ordered now and may be in touch again for help with setting them up. There's quite a lot of information here already and I'll be reading as much as possible while waiting for the cameras from China. Truly appreciate your help as it all seemed a bit confusing at first.

nice to help you. Iam dutch, where are you from?

expo

n3wb
Reaction score
Brit from the UK, pal. Sorry for the shitty vote by my fellow Brits two days ago. Many of us love our European amigos.