Review - TOP-201 Super Mini 720P HD IP-Cam (The Cheapest IP Cam So Far !!)

gmFalka

n3wb
Reaction score
Got my replacement TOP-201 today. Couple things:
  1. It won't accept a new password for the camera. Should I be trying to change this somewhere besides CMS?
  2. The CCD seems to have smudges on it...before I send it back, can they be cleaned off? I tried swapping lenses and still had the same smudges appear.
  3. Has anyone tried putting a lower amperage power supply on it...say a .5 amp and tried running via USB power?

---------------
EDIT - Managed to finally changed the password on the camera...had to go through a different level of Device Config...very weird...

Hello!

I have the same problem.. the default config windows fails to change the username/pw. Where is that "different config" tab you mentioned. :redface-new:

Thank you!

EDIT - This video helped me! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to_wHcteG6Q&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by a moderator:

Ingmill

n3wb
Reaction score
I got my top-201 today and changed the IP and media port(554) also added 2 users. after restarting the camera I get a "Login Timeout" error. I have run out of things to try to get around this. and thought or fixes for this?

Thans for any help

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This thread is old now in the ip camera realm.I would be searching for the newer cameras by now with higher resolution and better hardware boys. Also cheaper by now too!

Esper

n3wb
Reaction score
i bought it for fun :) first one, small and like for POE/720p for less than 30$ isnt bad :) just now i am starting with all this configuration etc :]

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
By any chance does flashing the Top-201 to the latest firmware change the telnet password for the port 9527 access? (I've seen this happen with other cameras where the manufactures do this for security reasons). Tried defaulting the accounts of the camera back and that works for the webUI but doesn't seem to for telnet on 9527. I used to be able to telnet just fine to this camera. I thought it was admin with a blank password for telnet. Is that correct? thanks

bbdom

n3wb
Reaction score
I've just had a play with one of the cameras I purchased from Banggood - it has a lovely picture but for some reason is rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. The time and date are in the right place, aspect ratio is correct but the whole image is rotated.

Very strange !

ebaycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
use the default software CMS. You can change it. right click on camera, device config and then you look for the settings

ebaycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
use the default software CMS. You can change it. right click on camera, device config and then you look for the settings
Hello there.

My name is Douwe en i am new on this place.
i am a dutchman and mij English is verry bad.
I am sorry ....

i have a quastion about mij ip-cam who i bought on geek.
its a cheap ip-camara with the type AP003.
i did an firmware upgrade but now is missing my wifi settings on the tab Settings --> Systems --> Netservice.
it was standing between FTP en AlarmServer.

I tried many upgrades but nothing helps.

Please who can help me ?

View attachment 7403View attachment 7404

View attachment 7402
heey douwe bob nog gelukt met je camera?

bbdom

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually it appears my bad - I manually rotated the camera 90 degrees and the problem was solved - I didn't realise the time and date were overlaid after the image so all is good.

ebaycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Actually it appears my bad - I manually rotated the camera 90 degrees and the problem was solved - I didn't realise the time and date were overlaid after the image so all is good.

okay, but in the software CMS you can change a lot of things :D try it....

bbdom

n3wb
Reaction score
okay, but in the software CMS you can change a lot of things :D try it....
Thanks for the info - I've been playing with these for a year or so now - you've got the flip / mirror but no rotate which is what caught me out. This is the first bare board unit I've bought so had actually just mounted it the wrong way round (I blame the antibiotics I'm on lol). I'm having a play with one of the more expensive low light Sony units now. It seems to run nice and hot !

ebaycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the info - I've been playing with these for a year or so now - you've got the flip / mirror but no rotate which is what caught me out. This is the first bare board unit I've bought so had actually just mounted it the wrong way round (I blame the antibiotics I'm on lol). I'm having a play with one of the more expensive low light Sony units now. It seems to run nice and hot !

rotate can not indeed! i have now 4 TOP-201 cam`s running. it works very good with my synology servers. Before i have a airlive 325hd. This is much better and cheaper. only not waterproof. but you can make it waterproof on your own skills.....

bbdom

n3wb
Reaction score
That is my plan :) Hopefully I'll be able to construct a cheapish PTZ mechanism and hook them all up together.

Just plugged in a 1080p version of the TOP201 with the motorized zoom lens and it is quite impressive for the price. It will be good to see how these two relatively cheap cameras perform under low light conditions.

ebaycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is my plan :) Hopefully I'll be able to construct a cheapish PTZ mechanism and hook them all up together.

Just plugged in a 1080p version of the TOP201 with the motorized zoom lens and it is quite impressive for the price. It will be good to see how these two relatively cheap cameras perform under low light conditions.
i have that too, the 2mp version right? i have no motorizes zoom lens :S Have you a link for me? you have ir lights? the ir light cams are not work here. from a distance of 0.5meters it will work :D