scrambled green screen

Freubel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Look in the BI help file for an explanation of what "direct to wire" means.
Checked it, as far as i understand it it streams the camera feed directly to the webui without the bi in between, it skips any overlay, since i'm using the camera's for the overlay it doesn't change the looks in the webui. Great find ! Thank you very much :thumb:

RuralDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same problem here, only happening for a few days now(that i know about) on UI3 interface only.
My last windows update installed 6/13/22 so probably not related.
Hardware accel turned off and all cams on 264

BI_GreenScrn.png

Last edited:

Freubel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I still have the issue pop up now and then but it is a lot less. Also it doesn't matter if you are watching live or watching clips. It occurs in both situations.

BallistikG

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got the same issue here, fine on the native software but green and unusable through UI3 - as a BI newcomer it's pretty disheartening. I'm going to try a rollback, will post results

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Was just thinking that I'd not seen this, then setting up a new cam today had the same happen. Only seems to do it in Chrome on one Win 10 machine. Does not seem to happen in Chrome on a machine I have running Win 7.

Mine turns green as in the screenshots above initially when loading. After about 30 seconds or so will revert to the normal view.

Edit: Change that above... also will do it when loading single cam view. Click out of it and the whole screen is green. Back in again and normal. Back out again and green. Wait a while and good again.

Freubel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was just thinking that I'd not seen this, then setting up a new cam today had the same happen. Only seems to do it in Chrome on one Win 10 machine. Does not seem to happen in Chrome on a machine I have running Win 7.

Mine turns green as in the screenshots above initially when loading. After about 30 seconds or so will revert to the normal view.

Edit: Change that above... also will do it when loading single cam view. Click out of it and the whole screen is green. Back in again and normal. Back out again and green. Wait a while and good again.
I have it on a chromebook and 2 win 10 machines.

mvernx

n3wb
Reaction score
Same here for the last few days after upgrading, had to switch back to 5.5.8.2 and all good again

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
For those of us running CodeProject AI 1.55 you can't just roll back due to changes in BI. BUT you can for now fix your green screen by going onto your UI3 settings and select javascript as shown here in settings: Or just use Edge it works fine on all of my computers. I dropped chrome when I went to W11 simply because it just works great. And no green monsters :)

Screenshot 2022-07-25 065332.png

Freubel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For those of us running CodeProject AI 1.55 you can't just roll back due to changes in BI. BUT you can for now fix your green screen by going onto your UI3 settings and select javascript as shown here in settings: Or just use Edge it works fine on all of my computers. I dropped chrome when I went to W11 simply because it just works great. And no green monsters :)

View attachment 134450
I'm on a chromebook as main viewer so that's a no go unfortunatly.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you @Tinman. This error has been an issue for me the last month, but switching to javascript setting fixed it for me. Appreciate the original poster and everyone's troubleshooting on this one.