SD49225T-HN frequent restarts

JayS_IPCams

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think the problem is gone with the MINI PTZ DH_SD-Mao-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_IVS_V2.800.0000000.4.R.191105 Update. No frequent restarts in the last 7 days. :cool:
you put the firmware for the mini ptz on the sd4922t-hn? and its working fine?

Is there finally a true fix for this camera?

ThomWi

n3wb
Reaction score
OP here.

I tried almost everything mentioned in this thread and the problem was never resolved. I ended up just living with it. About 6 months ago the restarts became far more frequent, and a couple weeks ago reached the point where I'm calling the camera dead and have uninstalled it. It was restarting roughly every 5 minutes.

I have 3 other Dahua cameras on my property which have been rock solid for all these years. However, this camera was my only PTZ.

I would like to get a new PTZ but I'm obviously very wary of Dahua PTZ cameras at this point. Was the root cause of this camera's issue ever determined? Was it limited to this model or are other models showing similar instability? Are there any known good PTZ models?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OP here.

I tried almost everything mentioned in this thread and the problem was never resolved. I ended up just living with it. About 6 months ago the restarts became far more frequent, and a couple weeks ago reached the point where I'm calling the camera dead and have uninstalled it. It was restarting roughly every 5 minutes.

I have 3 other Dahua cameras on my property which have been rock solid for all these years. However, this camera was my only PTZ.

I would like to get a new PTZ but I'm obviously very wary of Dahua PTZ cameras at this point. Was the root cause of this camera's issue ever determined? Was it limited to this model or are other models showing similar instability? Are there any known good PTZ models?
I wonder if it was just that camera.

I have several Dahua PTZs and they are all rock solid.

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The frequent restarts bug is fixed (for me). :cool:
I ended up just living with it. About 6 months ago the restarts became far more frequent, and a couple weeks ago reached the point where I'm calling the camera dead and have uninstalled it. It was restarting roughly every 5 minutes.
Dto. :( The problem has been coming back for me for a few months now. Sometimes the camera reboots itself, or it freezes completely and has to be disconnected from the power supply (PoE-Switch). The intervals between when this happens are getting shorter and shorter. Sometimes it works for a few days and sometimes it happens every day. I also integrated the camera into Home Assistant via Onvif, so that I can see in the logs if and when the camera reboots or is no longer accessible at all.

Example:
Code:
Logger: homeassistant.components.stream.stream.camera.dahua_hof_mediaprofile_channel1_substream2
Source: components/stream/__init__.py:431
Integration: Stream (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 1. Januar 2024 um 21:10:34 (11 occurrences)
Last logged: 06:55:39

Error from stream worker: Error demuxing stream: [Errno 110] Operation timed out: 'rtsp:/****:****@192.168.1.88:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=2&unicast=true&proto=Onvif'
Error from stream worker: Error opening stream (ERRORTYPE_110, Operation timed out) rtsp:/****:****@192.168.1.88:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=2&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Error from stream worker: Error opening stream (ERRORTYPE_113, Host is unreachable) rtsp:/****:****@192.168.1.88:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=2&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Error from stream worker: Error opening stream (ERRORTYPE_111, Connection refused) rtsp:/****:****@192.168.1.88:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=2&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Firmware:
DH-SD49225T-HN_Firmware.png

After more than 6 years of continuous use outdoors, it's okay for me if the camera slowly breaks down.

DH-SD49225T-HN_Lebensdauer.png

Now I need a replacement but I can't decide which PTZ camera to buy yet. :) I didn't really want to spend more than a maximum of € 400. The usual suspects: :lol:

SD4A425DB-HNY
Andy: PTZ425DB-AT ~ € 350

SD4E425GB-HNR-A-PV1
Andy: PTZ4M-25X-PV ~ € 410

SD49425GB-HNR
Andy: PTZ494M-25X ~ € 390

Because autotracking isn't that important to me and I don't necessarily need a 25x zoom again, maybe even a cheap one from the SD3 series will be enough for me:

SD3E405DB-GNY-A-PV1
Andy: PTZ3E405-AI ~ € 220

What bothers me about the SD3E405DB-GNY-A-PV1 is the noise when zooming (Review- Autotracking PTZ3E405-Al EmpireTech 4MP 5X Optical Zoom TiOC PTZ Camera with Auto Tracking, Built-in Mic and Speaker).

BTW: In addition to the SD49225T-HN, I have been using several SD1A203T-GN for a few years, but an SD1A404XB-GNR (PTZ1A4M-4X) as a replacement for the SD49225T-HN would not be enough for me.

Everything not that easy. :)

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It has now become none of the models mentioned above, but instead an SD49225XA-HNR. :lol: A dealer here in Germany still has new ones and is selling them for €300. It is still the original SD49225XA-HNR and not the S2 or S3 model.

deviceType=DH-SD49225XA-HNR
hardwareVersion=1.00
processor=HI3516DV300

It was delivered with the following firmware version
SD49225XA-HNR_Firmware_Auslieferungszustand.png

Since it is the original first SD49225XA-HNR model, I was also able to install firmware 200312 with auto-tracking on it.:cool:

SD49225XA-HNR_Autotracking_Firmware.png
SD49225XA-HNR_IVS_Tracking.png

BTW: Thanks Andy for providing the firmware. :clap::)

Since I haven't been able to test the firmware extensively yet, I don't know whether I'll stick with it or update to the firmware from 2022. I had also already installed the firmware from 2022 (DH_SD-Prometheus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.812.0000032.2.R.220804) - then without auto-tracking - as a test. Of course that also works.

The SD49225XA-HNR as a replacement for my SD49225T-HN is a good choice for me. Especially at the price of €300 for new Dahua goods that are still in their original packaging (Production date according to sticker 05/2021).

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dto. :( The problem has been coming back for me for a few months now. Sometimes the camera reboots itself, or it freezes completely and has to be disconnected from the power supply (PoE-Switch). The intervals between when this happens are getting shorter and shorter. Sometimes it works for a few days and sometimes it happens every day.
Now that I have replaced the camera outside with a Dahua SD49225XA-HNR, I have had the SD49225T-HN connected in my study for a few days. This way I can see straight away when the camera restarts and this means I can also rule out moisture or temperature fluctuations as the cause.

The camera is now no longer powered via PoE but directly with a 3A power supply, so I can rule out any problems caused by the PoE power supply.

In the camera log, under System, I can also see that the camera was restarted two to three times a day.
SD49225T-HN_Log.png
Apart from the restarts, the camera was always accessible via its IP and has not yet completely stopped working again.

I'm currently still using the firmware version from 2021,
SD49225T-HN_Firmware_aktuell.png

but I'll now - in a few days - install and test the version from 2019 again because I didn't have these restart problems with the 2019 firmware.