Seeking some guidance choosing first home camera setup

isabido

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have activated SMD 3.0 and tried to run past the camera, the IVS rule does not activate, but the SMD captures quickly and makes the recording correctly, a few seconds ahead of the event like Reolink does.

It would be very interesting if they applied this improvement to the IVS rules as well.

What I can't find now is that it activates the led and alarm sound when it detects SMD to human.

Another question I have is if I can tell SMD to only detect humans in a certain area, in the location where I will install the camera it will have a view of where people will pass outside my property. I know you can apply a mask, but this will make me lose the video.

isabido

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have already achieved that SMD only acts in a certain area. When the intelligent person/vehicle detection is activated by default the motion detection settings are activated, and here you can define this area.

What I do think I will not be able to do is turn on the LED and sound the alarm when it detects humans. I think this is something that Dahua has restricted to the TIOC series of cameras.

1661624291496.png

isabido

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you think that the "early" capture of the IVS rules can be solved by adjusting the "Pre-event Record" time from 5 to 10 seconds?

1661776777179.png

Thanks!

isabido

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Wittaj, What does not seem to be possible to solve is this matter, of activating Light and siren only with SMD active configuration. It is a very "dumb" option that seems Dahua forgot to apply in the firmware, or else it is consciously so as not to overlap with its TIOC range.

1661777207838.png

isabido

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm not thinking correctly in 3D, but I can't get the perimeter tripwire that you can see in the image to work.

The intrusion zone, I do not respond as I intend.

1661802239156.png

I have the maximum sensitivity to see if it helps, but I can't get it to activate.

1661802408169.png

1661802481956.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the intrusion doesn't work for the door, then try a tripwire and go back and forth across the door in a zig-zag pattern.

For intrusion, did you do appears and crosses?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you're using ivs turn off motion and smart motion detection both.
The way you have that drawn along the top of the walls will probably never trip that way.
You want to draw in such a way that thinking that if you put it across say a doorway that if it was a wall you would run into it if you were walking through that doorway.

isabido

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dispensing with SMD for the presence of humans does not seem like a good option to me. In fact right now it is the only thing that is working correctly. I have tried to disable it and try IVS with a simple rule. And I am not able to make it run, with a cushion you have to take the whole body. I leave you this example video where you can see the alert light when it detects.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The IVS is only for human or vehicle, so just a cushion or part of your hand will not trigger it.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
SMD or Motion is redundant, no need for it to be on.
The tripwire worked as it should, it doesn't trigger on the pillow, but it did trigger when it saw a human body.
That railing being in the FOV isn't helping anything.

isabido

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The IVS is only for human or vehicle, so just a cushion or part of your hand will not trigger it.
I thought that by not FILTERING by object, (human, vehicle) it would detect any object.

1661811884204.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes in that case it will as long as it is larger than the min size, but the pillow is also dark with the dark background so that will make it problematic.

Looking at your field of view, I would only be concerned with humans. The pillow won't up and walk away lol.

isabido

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, the cushion is just an experiment to better understand how it works. I have tried lowering the minimum size to something much smaller and it fails to detect it.

1661813260566.png

I'm trying to make another detection region on the ground instead of the door, and it still doesn't trigger the alarm.

1661813050469.png

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well, the cushion is just an experiment to better understand how it works. I have tried lowering the minimum size to something much smaller and it fails to detect it.

View attachment 138381

I'm trying to make another detection region on the ground instead of the door, and it still doesn't trigger the alarm.

View attachment 138380
Raise that intrusion box up to about halfway up the door.

isabido

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Perfect now if it seems to work correctly and reliably.

Could you recommend me how to draw the line for the perimeter of the wall, I want it to be executed when someone jumps over the wall/fence.

1661814259012.png

isabido

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What do you think about this option? I could solve everything with a single rule. And make it easier for the IA.
1661842019258.png