Send Pushover notifications with pictures and hyperlinks

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Again, thanks for your response and input. I truly appreciate you taking the time to address something this trivial.

And with all due respect to the more adventurous and development minded folks among you, I'm a basic needs 5.7.4.2 guy and intend to stay that way as long as possible! LOL

I don't know if the image path would be different for the email attachment format than for the curl script, but the resulting display behavior of the app certainly indicates the images are each handled differently once they hit the Android app. A little digging should reveal if they are actually derived from the same BI source location and whether they are manipulated pre or post the app itself. Just haven't dug into that yet.

I've found the Pushover email alert to essentially behave as desired when the screen is rotated and the image tapped as shown below. It's also a clean image of a 1080 main stream (relatively speaking) at 80% quality.

Email Screenshot_20240814-214157_resized.png

The push alert by comparison is dramatically smaller version of the same image that requires the zoom and pan controls (or screen swiping) to affect the size and position resulting in degraded quality and no default anchoring or reference..., just random floating on the display. Not convenient or practical for the purpose.

Push Screenshot_20240814-215207_resized.png

I'll try the link to the discussion group and see where that may go. The ability to rotate and enlarge to full screen is obviously there in the email format. Seems like applying the same capability to the push format would be a piece o' cake at the app level itself and not require external script interaction to apply.

Thanks again for your time and ongoing support here. I've gained an enormous amount of knowledge from your efforts with this thread.