Send Pushover notifications with pictures and hyperlinks

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Please forgive me for my ignorance. But when you say blue iris action what does that specifically mean?
Example:
Camera settings > Alert tab > 'On alert' button > displays an 'Action set' dialog
1726790300077.png

Each entry in the 'Action set' is an 'Action'
The screenshot shows the dialog for the 1st Action in the Action set

gantiwar

n3wb
Reaction score
Example:
Camera settings > Alert tab > 'On alert' button > displays an 'Action set' dialog
View attachment 203444

Okay so the syntax is being run in an action set in blue iris. So I am guessing my macros are not configured correctly because I changed the location of folders from the db instead. Will try to revert to default and update.

natharas

n3wb
Reaction score
Few questions trying to get a understanding here why I'm having issues via Pushover:
I'm using Tailscale to connect while I'm not at home and am using the following to test with
-s --form-string "token=redacted" --form-string "user=redacted" --form-string "message=<b>&CAM</b> &MEMO" --form-string "html=1" --form-string "device=motog545g" --form-string "url_title=UI3" --form-string "url=&WAN/ui3.htm?r=&ALERT_DB&m=1&p=Jpeg%20HD" -F "attachment=@C:\BlueIris\Alerts\&ALERT_PATH"

If I try to test an alert via Cam Settings, Alert, On Alert I don't receive anything, originally I did receive two alerts but nothing since, they also didn't have a preview of the alert just a grey envelope.

edit so I've just got it to work again, but it still doesn't trigger a preview image just a grey envelope, also the URL link is pointing to my public IP, I would think it should be hitting my Tailscale IP as the endpoints on there match what my BlueIris server is?

Last edited:

natharas

n3wb
Reaction score
Update, I've got it working, how do I add my wife to the same Pushover that I have or is the best way to do it is with creating a Delivery group and then using the delivery group key in the code? I assume that we would both then need to purchase the Pushover application as well?

gantiwar

n3wb
Reaction score
F
Example:
View attachment 203444

Finally got push notications to work- the alert_path macros wasnt resolving so I just reverted all the storage settings to default. But whenever I click on the hi-res jpeg or the ui3 it all just times out in the browser. I am guessing I have something wrong with my web server set-up. any advice? but the alerts are spot on and are working!

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Update, I've got it working, how do I add my wife to the same Pushover that I have or is the best way to do it is with creating a Delivery group and then using the delivery group key in the code? I assume that we would both then need to purchase the Pushover application as well?
I’d try spending the extra $5 for the spouse’s Pushover app, then try the Delivery Group option.

This issue has never crossed my radar. My spouse hasn’t been interested in receiving even MORE notifications.

Thanks for the heads-up, as I had never noticed the Delivery Group option until now. If you get it working, please let us know if it works out of the box, or requires more effort than it appears here

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Few questions trying to get a understanding here why I'm having issues via Pushover:
I'm using Tailscale to connect while I'm not at home and am using the following to test with
-s --form-string "token=redacted" --form-string "user=redacted" --form-string "message=<b>&CAM</b> &MEMO" --form-string "html=1" --form-string "device=motog545g" --form-string "url_title=UI3" --form-string "url=&WAN/ui3.htm?r=&ALERT_DB&m=1&p=Jpeg%20HD" -F "attachment=@C:\BlueIris\Alerts\&ALERT_PATH"

If I try to test an alert via Cam Settings, Alert, On Alert I don't receive anything, originally I did receive two alerts but nothing since, they also didn't have a preview of the alert just a grey envelope.

edit so I've just got it to work again, but it still doesn't trigger a preview image just a grey envelope, also the URL link is pointing to my public IP, I would think it should be hitting my Tailscale IP as the endpoints on there match what my BlueIris server is?
The syntax looks ok to me.

When you say ‘test’, you are actually walking in front of the cameras - right? The Action does not work if you are using only the Action Set lightning bolt icon.

To restore the picture, you might try the options discussed in post 655.
And some users have found it necessary to add argument --ssl-no-revoke.

It’s been awhile now, but when I last used TailScale, I recall that I had to enter the BI PC’s TailScale address and BI web server port in the WAN field in the Blue Iris Settings > Web server tab.

Last edited:

natharas

n3wb
Reaction score
Few questions
I’d try spending the extra $5 for the spouse’s Pushover app, then try the Delivery Group option.

This issue has never crossed my radar. My spouse hasn’t been interested in receiving even MORE notifications.

Thanks for the heads-up, as I had never noticed the Delivery Group option until now. If you get it working, please let us know if it works out of the box, or requires more effort than it appears here
Shall let you know how I go with the delivery group option, won't have a chance to look at it now till the weekend.

MChevrier

n3wb
Reaction score
All my cameras have been setup for Pushover as described in the posts found in this very instructive thread. Went for a walk around my backyard.
Photo 1 : The screen capture of the detections made by BI that are shown on the BI app
Photo 2 : The only alert received on my phone

Question : Is photo 2 showing an alert from BI app or PO?

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
All my cameras have been setup for Pushover as described in the posts found in this very instructive thread. Went for a walk around my backyard.
Photo 1 : The screen capture of the detections (All good) made by BI that are shown on the BI app
Photo 2 : The only alert received on my phone
Question : Is photo 2 showing an alert from BI app or PO?
Photo 2 is a Blue Iris notification.

Did you confirm that the Pushover app on your phone is receiving notifications when sent from your Blue Iris PC via the curl command in cmd.exe? See section Testing using the Windows Command Prompt in post #1.

MChevrier

n3wb
Reaction score
I did the test suggested in post #1 and did not receive anything on my phone. So something is not right somewhere.
Any clue?
Photo 3 and 4 : Capture of Action Set parameters
Photo 5 : Parameters in Configure Run Action

Attachments

Last edited:

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I did the test suggested in post #1 and did not receive anything on my phone. So something is not right somewhere.
Any clue?
Photo 3 and 4 : Capture of Action Set parameters
You need to share the actual command that you are testing in cmd.exe. Not a screen grab of cmd.exe, but the actual command text, preferably in a code block.

1727365063035.png

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I did C:\Windows\system32>curl.exe and right here the text found in picture 5 of my preceding reply
If you are using the exact text in your picture 5 to execute the curl command in cmd.exe, then it will fail.

Key Points:
  1. The Blue Iris macros are expanded only when executed via a Blue Iris Action. In cmd.exe testing you'll need to replace them with actual values.
  2. The -attachment= argument must point to a JPG file that actually exists in your Alerts folder.