Setting up Zmodo ZP-IBH13-w

Reaction score
fenderman:
Hey that would be fantastic if you could do a teamviewer session! I am in the CST timezone and largely available all day today Monday Feb 16th. Just let me know
what times you are thinking off.
Should I send you my email in a private message to help communicate?
Sincerely,
Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

chuck

n3wb
Reaction score
FWIW regarding the WIFI on these cameras since someone mentioned it, it's pretty damn good!

I replaced the antenna with a +9dbi 14-16 inch antenna, and replaced all 3 on my wireless access point with the same. I get 60-75% signal rating at about 500 feet, The camera is bolted to a tree along with a battery and 1200 watts of solar collection.

I was having signal problems, but after walking the property with a laptop running Vistumbler and discovering the channels in use by those around me, I changed the cameras wifi channel to a lesser used one and have been fairly trouble-free for months now.

Reaction score
Great information!

All I need is a 60 ft range through one brick wall and down a 30 ft angle.
Once I get this set up with BI I think my range will be okay. I have a high end router and plan to get a
[h=1]Amped Wireless High Power 1000mW Wi-Fi Signal Booster (SB1000)[/h]In this high stressed high radio wave urban/crime environment I live in it's a battle of the best
and most powerful gear.

When you say "replaced all 3 on my wireless access point with the same"
are you talking about your main router?

When you talk about a "lesser-used channel" does Vistumbler identify what exact channel your neighbors use?

Thanks for the info,
Bill

Reaction score
fenderman:

I found out in the online manual for the cam they give fairly detailed info on all the port information.

The cam is still working well off the ZViewer app. I will be going back to work Tues through Friday my only free time is after 8 p.m. or so until midnight.

Take care,
Bill

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dont waste money on the amped stuff you are better off paying someone to wire the camera ...it will end up costing the same and will be stable..if you are still having issues with setting up the camera you can pm me the teamviewer credentials.

chuck

n3wb
Reaction score
My wireless access points are separate devices from my router, but if your router is also your WAP that would be the correct place to change antennas.

You are fighting an up-hill battle with that brick wall. I installed a POE WAP in the attic dedicated to this camera so it would only have to go through about 3/4 inch of wood to get a signal out of the house. Since you mention "down a 30 foot angle" I want to mention that the omni-directional antennas create a doughnut signal pattern, not a sphere. Your antennas should be parallel to each other for best reception.

WIFI channels - Yeah, Vistumbler shows the channels in use within it's range, and cool graph too!

Great information!

All I need is a 60 ft range through one brick wall and down a 30 ft angle.
Once I get this set up with BI I think my range will be okay. I have a high end router and plan to get a
Amped Wireless High Power 1000mW Wi-Fi Signal Booster (SB1000)

In this high stressed high radio wave urban/crime environment I live in it's a battle of the best
and most powerful gear.

When you say "replaced all 3 on my wireless access point with the same"
are you talking about your main router?

When you talk about a "lesser-used channel" does Vistumbler identify what exact channel your neighbors use?

Thanks for the info,
Bill

RedFoxie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, i'm new to this forum and have exactly the same issues with the ZP-IBH13-W camera's.

When i use the 720P feed, (/tcp/av0_0) i receive a lot of "No Signal" messages, when i use the QVGA feed (/tcp/av0_1) it works like a charm, but with a maximum resolution of 640x480.
I've got 12 camera's in total, couple of them are wired (5) and the others are wireless. Is there a way to get them on the 720P feed without the No Signal message...?

Attachments

Reaction score
Fenderman: Update/ Hello. I made some minor setting changes in my router pages mainly for the ZViewer aspect and along the way I thought I would launch
BI to try and get a USB cam I have hooked up to it then I saw the Zmodo image on the screen. Anyway it seems stable for now, I did some testing off
of taking the cables on and off, etc. and now have it up on my roof as a sky cam.
It is totally wired at this point. Will see how long that lasts.

Thanks again,
Bill

Reaction score
Not so great - I went back to see if I could get the image back on the ZViewer and re-added the device which
came up okay but then it knocked it off the BI cam view. Back to "no signal" problem.

It showed a new IP name which I had also changed on BI but that did not help.
Will mess with it tomorrow sometime.

Thanks for checking back here.

Also on the port forward website checker it says my Port 80 is closed. Shouldn't that normally be open?

Bill

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, all your ports will be closed..unless you port forward them...dont use port 80 to port forward anything...also many isp's block port 80

Reaction score
Fenderman:

Came back here this morning to the PC and launched ZViewer it had a good image from the Zmodo and then
launched BI and it also had a good view from the Zmodo. So will let things sit like this for awhile.

Thanks for the port info. I did learn a lot yesterday in a trial by fire kind of way.

Update 2: I decided to go ahead and get inside this webcam. It was a real easy job and I am sure I have the IR light panel
disconnected. It's easy to test just by covering the sensor during daylight hours.
The cam came right back so I will see how things look tonight.

Update 3: Now that it's "night" out the cam view is all static. The daytime view was fine. Not sure how the lens can tell
that night has arrived with the IR sensor and IR lights totally disconnected. The BI view seems to to switch between no signal
and a good signal on a whim.

Will see how it looks in the morning.

Update 4: Yesterday night the same bad thing happened but during daylight hours the view is fine. When I first disconnected the one wire
the IR lights worked but when I disconnected both then the lights did not come on. I might go back in their and re-connect
that other lead only and see how it responds.

Reaction score
I have 3 of these Zmodos, 2 wired Ethernet and 1 WiFi. Same latest firmware on all 3. I also periodically get the No Signal problem on the 720p channel over BI/RTSP. Seems to happen in fits once in a while. No Ethernet or Wifi signal issues during these No Signal events. No routers involved in this setup, and gigabit lan for the wired cams. The builtin Zmodo web page always works. I wish I could figure out a reason.

Reaction score
To everyone,
Per Zmodo/Funlux tech support, They told me today, they do not work right or at all with Blue Iris, and same types software packages. They told me it's a timing problem and they are working on it, and hope to have a fix in about 6 to 9 months. So I hope this info helps everyone.
Steve

shaba

n3wb
Reaction score
To everyone,
Per Zmodo/Funlux tech support, They told me today, they do not work right or at all with Blue Iris, and same types software packages. They told me it's a timing problem and they are working on it, and hope to have a fix in about 6 to 9 months. So I hope this info helps everyone.
Steve
Hi
Some news?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You are using an old version. What version of BI are you using?