Shipment Delay Notification

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't want to annoy you. I'm just a bit angry about the situation. They predicted arrival for this Monday, and since then it was on "pending" with no update until today. I know there would be delay but that's just crazy and their customer service blame the shipper for not handing over the shipment to Fedex.

Demand is not down, no company has sufficient capacity: "Shanghai-Europe rates have already increased 340% year-on-year, and Shanghai-North America rates by 272%." Their prediction was just wrong. Now capacity in passenger planes is missing (60% of all freight capacity) and shipping takes ages but on their website predicted delivery times have not changed, still claims 5 days door to door and this is dishonest.
The data they have from tracking could show very precise real delivery times.
The article you cited to says that Fedex says demand is down. Fedex knows its demand and what it can charge for a package. If they want to charge you 1000% more than last year they can. This is known as a free market economy which is why we are so successful. If you can find someone to move your package quicker/cheaper/better you are free to choose that carrier.
You say their customer services blamed the shipper. How do you know it is not the shippers fault.
Based on the evidence you have provided, the package was received today but after the cutoff so technically tomorrow. You will know in six days whether or not they have met their estimated delivery schedule.

Reaction score
I think China is screwing with shippers, this is not the only forum that is talking about long ship times from China.
certain manufactures of electrical supplies and equipment are being told expect the products to ship in September

sn0000py

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have ordered on monday 2 Cams from Andy, on wednesday the 2 cams are shipped from Hong Kong, today (Friday) i get a notiication i get them till End of the Day - Happy with the delivery time :D

The cams are sent to Austria (not the country with the kangaroo :p )

Reaction score
Have ordered on monday 2 Cams from Andy, on wednesday the 2 cams are shipped from Hong Kong, today (Friday) i get a notiication i get them till End of the Day - Happy with the delivery time :D

The cams are sent to Austria (not the country with the kangaroo :p )
did you order through Amazon? I ordered all three cameras from Amazon but the 2md one shipped from China and took three weeks to get here. I also noticed that the box had been opened and closed at least once if not twice

sn0000py

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It was shipped with DHL Express, i got on wednesday an info that i have to pay taxes, which i paid per paypal, and that was it, today at eleven the two cams

chaosengine

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My other cams also came with DHL Express, all arrived within a week, even short before christmas but this time Andy used FedEx, next time I will ask for DHL shipping. Seems to work better for Europe.

Reaction score
Maybe things have gotten better?

I sent @EMPIRETECANDY an email requesting price on a Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS 6.0 MM Wednesday June 3rd at 7:44pm Houston time. He got back to me right away and payment was complete at 8:52 pm. I received the camera today, Wednesday June 10th at 2:11pm Houston time. It was DHL shipped from Hong Kong.

Can't ask for anything better than that!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

Hope you are all safe. The virus has been under good controlling now, and everything is back to normal step by step now. Shipping cost incresed 200% in April and May, right now down a bit. But still a little high. I think in July, everything can be back to normal.
The shipment from HONGKONG to USA 3-5 working days, to Europe 5-7 working days, Australia 3-5 working days after ordered.

Andy

Last edited:

htfan

n3wb
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY Are these COVID19 delays still supposed to be a problem?
Our order shipped on September 17th and still hasn't been delivered. DHL tracking information says it's been in Los Angeles since Sept. 18. There are a number of 'Customs status updated' and 'Clearance event' updates but the Location has not changed. It's been in 'Los Angeles Gateway, CA since Sept 18th. The last update is dated Oct. 4 and says 'Clearance event'. What do we do now?