"Smart Detect" feature of Dahua camera!

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also have a 4216-4k PAL version NVR with a mix of PAL and NTSC cameras and they all work fine. I have my nvr hooked up via HDMI to a 4K tv and its my understaning that HD tvs can adjust to eithier.
Do u have hikvision cams on that nvr?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Yes 2 of them. 1 Hunisun, 1 Sunba, 1 Dahua, 1 Avigalon. All onif cams should work well. Only time you may have a issue is with NOn Dahua PTZ. 90 percent of the time you can control the movement but not so much the presets, tours, scans, etc. I use a mix of cams depending on my needs. However in my opinion, Dahua has pulled away from the bunch.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I have the imporx v2 on my dahua nvr. I ldont get full functionality out of it but have no issue with ptz controls. I just can't motion detection from the nvr. Everything has to be set through camera gui.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I shut everything off last night and left just the NVR on, and I could still not hear it.. but it is inside a cabinet and I was unable to get the room totally silent like a bedroom at night.. so by my standards, its not loud in the least.

keep in mind I spend alot of time in datacenters, I could very well be partially deaf to these frequencies ;)

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After no contact or reply I ordered a 4216-4k thru the Ali link nayr posted. Came with few 3.210.0005 dated. 4-26-16
Connected a 4431c and a 4421c to it and no IVs features were present on NVR. Also got a copy of the fw from 9-28-15. Guess I'll be down grading fw.

Both cams have full IVs function. Enable IVs tripwire feature, reboot NVR, even tried other manufacturer settings in the remote screen. No "enable IVs" check box ever appeared in the "general" screen or Ivs feature list in "events.

Am I missing something????
Is it only with the .0002 version firmware for 4k NVR. Im a bit hesitant updating fw unless I have to.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
@marid2apterbilt,

It sounds like the NVR f/w doesn't support IVS. My NVR initially didn't have IVS features displayed, when browsing to the NVR. (but I could see IVS features when I browsed to the camera)

After upgrading f/w on the NVR, the screens changed. This is what IVS Tripwires looks like, from the NVR. On the left, you'll see Face Detect as well, an IVS feature.
ivs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
plug a monitor into it and see if you can configure IVS, mine dont have the WebUI and I've been hesitant to update the firmware because i can configure it all directly with a monitor/mouse

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No IVs thru web ui or GUI with HDMI. I checked both ways. When I requested updated firmware for my other NVR the contact noted they roved some features and they recommend the .0002 firmware for the 4xxx 4k NVR. Nayr if u wanna try what version you have I was sent .0002 9/15. Be glad to share if u want. I think your right in not upgrading. Yours is only 4x 4k I've seen confirmed and fw version

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So to start a list of FW that does or doesn't support IVS
4xxx-4k model
3.210.0002.0, Build Date: 09-28-2015. IVS YEs. Nary posted pg5

4k no IVS support
3.210.0001 1-24-15
3.210.0005 4-26-16

Non 4-k 4xxx models
IVS suported
General_NVR4xxx_Eng_PN_V3.201.0000.0.R.20151120.bi n. Fastb posted pg 5

If anyone has other FW versions they know do or don't support IVS please add them. Will surely save someone alot of time and $$$$

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
3.210.0002 did the trick on my 4216-4k from Ali. Next is the main box 4416-4k from a USA vendor. I'll update it once I get the smash n grab box setup unless the 2 don't play nice together.

Reaction score
I have IVS support on my NVR4208-8p.
Fw 3.201.0000.1.R

I had to hook a monitor to it and activate IVS that way though.

kdepauw

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible to receive the firmware version : 3.210.0002.0, Build Date: 28-09-2015
from somebody ?

I have 2 NVR's

One is a NVR4432-4K with above firmware and the other is a
NVR4416-4K with later firmware and some features are missing.

kdepauw

n3wb
Reaction score
I just received an update for the NVR44xx-4K

DH_NVR4xxx_4K_Eng_General_V3.210.0002.0.T.20160711

I can say that IVS/Motion/FishEye - Dewarp is back working !!

Last edited:

kdepauw

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the firmware from the 'original' distributor from the Netherlands.
I asked for the new firmware and the older one ( the original that was installed on the NVR) , so they provided them both.

I can sent both if you like ( PM me )

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi guys, I spent at least two hours last night trying to get the IVs to send a snapshot upon a trigger. I feel like I have hit every possible combination on the settings. Unless I missed one little thing. After a lot of searching I found this post.

1. I have a 4K NVR and the latest firmware, is it just not possible? Is there work around? I'm still confused after reading the thread. Can I simply put a wire from the alarm out back into the alarm in and send a snapshot that way?

The IVS has worked extremely well in my short expertimentation. Didn't go off in a snow storm unless I walked across the line.

2. Is there anyway to get the IVS triggers to appear on my NVR recordings. I'd like to be able to go back and just look at the areas that were triggered. But I can't seem to get that to happen. I will post screenshots soon

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
is it recording upon trigger or is it not doing anything on trigger?

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
is it recording upon trigger or is it not doing anything on trigger?
I am able to get it to send me an email upon triggering. But it never adds an attachment or snapshot to the email. And I'm not seeing any orange colors in the playback recordings. Which is the smart detection. I making a video about it right now and I can show you what it looks like. Big storm today hoping the power doesn't go out in the middle of all this.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
try setting up the push notifications in iDMSS, I dont have mine doing anything w/snapshots but ive heard issues of getting the attachments.

In SmartPSS, Go to Device Config, Select your NVR, drill down to Storage -> Schedule and make sure Smart (IVS) been scheduled on all your channels
Screenshot 2017-02-03 12.07.39.png

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Caligirl,
So you get emails, but no snap.
Didja enable snaps?
snap.jpg

Also, snaps can occur for "Timing" reasons or "Trigger" reasons, such as an event.
You want "Trigger"

trig.jpg

Let us know if that works....

Fastb