SRICAM only works while connected to network.

tomcat

n3wb
Reaction score
I will say one thing. I have just purchased 2 SriCam IP Cameras, the lil black ones that look like a robot for internal use. I ALSO can not get the WIFI to work all though hardwired works great.... this is ridiculous that it is so difficult to set up for wifi!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I will say one thing. I have just purchased 2 SriCam IP Cameras, the lil black ones that look like a robot for internal use. I ALSO can not get the WIFI to work all though hardwired works great.... this is ridiculous that it is so difficult to set up for wifi!
wifi works...i have set it up for other users...its just that wifi in general is not reliable...I would also certainly never use a sricam - they are crap.
Remember that when you switch over to wifi, the camera will get a NEW ip address..the old will will no longer work...
Also check the that the wifi password entered is correct...
Those two issues resolved everyone's problems.

dobber

n3wb
Reaction score
sricam doesnt pick up green or blue in daytime.

I have 2 sricams both working on wifi and neither pick up the colour green or blue looks like its a snowy winters day when its pointing at my garden is this normal with sricams?.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: sricam doesnt pick up green or blue in daytime.

I have 2 sricams both working on wifi and neither pick up the colour green or blue looks like its a snowy winters day when its pointing at my garden is this normal with sricams?.
Welcome to the forum..yes..they probably dont have IR cut filters...the cameras are very low end junk...below is an example of a hikvision camera that could be had for between 90-150 depending on where you buy it from...world of difference,...remember to set the youtube video to hd

Reaction score
An old thread but on point with another WIFI noob with (yes I know a POS Sircam but not everyone will ship to Alaska) I cannot get WIFI to work either with static or dynamic IP:mad-new:. The closest I have come is to establish an ADHOC P2P with camera. I can connect to the camera or at least see it as a wireless network with my laptop but that is as far as it goes Firefox will not connect with the IP address nor can I ping it.
Below are my INFRA settings

The ADHOC setting that I used is below:

The camera will be used in the field operating from battery power to far for cat5 but should work with Yagi antennas and an amp but I need to get it working in the house first.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

Reaction score
I can connect to the camera or at least see it as a wireless network with my laptop but that is as far as it goes Firefox will not connect with the IP address nor can I ping it.
oops forgot!
I can find the camera on WIFI with my laptop (no cables or strings attached) with the Sircam P2P ID Finder software but it will not open. If I change the static IP number the "ID Finder" tracks the changes but no further joy.
Screen shot from "ID Finder" on the laptop.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

ritman16

n3wb
Reaction score
It took me forever but I got the WIFI to work on my sricam!!!!!!!!!

This is what helped me. When the camera reboots when the WIFI settings are set. Leave it hooked to the network cable. Instructions say wait 30 seconds before you disconnect. I would do it for a least 3 mins after the camera reboots. Then disconnect the cable.

Ruralgurl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, new to the forum, read through this all quickly and it looks very complicated so I'm after some advice! I have 2 Sricam IP outdoor cameras like the ones already discussed. They are currently connected via Ethernet cables to my router about 15 feet away. I didn't set them up on my PC, only on our android phones and our iPads, so my first question is can I configure the wifi on those devices or do I need to install it all on the PC to make the changes? Secondly, I live in a rural location and at best can only get about 1mbps (rubbish I know!). I'm seriously considering changing to mobile broadband but I know I won't then be able to connect these cameras with cables. Has anyone out there have any experience of using these cameras with a mobile broadband? It'll be the decisive factor on whether I make the change. Many thanks, sorry for the long post!

Mojo2787

n3wb
Reaction score
I was able to get the same sricam model (ap004) to work on wifi by setting it up to connect to the signal you want then when you submit, it will show in the web interface the reboot countdown. During said countdown I disconnected the Ethernet cable and when the cam came back it was connected to the wifi and I was able to pull it up in BI as well, but these particular cams (sricam) are problematic when it comes to maintaining a stable connection over time.

jpax1234

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello ..Please I need a quick help in setting up my Sricam IP Cmera to be viewed on my Iphone. What is the pwd or does it have a default pwd???

jpax1234

n3wb
Reaction score
please need our help. I could not achieve any stage of set up all?

tx.
jpX

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
please need our help. I could not achieve any stage of set up all?

tx.
jpX
Welcome to the forum You need to explain what is wrong..you cannot simply say its not working...otherwise folks cant help you out.
Sricam is junk, if you can return it you should

jpax1234

n3wb
Reaction score
MOJO,
please I did not get your respond clearly?
what is user:
pwd:

Thank.
Jpax

jpax1234

n3wb
Reaction score
I connected the wired cable to my router,and the power plug also.I could see the yellow lighjt and green light the way it should be. I now want to to view my cmamera on my iphone,I down loaded the APCamera App on my iphone, so nxt is to add camera I csearch for my camera which was found on my phone but where I ran into problem was stage of inputting my user: pwd. it keep saying invalid user or pwd!!

Mojo2787

n3wb
Reaction score
yea the default credentials are: admin with no password sorry I didn't specify the first time. hope this helps.

jpax1234

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank for your replies. I works out. I was up till 2 am mountain time in Canada.I probably have 2 questions more.I seems to be getting just black and white on my screen .what can I do ?
2dl please setting up email alert I seems not to get something right!!
Sender

SMTP Server Please select @gmail.com @yahoo.com,@yahoo.com.cn @sina.com @qq.com @sohu.com @yeah.net @126.com @163.com @tom.com @263.net @21cn.com @eyou.com
SMTP Port
Need Authentication
SSL NONE SSL TLS
SMTP User
SMTP Password
Receiver 1
Receiver 2
Receiver 3
Receiver 4
Test Submit your changes BEFORE performing a test.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I could not find Hotmail?

Mojo2787

n3wb
Reaction score
Your saying that your web interface is black and white? or the actual video feed?

brexonrod

n3wb
Reaction score
can anyone help me with my sricam...i cant view my cam using different network or mobile data in short i cant view in different place.....?